The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

14 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

It's actually ridiculous, yes he's struggling this year but he finally had back to back games with a hit and then you sit him? Travis was probably starting to feel comfortable and build confidence he's seeing the ball good again, then you sit him... Now what does he think, I guess if I get hits I still get benched what's the guy supposed to do? Plus Gibbons had the balls to call Travis out to swing more, when he was the stupid moron putting him in the lead off position, this team will never win anything with Gibbons as a manager, yes they may do well but he will always be out managed/coached.

21 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

I totally understand what you guys are thinking and agree I wouldn't give them anymore money but tbh if I could I would go to that game just to get the Jersey, and that would be the last time going until like you said they're over .500, but at the same time if they raise ticket prices to cover the cost of the Jerseys, I wouldn't go then.

I just thought Travis was still hurt. Dude is getting better and they bench him for a AAA player who's fielding ability is absolutely dreadful. And for the game tomorrow I believe that's what they're doing which made me decide not to go. I really hope we have a better May. This is turning into a 2014 nightmare season again. 

4 minutes ago, Beary Sweet said:

We have a chance of getting back on the right track with a win this afternoon. I'd feel much better with our chances of making the playoffs after this win. Can't blame Gibby either for injuries to our 2 best players in Tulo and JD. Then you factor in the pitchers with Happ and Sanchez though I believe they've been cleared to play. 

Sanchez is cleared. Happ is still only 'on track'. I can live with Latos, but not Latos and Lawrence

• Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, Xbox said:

I just thought Travis was still hurt. Dude is getting better and they bench him for a AAA player who's fielding ability is absolutely dreadful. And for the game tomorrow I believe that's what they're doing which made me decide not to go. I really hope we have a better May. This is turning into a 2014 nightmare season again. 

Well now that we won today chances are slim Travis will be in tomorrow, Gibbons will probably stick with the same lineup and hope to get another win, but definitely isn't going to help Travis get back on track.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

Love the positive spin from Buck. Loup walks a man to put a runner in scoring position, and then Buck proceeds to comment on how Loup got the Jays out of trouble with the double play. Pretty sure Loup was the one that got them into trouble.

Lol, he's just awful.  Bad news about Sanchez. I offered to pick him up from Ramj a day or two ago but to no avail... now I'm glad he didn't accept. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

Bautista over-reacted to Archer throwing behind him and now Gibbons is calling for Archer to be suspended. 

There is no team in baseball that likes making mountains out of molehills more than the Jays.

No question Archer had intent there, but I really doubt there'll be a suspension. Bautista didn't even over-react lol he just gave Archer a death stare like he does to every pitcher who throws behind him. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Down by the River said:

Bautista over-reacted to Archer throwing behind him and now Gibbons is calling for Archer to be suspended. 

There is no team in baseball that likes making mountains out of molehills more than the Jays.

Just saw the play on "Blue Jays in 30" and I have to disagree.

All Bats did was stare at Archer after what was obviously a message sent by the Rays. I don't know what it was in response to, but there's no chance that it wasn't intentional.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Down by the River said:

I don't think he over reacted, but he was obviously not happy about it hence the stare down and I don't blame him. I swear there was some history with them last year, can't put my mind on it but I thought Archer was involved with something with them last year, as to why I thought it was revenge for something in the past...

Gibbons actually made a decent point to why he could be suspended, since the ump realized something was going on and issued a warning right away, but I don't think he will be suspended, but there's a possibility due to the umps reaction only.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

I don't think he over reacted, but he was obviously not happy about it hence the stare down and I don't blame him. I swear there was some history with them last year, can't put my mind on it but I thought Archer was involved with something with them last year, as to why I thought it was revenge for something in the past...

Gibbons actually made a decent point to why he could be suspended, since the ump realized something was going on and issued a warning right away, but I don't think he will be suspended, but there's a possibility due to the umps reaction only.

I might be wrong about my original point. I didn't think Archer was "that kind of guy", but I think there was something going on with Archer and the Jays two years ago... Bats was thrown at by somebody else and Archer and Beuhrle got into it.

• Upvote 2

Need to keep the win streak alive....

Severino throws his fast ball 57% of the time and slider about 28% his change is the worrisome pitch at 15% but basically unhittable. Hopefully he can't get Bats into a changeup situation and I bet JB will get going if he's fed a healthy dose of fastballs. If JD and Tulo were in the lineup this pitching matchup would heavily favour us. Being right handed though some of our boys will have to watch out for the slider, hopefully Smoak, Carerra and Morales can lock it in though.