The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

Hopefully this can be a confidence-booster. A great comeback win, but you really can't be losing to basement dwelling teams. The Jays struggle against the bottom feeders, which could cost them the division if they don't win it.

On the negative side, the only pitchers in the bullpen that I have any confidence in these days are Grilli, Osuna and Biagini. Seeing trash like Cecil and Loup out there makes me sick.

59 minutes ago, van_ws said:

Hopefully this can be a confidence-booster. A great comeback win, but you really can't be losing to basement dwelling teams. The Jays struggle against the bottom feeders, which could cost them the division if they don't win it.

On the negative side, the only pitchers in the bullpen that I have any confidence in these days are Grilli, Osuna and Biagini. Seeing trash like Cecil and Loup out there makes me sick.

move Liriano to the pen ...he would be damn good in a limited role..he has nasty left handed stuff.

3 hours ago, van_ws said:

I've really liked Benoit so far as well.

• Upvote 1

Love how jacked up Grilli gets.  Rubs off.  Teams need guys like him.  (The Canucks coulda' used a few more the past half decade).

That was a sweet comeback.  Nice to see Upton's game really come around - he struggled early, just hadn't dialed in yet - but he's looking like a guy that could help push this team.

• Upvote 4

28 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Love how jacked up Grilli gets.  Rubs off.  Teams need guys like him.  (The Canucks coulda' used a few more the past half decade).

That was a sweet comeback.  Nice to see Upton's game really come around - he struggled early, just hadn't dialed in yet - but he's looking like a guy that could help push this team.

Word

16 hours ago, Moonshinefe said:

Meh there's dozens of people around it's an easy miscommunication to happen.

How about Russell Martin? MVP the last month or two.

11 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

:lol: The best thing about that is JB shrugging it off and high fiving himself...

I wouldn't be surprised if Smoak (I think that's who it was) was just messing with Biagini. It's pretty common knowledge now that he's a "different" sort of dude. Seems like the kind of thing a ball player might do.

Yeah, I think it's all fun and games, with Biagini and they just like to mess with him. I think Jesse Chavez did the same thing when they were playing in Oakland and he kind of shrugged it off. 

14 hours ago, ShakyWalton said:

I cant get that to stream..what was that about?

Smoak was walking by in the dugout, fist pumping literally everybody on his way.....Biagini extended his fist and Smoak totally ignored him. So, JB non-chalantly gave himself a fist bump. :D

Edited by shiznak
  • Upvote 1

Have the Jays swept a team this year..something tells me very few times if at all.

eta...just checked..2 on the road and 2 at home...4 times so far this year,,almost the same as the Os and Red Sox..so it isnt that bad.

Edited by ShakyWalton