The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

19 hours ago, Sean Monahan said:

Only if she identified as such. 

True. In this new age one can identify as one wishes.

Don't need to put labels on things such as male, or female. That just pigeon holes someone into acting like...a male...or a female.  Crazy talk!!

On 2018-10-31 at 3:41 PM, WeneedLumme said:

I like it a lot. I can't wait to see the video. If he could develop a mean streak....

He won’t. 

He will fight to defend teammates and will pummel guys into the ice if they touch his goalie. He will never be an aggressor.

As experts predict earlier, Tryamkin is selected to play for the Russian team in the coming Karjala Cup which is the first part of the Euro tournament. His fellow defenceman Alexei Vasilevski # 93 is also selected to play for the national team.

Avto head coach Martemianov said that he would take more Avto players to the national team in addition to the selected players. "Guys (selected) have deserved to be in the team for sure. Golyshev. Vasilevski, Tryamkin are doing great and playing good hockey. Let's hope they are going to play well, we will cheer for them."

• Upvote 3

On ‎31‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 2:44 PM, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Haven’t seen video yet but apparently Nik got into a fight today with Jesse Joensuu. From what I can tell off of Twitter, the big guy only managed to get one glove off and then proceeded to wreck his opponent with a rain of gloved punches. Probably sounds more exciting than it really was, but it was definitely a fight as the KHL English website has Nik serving a 5 minute “fisticuffs” penalty.

As usual, the KHL website says that "video is not available in your country". Jesse Joensuu is not a small guy either, he is 31 years old, 6'3.5" and 212

Forgot to mention that Avto beat Jokerit from Helsinki, Finland 3-1. Tryamkin with 5 penalty minutes, +1, 2 shots, 4 hits, 3 blocked shots, 14:48 of ice time. BTW Niklas Jensen plays for Jokerit.

Edited by Stierlitz
  • Upvote 3

Maybe the Canucks just needs to accept that Tryamkin is like a Cadillac Escalade.  Sure it's huge, got lots of power, and can definitely can be used to tow heavy load.... but it shouldn't really be used that way.   That's why you have Rams and Ford trucks to do those things (Gudbranson).  

Forcing Tryamkin to play a more truculent game is akin to asking Edler to drop the glove more or Pettersson to be the net-front presence.  It's simply not their strong suit.  

Nikita seems to be more like a bigger and more skilled version of Marek Malik.... and what's the problem with that?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Fan since 82 said:

None of those comments sound like the coach is unhappy or that Nik is having a hard time. Seems like Dhaliwal started with a comment that would get fans interested.

The coach clearly avoids answering the last question (is Try NHL ready).  I'm sure he would rather keep NT in Russia, so holding back on that ? makes sense.  We all know that 'being a good KHL player' doesn't necessarily translate to the NHL though.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, higgyfan said:

The coach clearly avoids answering the last question (is Try NHL ready).  I'm sure he would rather keep NT in Russia, so holding back on that ? makes sense.  We all know that 'being a good KHL player' doesn't necessarily translate to the NHL though.

That was like EP40's coach last year who kept saying that another year in Sweden probably would be good for Elias.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Fan since 82 said:

That was like EP40's coach last year who kept saying that another year in Sweden probably would be good for Elias.

Pretty much. And considering that Tram was already NHL ready (some might argue as to whether he was 2nd pairing quality or bottom pairing quality) when he was playing for us, I don't think there is really much doubt that he is NHL ready now. I would be delighted to see him in a Canuck uniform right now, displacing Pouliot or Delzotto or Biega.

• Upvote 2

Avto won another game, 4-1 against the Sochi club. Tryamkin did not play. From the interview of the Avto head coach Martemianov: "Tryamkin did not play, he has minor injury and we decided to give him some rest especially since he got call up to the national team. Tryamkin needs some medical attention to be ready to play for the Russian team in good condition. Possibly he is going to play (for Avto) in next game".