The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

Smoaks continues where he left off last year lol which is trying to swing at every pitch and missing... he seriously needs to work on his discipline or else he's not worth having on the roster. It's nice having him around when he hits the odd homer you needed but if he has a bunch of strikeouts, then basically offsets what he's produced. Hope he can turn it around. 

4 minutes ago, Beary Sweet said:

Smoaks continues where he left off last year lol which is trying to swing at every pitch and missing... he seriously needs to work on his discipline or else he's not worth having on the roster. It's nice having him around when he hits the odd homer you needed but if he has a bunch of strikeouts, then basically offsets what he's produced. Hope he can turn it around. 

Maybe he needs eye glasses?  He's really not seeing the ball at all.

• Upvote 1

Was cheering for PR, but it was nice to see Stro get the MVP.

I was torn during the game. I wanted him to keep the no hitter going, but this early in the season, you don't want your guys throwing that many pitches. I knew Leland was going to give him the hook as soon as he gave up a hit. Jimmy actually looked a bit relieved, when it happened.

A masterful performance by Stro. A no hitter through 6 and a championship was on the line. He's so clutch. We've seen him do it for the Jays and he's shown he can do it for his country. Hopefully he can continue this success in the regular season and of course the playoffs

I really hope Stroman can become our ace.

As much as I love Sanchez he isn't our future. I saw the quote from him saying "the is my home for another 4 years" and that put the nail in the coffin for me for him returning past arbitration years.

Edited by Xbox

Estrada will be our Opening Day starter and I personally have no problems with that considering the great stuff he has. Travis and Joey Bats have hit RBI doubles and Jays are edging the Red Sox 3-2 in the 9th which I believe has to be one of their final spring training games

• Upvote 1

On 2017-03-23 at 10:11 AM, Xbox said:

I really hope Stroman can become our ace.

As much as I love Sanchez he isn't our future. I saw the quote from him saying "the is my home for another 4 years" and that put the nail in the coffin for me for him returning past arbitration years.

jays really screwed up with sanchez

• Upvote 1

I'm okay with Estrada starting, but I feel management is trying to not start tension/problems, but are, the more they're trying not too. Everyone knows Sanchez is the true ace, but not letting him be the starter does send a message, especially after they had Stroman labeled as the ace and starter last year... But because they know there is some bad blood between the two they're trying to avoid any controversy and pick someone else as the starter, when in reality they should of just gave it to Sanchez after they gave it to Stroman last year. 

Then I read this on Sportsnet today and don't understand why come out and say this now.... 

Blue Jays’ Shapiro on Aaron Sanchez: ‘The more we pay you the better’

The Toronto Blue Jays are paying Aaron Sanchez the MLB minimum salary in 2017, but they hope to pay him ‘a lot of money’ in the future.

“Ross and I have told Aaron, ‘Listen, we want to pay you a lot of money. We want to pay you more money. The more we pay you the better, because that means you’ve performed better,’” Shapiro said Friday during a guest spot on The Jeff Blair Show on Sportsnet 590 The FAN. “We want our guys to all do extremely well for us to have to pay them a ton of money. Because if we have to pay them a ton of money, that means they’re performing on the field, which means we have a better chance to be a championship team.”

http://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/mlb/blue-jays-shapiro-aaron-sanchez-pay-better/

How do you say this just after you didn't want to pay him what his agent and him wanted you guys to pay him, and came back with the league minimum? This just adds to my list of things with this new management I'm not enjoying and it's making me doubt them more and more. 

It all started with Price and not even bothering to make an offer, then signing Smoak when they did should of been done in the off season not in the middle of the season, but most importantly not signed at all. Then resigning Thole so he could be post season eligible, when Dickey isn't even a starter in the post season and shut down why resign Thole...

Signing Gibbons to an extension now instead of waiting until after this season, I'm sorry but he failed as a Manager in his first stint as a Manager with the Jays was not happy AA brought him back originally. Now he has a stacked team and should be able to get wins, but his lack of being able to coach small ball and just rely on power and home runs is getting old. I know he has tried to add small ball into his game, but when he tries it, it's not the right time or doesn't have the right players to be doing it, he just doesn't know how to coach this. Plus he seems to have a hard time also evaluating pitcher situations and keeping guys in to long or not long enough, again when your pitcher the inning before is starting to get lit up guys are hitting his balls hard and deep means the other team is starting to catch up to his stuff, but Gibbons will still put him out their next inning and what happens runs are scored and then he makes the move to change pitchers, when it should of happened at the start of the inning. If this team does make it past the ALCS this year, then maybe I would consider possibly an extension, but until that happens I really don't believe he deserved an extension yet.

• Upvote 1