The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

2 minutes ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

Anyone else super impressed with Roussel?  Brings energy, plays wqith an edge and has pretty good hands and skating for a depth guy.  Im surprised how "clean" he plays the game as well.  I was expecting more antics from him but he has been a solid hard nosed player.  Really good pick up IMO.  Also won a key PK faceoff at the end of the game there!

Wrong thread, but yeah, I've liked Roussel. He's becoming a bit of a "glue guy" for this team who can fit into a lot of spots, play several roles, contribute, and help bring energy and intensity on the ice. I think he's been told by the coaches to try to limit some of the extracurriculars stuff, and for the most part he's been successful in playing a fairly "clean" game, while still being tough to play against.

Back to Tryamkin, @Stierlitz, do you know what the KHL record is for team points/wins in the regular season? Seems like Avto has a chance this year they way they just keep rolling through everyone in the league.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

So the silver lining with this guy is that if he does come back, he will have hopefully continued to develop his game and still be on his entry level deal?

Nope. His ELC was two years due to his age at the time of signing. He left after the deal expired but the team qualified him so he remains their property for a few years. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Back to Tryamkin, @Stierlitz, do you know what the KHL record is for team points/wins in the regular season? Seems like Avto has a chance this year they way they just keep rolling through everyone in the league.

The KHL record for most wins in the regular season belongs to CSKA in 2014-2015 season - 49 wins and 139 points (another KHL record).

Avto won 24 in 25 games so far. To break the record they need to win 26 in the remaining 37 games.

Avto has disadvantage since 28 teams participated in 2014-2015 season and 25 teams in 2018-2019 which means less regular games for each team now.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, AK_19 said:

Certainly he must be getting frustrated that there's too many players on the roster and that he's not even able to play every game. 

Wasn’t that one of his biggest reasons for leaving us: his lack of ice time?  I wonder if he knows just how much we need him?

I think when we look at Tryamkin, we need to put something into context...……...the average wage for a skilled worker in Russia is approx. $1000.00 US dollars per month or $12,000.00 US dollars per year.....what ever Tryamkin is making per year, is light years higher than the average salary, and therefore his Russian life style in Russia is expremely high and would compare to that of what a hockey player in the NHL would make.

Maybe not a star player, but certainly a #4/5/6 defenseman. So when you take into consideration, Family, wife, familiarity of life style, and comparable wages on one side to just what league you play in, Tryamkin may take the easier route.

Could you blame him? Especially if the Canuck management is not guaranteeing anything...…………...

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

I think when we look at Tryamkin, we need to put something into context...……...the average wage for a skilled worker in Russia is approx. $1000.00 US dollars per month or $12,000.00 US dollars per year.....what ever Tryamkin is making per year, is light years higher than the average salary, and therefore his Russian life style in Russia is expremely high and would compare to that of what a hockey player in the NHL would make.

Maybe not a star player, but certainly a #4/5/6 defenseman. So when you take into consideration, Family, wife, familiarity of life style, and comparable wages on one side to just what league you play in, Tryamkin may take the easier route.

Could you blame him? Especially if the Canuck management is not guaranteeing anything...…………...

No doubt that hockey players in Russia are held in high regard. He gets to play in his own country and in a easier league than the NHL. If he views it as a job and in a preferred location then no one should begrudge him of that. 

NHL demands both in conditioning, games and travel can be a grind. Players who come up through NA leagues are conditioned to an extent. My concern with Tryamkin was his assessment of his prospects with the Canucks after one season and his 'chip' on his shoulder about being Russian and having to be better to get the same treatment. Probably much more involved than my simplified view.   

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

No doubt that hockey players in Russia are held in high regard. He gets to play in his own country and in a easier league than the NHL. If he views it as a job and in a preferred location then no one should begrudge him of that. 

NHL demands both in conditioning, games and travel can be a grind. Players who come up through NA leagues are conditioned to an extent. My concern with Tryamkin was his assessment of his prospects with the Canucks after one season and his 'chip' on his shoulder about being Russian and having to be better to get the same treatment. Probably much more involved than my simplified view.   

Morning Boudrias

Yes, I agree with what you are saying, and I have never said that all the responsibility lies all with the Canucks, but even if Tryamkin felt exactly the way you say, I can't help wondering if Willie with his coaching, and Benning with contract negotiations didn't actually make it really easy for Tryamkin to walk away.

I keep imagining, that I am away from all my family and friends, I do not speak the language well, my wife is crying every night, and someone wants me to start fighting (simplified), it is way harder than I have ever had to apply myself, and I have a nice warm and fuzzy life to fall back on in Russia, (if I want), with my wife pushing me in that direction every night I am home, plus the friggin neighbor won't close his windows when he smokes pot, and I honestly can't afford any better place to live. And Benning wants my new contract to be a 2 way.

Or I can just go home and have everything the way I want ......and it is easy. (Most everyone that reads this would pick door 2) Especially me and you! lol

Edited by janisahockeynut
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

I am going to add to that scenario....

That fact is that there are a lot of very talented hockey players out there, that could play NHL, if it was just based on skill and athletics, but the truth is, it is the drive, discipline, and the fire to be the very best you can be, and play in the very best league that drives NHL players.

Now, within that group of NHL players, there are players that have so much of that, there is no question at all of whether they will be NHL players, but on the other end of the spectrum there are players, that find it almost over whelming and are on the other fringe, where they are almost ready to pack it in every day. (But don't)

Hockey players are no different that the average human being some have no quit, others don't have as much...…..

Put in all the incentives to go home for Tryamkin, and maybe we know, which end he is closer to. 

Edited by janisahockeynut

20 hours ago, Stierlitz said:

fight4.jpg

Nikita appears to be a lot leaner...……...and meaner

I don't think anyone watching this and seeing him fight would want to pss him off!

I mean....come on! How would you like to see him and Q.Hughes as your starting pair....or him and Juolevi!

• Upvote 3

Now, ya got me on a Tryamkin Loop! lol

So here is a prediction...………….

Tryamkin in 1 of 7 defensemen named to the Russian National Hockey team for the 2019 IIHF World Championships (May 10 to 26)

If Nikita plays well, I can see that the Canucks will buy out his 2019-2020 contract (5Million transfer buy out) and announce at the draft that he will be at the Canucks training camp in September. The Contract will be front end loaded 6 years @ $5 million per (5 million bonus), with an out clause agreement after 2 years for either party(where Nikita could be loaned back to his Russian club), no time in Utica.

That is the way I would do it!

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

Tryamkin in 1 of 7 defensemen named to the Russian National Hockey team for the 2019 IIHF World Championships (May 10 to 26)

If Nikita plays well, I can see that the Canucks will buy out his 2019-2020 contract (5Million transfer buy out) and announce at the draft that he will be at the Canucks training camp in September. The Contract will be front end loaded 6 years @ $5 million per (5 million bonus), with an out clause agreement after 2 years for either party(where Nikita could be loaned back to his Russian club), no time in Utica.

I don't think there is such a thing as an out clause in the NHL.  Unless it's agreed he can leave and the Canucks still eat the cap hit for the remainder of the contract.

5 hours ago, Wilbur said:

I don't think there is such a thing as an out clause in the NHL.  Unless it's agreed he can leave and the Canucks still eat the cap hit for the remainder of the contract.

That's what I think Wilbur

It probably $5 Million to his club

$5 million up front signing bonus

and $4 Million a year for 5 or 6 years

and whether their is an actual out clause......there will be an out clause, just like every other team that has loaned a player over the years

and that is why the signing bonus will be up front......cause Tryamkin will want the risk and therefore the Canucks commitment for however long

and I can guarantee you he ain't going to Utica except for an injury conditioning stint, and absolutely nothing else

And in my opinion, we will be getting a good deal

And I bet Aqualini will be the trigger man.....aka the "Donald"

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

That's what I think Wilbur

It probably $5 Million to his club

$5 million up front signing bonus

and $4 Million a year for 5 or 6 years

and whether their is an actual out clause......there will be an out clause, just like every other team that has loaned a player over the years

and that is why the signing bonus will be up front......cause Tryamkin will want the risk and therefore the Canucks commitment for however long

and I can guarantee you he ain't going to Utica except for an injury conditioning stint, and absolutely nothing else

And in my opinion, we will be getting a good deal

And I bet Aqualini will be the trigger man.....aka the "Donald"

And set his wife up in a non-smoking condominium.  :gocan:

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

I believe the KHL buyout would be far less than $5M, I would guess less than $1M, but Tram would need to pay it himself, his NHL team cannot.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, WeneedLumme said:

I believe the KHL buyout would be far less than $5M, I would guess less than $1M, but Tram would need to pay it himself, his NHL team cannot.

Yes but we can give him a signing bonus in his new contract that would more than cover the cost.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1