The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks 2nd rounder 36th overall

Bobby_Lu1ngo

Yeah Mayo was very impressive in the Mem Cup.

If we could get him with our 3rd (or 4th) pick that would be good.

As for our 2nd, I would love someone like Vrana or Goldobin (though I doubt they are available) otherwise I'd like one of Schmaltz, Kamenev, Pollock or Point.

Someone along those lines, who has a top 6 upside, or a defender with a top 4 upside.

Some other defenseman that really intrigue me are Brycen Martin & Blake Siebenaler, I'd love to get them aswell somehow.

I almost see him like a PK Subban, where he can literally take over a game with his offense. Doesn't shy away from the rough stuff either, that Philly-native broad street bullies is in his domain.

Attitude issues due sometimes worry me because of whether they are just too cocky or because of other issues. As you mentioned I did hear from a friend he got suspended for using a slur against someone during a game in the OHL, and knowing that Trevor Linden will have a big part in who we will select this year, DeAngelo's attitude doesn't reflect much of what Trevor likes in a player.

Saying that though, doesn't mean he is a lost cause, but im sure Linden would be very very weary of taking Deangelo, although I think he will be an absolute stud in the game. Attitude can be adjusted, just as he is willing to do so. But from the likes of Craig Button and former canuck Trevor Letowski who has been working with DeAngelo sees a leader, who plays with passion. Im sold on him, and if he can take a 180 on his attitude, he could be an absolute stud

Found a good bit on him

http://www.theobserver.ca/2013/10/11/anthony-deangelo-projected-to-be-first-round-pick

In the later rounds it's probably beneficial to take a risk on players with baggage,

DeAngelo is a guy I would stay far away from. Just too many red flags with him.

He has done much more than use a slur against someone during a game in the OHL. He made "the most inappropriate statement" towards his very own teammate. Said team-mate was so offended, he brought it up to his GM. The GM felt it was serious enough to defer the matter to the League Office. The League suspended him for 8 games and the Team released a statement saying they fully agree with the punishment. He has also been suspended internally by the team before, so don't think this is one-off situation.

That says to me, firstly, that when your own teammates turn on you, there's major problems going on here. There are a lot of cocky players in the CHL, but this is on a different level. And rumour out of Sarnia is that some teammates simply hate the guy. Just watch him stare down his teammates when a goal is scored against them and it doesn't become so hard to believe.

I see hopeful comments in your post, hoping he will learn, mature, if he is willing to do so. But the thing is this guy simply does not learn. People, who have played with and against him when they were younger, have stated he hasn't changed at all. For a more recent example: DeAngelo was suspended for abuse of officials, two games. The first game after the suspension, guess what? He abuses an official and gets a penalty and a game misconduct. In subsequent games, he has also been seen abusing officials.

Some people see this as a guy who plays with passion. I see a nut case with deep-seeded problems.

Interesting, he knows it's affecting his future ability to earn and he still does it?

Or maybe he subscribes to the "Any press is good press" school of thought,

Then again, you wouldn't believe some of the things I did when I was younger, in a professional setting no less,

Yes it does get you press, but it doesn't put dollars in your pocket, took years of damage control for me to recover, and people still bring it up.

Hopefully this kid learns the difference between "Standing out from the pack" and being an "a$$hole that no one wants to deal with" quicker than I did,

Because there is a big difference, P.K Subban is a good example of a guy who knows the difference.

24-brendan-lemieux.jpg

hahahaha that's pretty funny. I'm actually pretty shocked he didn't know how many wins his team had. I feel like if I was going into an interview I would do as much studying as I can. I would at least know the teams record, maybe powerplay and penalty kill percentage as well. Hahahahaha, pretty funny none the less.

Hey guys, I know Joshua Ho-Sang is ranked around the late first, but if he lands on 36 I say we take him.

Joshua Ho-Sang albeit a little undersized at 5'11 and 176 lbs. as per Wikipedia and Eliteprospects, this guy has just unreal hands and can definitely skate.

I hear different people talking about him having attitude problems but I think he's just incredibly competitive and has the swagger that the Canucks need. Although he's gifted offensively, he's not slob in the defensive zones and in the corners. In this highlight package put together by Big White, he does indeed battle for the puck and back checks.

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3VrzVxSBC0

Archived