The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL Draft Lottery, Tues. April 15

Will be interesting to see nonetheless. Here's to hoping we get bumped up a few spots. A top 5 pick would be more than anyone here could ask for.

How would we move up a few spots? I'm not asking this to be rude, I'm genuinely curious how it would be possible. Isn't the lottery just a single draw ordeal that (this year at least) decides who will receive the first overall pick? It's not mathematically possible for us to move up by losing. Explain, please?

How would we move up a few spots? I'm not asking this to be rude, I'm genuinely curious how it would be possible. Isn't the lottery just a single draw ordeal that (this year at least) decides who will receive the first overall pick? It's not mathematically possible for us to move up by losing. Explain, please?

you are correct. the draw is only for the first overall. we can only move to first. we could end up moving down a spot if someone lower in the draft rankings wins though

So from my looking at the standings, before the lottery:

- We can be no better than 6th position
- No worse than 10th position
- 2.1% - 6.2%
- After draft we could get 1st overall, and no worse than 11th overall.

Personally I feel we will remain in 7th position going into the lottery.

Here are the % of winning with current standings.

14jnmfo.jpg

So destines in our own hands. Just lose our final games, and we are gauranteed to be below the Hurricanes correct?

Please lose stupid Canucks. please for crying out loud, if it means going up 1, then just lose. If Dal Cole is available at number 6, and we will be looking back 2 months ago, "why did my team decide to try so hard against the coilers and Lames? yea, then we screwed big time.

NHL Draft Lottery will be held this Tues. April 15

It will be live on TSN

We currently hold the #6 overall pick,

Gives us a 6.2% chance at the lottery pick.

6.2% chance is not bad. Hoping the Canucks with some miracle do get the #1 pick. Imagine if that would happen and we draft Ekblad :bigblush:

Archived