The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

4 hours ago, Boudrias said:

I certainly agree that his rookie season had a lot of exciting moments. I simply do not like his spending 3 years in the KHL. We can only hope he comes back to Van a little more mature and committed to the NHL. 

I look at the time away as a time of growth for him,.  Regardless,. Time usually does that.

Nik did bring attention to himself and his physical play here..  as a 21 yr old,. Maybe it was best to develop his game where he would get 20 mins a game? No harm in that.

..and perhaps not having to answer to the likes of bigger stronger MEN as a 21 yr old,. And let his body mature physically for a couple years elsewhere will prove to be a blessing for us.

He wasn’t going to get 20+ mins a game here... as much as I wanted to see him stay,. I’m will be happier to see him return, fully developed and getting 16-20 mins a game every night playing the exciting game he does.

Patience is a virtue here..

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, HockeyHarry said:

I think his new wife had something to do with going back to Russia. So I hope his wife has grown up and matured.

I wouldn't accuse the wife needing to be "grown up and matured".  We have no idea what is the deal with them as a couple.  She could be well established in her own career and thus it should be given equal weight.  Just because Nikita is a pro hockey player has no relevance as he can still continue his career at home, whereas she may need to step back for 5 years to acclimatize language and credentials, plus maybe them starting a family at that time... thus them moving to North America could pretty much mean the end of her working days for like 10 years.  

While we all like to sprout off about how North America is way better than Russia in terms of quality of life.... it may not be so in their case.  The old Soviet days of scraping by are long gone... and since they are pretty wealthy in their home country, chance are it's already equal to whatever Vancouver could offer anyways.  

It's would be great if Tryamkin returns to the Canucks, but family always comes first.  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Lancaster said:

I wouldn't accuse the wife needing to be "grown up and matured".  We have no idea what is the deal with them as a couple.  She could be well established in her own career and thus it should be given equal weight.  Just because Nikita is a pro hockey player has no relevance as he can still continue his career at home, whereas she may need to step back for 5 years to acclimatize language and credentials, plus maybe them starting a family at that time... thus them moving to North America could pretty much mean the end of her working days for like 10 years.  

While we all like to sprout off about how North America is way better than Russia in terms of quality of life.... it may not be so in their case.  The old Soviet days of scraping by are long gone... and since they are pretty wealthy in their home country, chance are it's already equal to whatever Vancouver could offer anyways.  

It's would be great if Tryamkin returns to the Canucks, but family always comes first.  

So your agreeing his wife needs to mature. 

Just now, HockeyHarry said:

So your agreeing his wife needs to mature. 

Nope.  They have to do what's best for both of them.

Perhaps it's Nikita just "grown up and matured" while in Vancouver and realizing that it's best for both of them to be home.  Their family dynamic doesn't and shouldn't revolve around Nikita and his hockey player career.  

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Lancaster said:

Nope.  They have to do what's best for both of them.

Perhaps it's Nikita just "grown up and matured" while in Vancouver and realizing that it's best for both of them to be home.  Their family dynamic doesn't and shouldn't revolve around Nikita and his hockey player career.  

So your basically saying he should leave her.

and go to the NHL cuz if she so into her own needs he should.

back to she needs to mature or grow up

Edited by HockeyHarry
  • Haha 1

Look it very obviouse what’s going on.

he expressed a huge desire to play in NHL.

then quickly changed after getting married.

so yes it is his wife’s selfish immaturity that’s the problem. 

Or she be more then willing to him playing in nhl.

chris pronger left oilers cuz she didn’t like Edmonton. It a selfish princess  thinking of themselves.

as an observer it’s pretty obvious what’s going on.

its a case of “it’s the immaturity of the wife.”  No $&!# Sherlock.

Edited by HockeyHarry

19 minutes ago, HockeyHarry said:

chris pronger left oilers cuz she didn’t like Edmonton. It a selfish princess  thinking of themselves.

There's a pretty big difference about a wife not wanting to stay in Edmonton because its cold/boring and a wife not wanting to be in Vancouver because she doesn't know the language/culture.

On a side note, how come no one ever ragged about Luongo's wife who I believe was unwilling to move here?

33 minutes ago, AK_19 said:

There's a pretty big difference about a wife not wanting to stay in Edmonton because its cold/boring and a wife not wanting to be in Vancouver because she doesn't know the language/culture.

On a side note, how come no one ever ragged about Luongo's wife who I believe was unwilling to move here?

So where’s Loungo?

again immaturity of the wife.... or was it she’s a Florida billionaires daughter who doesn’t give a rats ass because she’s a selfish princess.

Edited by HockeyHarry

14 hours ago, HockeyHarry said:

Yeah, pretty selfish and immature for anyone to care about their quality of life. Especially when there are some ignorant unwashed masses who feel entitled to be entertained.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, AK_19 said:

Last I checked Luongo was committed to playing here. He was ran outta town by fans/media. Different scenario bud.

38 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Last I checked Luongo was committed to playing here. He was ran outta town by fans/media. Different scenario bud.

Actually, I don't think it was the fans or the media who ran Lu out of town. I believe he only demanded a trade when Torts disrespected him by benching him for the Winter Classic.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, WeneedLumme said:

Actually, I don't think it was the fans or the media who ran Lu out of town. I believe he only demanded a trade when Torts disrespected him by benching him for the Winter Classic.

Exactly.  Luongo is clearly a HHOF goalie, and one of the best (non Cup winners) of all time.  And he has to sit and watch Eddie the Eagle Lack play ahead of him!  Torts was the reason for Loui leaving.  

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Exactly.  Luongo is clearly a HHOF goalie, and one of the best (non Cup winners) of all time.  And he has to sit and watch Eddie the Eagle Lack play ahead of him!  Torts was the reason for Loui leaving.  

Ultimately, it was Aqualini's

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

9 minutes ago, WeneedLumme said:

Yeah, the final straw was benching Luongo in favour of Lack for the 2014 Heritage Classic.

Here’s what Lu had to say about it:

"There's no hiding it. I did want to play that game," Luongo, in recalling that day, told reporters. "I mean that goes without saying, and if I would have played I probably would maybe still be here. Who knows?"

The Canucks, for their part, claimed that they didn’t start Luongo because they were already in trade negotiations with Florida and didn’t want to risk an injury.

But Luongo has been pretty consistent in saying the he’d actually committed to the idea of staying in Vancouver. And that the snub at the Heritage Classic is what pushed him over the edge. He’d wanted to play in an outdoor game for years, had special gear made for the game, and fully expected to play. And then they sat him and played Lack. After that, there was no way he was staying in Vancouver.

Even 3 years later, Luongo was still sore about it:

And when he was traded, Lu still had a full NTC, so the Canucks needed his approval to make the trade. At the time the Canucks were supposedly negotiating the deal, Luongo was saying he was ready to stay in Vancouver, and he was looking forward to playing for the Canucks in the Heritage Classic.

Then, he gets snubbed for the outdoor game he’d wanted to play his whole life, and he’s traded two days later.

And he’s still upset about how it all went down.

• Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, WeneedLumme said:

Lack only started getting more games cause fans here loved the backups. I have no doubt in my mind fans wanted Lu gone especially after Schneider was traded in place of him. We had a huge love for backup goalies for a while there. Now all we have are backups.

• Upvote 1