The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

3 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Did Edler or Tanev play any games last season in the NHL.?

Edler and Tanev will be gone soon..  nothing to worry about.

We obviously see the game and watch players differently Rob..  I would rather have the potential of rising prospect in Tryamkin, than the decrepit decline of 2 players that offer half seasons of employment.. 2 grenades with their pins pulled.. 

I have no idea what you are talking about bringing in the other players.   I am too keen on seeing the Canuck organization improve.    I have no idea why you think otherwise.   Bringing in younger prospects, like they did with Tryamkin four years ago, is a good concept for sure.   IF those prospects work out, great, if they don't and bolt and then don't improve, they consider bringing them back but temper the expectation accordingly.    Isn't that possible without invoking narrative on unrelated players?    

Guess not.

23 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

I have no idea what you are talking about bringing in the other players.   I am too keen on seeing the Canuck organization improve.    I have no idea why you think otherwise.   Bringing in younger prospects, like they did with Tryamkin four years ago, is a good concept for sure.   IF those prospects work out, great, if they don't and bolt and then don't improve, they consider bringing them back but temper the expectation accordingly.    Isn't that possible without invoking narrative on unrelated players?    

Guess not.

You called Tryamkin a turn over machine playing in the KHL..  which is false,

I compared Edlers and Tanev as the same in the NHL. which is true.

New players come in,  old players leave..  is that not how it works?

Is attrition a concept?  Is past prime a concept? Is injury prone a concept?

Tanev and Edler should have been moved 2-3 years ago..   most posters unlike myself balked at trading Tanev for E Kane from Buffalo..  Tanev was going brittle then,.  Kane needed to come home.

Edler has held back physically since a lower back / thigh injury moons ago..  ..  and his late “sort of decent” season play as a pending UFA was by design to stay and Re-sign at home for another 3 or more years and play mediocre.

I  won’t temper my my hopes for Tryamkin, I see him as a solid 2nd pairing D, easy support cast to any #1D man.

You think that’s an expectation?

You are well noted to see him as an underachiever who will struggle but hope he gets better..   you must have played or play goal Rob,.  am I right?      Goalies..  it’s a different game..  you don’t get out of “The Crease” much

Edited by SilentSam
  • Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

You called Tryamkin a turn over machine playing in the KHL..  which is false,

I compared Edlers and Tanev as the same in the NHL. which is true.

New players come in,  old players leave..  is that not how it works?

Is attrition a concept?  Is past prime a concept? Is injury prone a concept?

Tanev and Edler should have been moved 2-3 years ago..   most posters unlike myself balked at trading Tanev for E Kane from Buffalo..  Tanev was going brittle then,.  Kane needed to come home.

Edler has held back physically since a lower back / thigh injury moons ago..  ..  and his late “sort of decent” season play as a pending UFA was by design to stay and Re-sign at home for another 3 or more years and play mediocre.

I  won’t temper my my hopes for Tryamkin, I see him as a solid 2nd pairing D, easy support cast to any #1D man.

You think that’s an expectation?

You are well noted to see him as an underachiever who will struggle but hope he gets better..   you must have played or play goal Rob,.  am I right?      Goalies..  it’s a different game..  you don’t get out of “The Crease” much

The stats and the visuals confirm the turnovers.   No other Dman on this team had 65% of the turnovers he had in the regular season and no one more than 50% he had in playoffs.  Those are the stats.  Eye test was even worse as so many of those were unforced.    That is simply factual.   You calling it otherwise does not change the facts.

Moving players three years ago has nothing to do with this guy not progressing and it being far from a lock he will be impactful in the NHL.   I get the sense you are either his agent or somehow have something vested in this as you won't let this go - the fact that he took the key chunk of this development and has frittered it away in the KHL and has not improved.   That is why the "temper your expectations".   If he had gone to KHL and dominated and, more importantly, improved that would have helped but he took a bit step backward this past season.   That is a fact.   He isn't even ranked in the top 150 players in the KHL any longer.....think he has fallen to about 170 (KHL use "Priceless" as their ranking sponsor).....   https://en.khl.ru/players/17594/ 

You said you watched him in playoffs.   Games against Traktor, particularly their third game, how on earth can you see him in that game and think he can jump back into the NHL in the top four???   He fought the puck so hard that night and, to make matters worse, seemed colourblind for almost all of his passes.    

You don't seem to get at all I am pulling for this kid and, in fact, all prospects the team has but I cannot make up stats, cannot deny what one sees and cannot sugarcoat when a guy regresses.   At the very least you cannot deny that his last season was far less impressive than his first in the KHL upon bolting from the NHL...can you?   

• Upvote 3

47 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

The stats and the visuals confirm the turnovers.   No other Dman on this team had 65% of the turnovers he had in the regular season and no one more than 50% he had in playoffs.  Those are the stats.  Eye test was even worse as so many of those were unforced.    That is simply factual.   You calling it otherwise does not change the facts.

Moving players three years ago has nothing to do with this guy not progressing and it being far from a lock he will be impactful in the NHL.   I get the sense you are either his agent or somehow have something vested in this as you won't let this go - the fact that he took the key chunk of this development and has frittered it away in the KHL and has not improved.   That is why the "temper your expectations".   If he had gone to KHL and dominated and, more importantly, improved that would have helped but he took a bit step backward this past season.   That is a fact.   He isn't even ranked in the top 150 players in the KHL any longer.....think he has fallen to about 170 (KHL use "Priceless" as their ranking sponsor).....   https://en.khl.ru/players/17594/ 

You said you watched him in playoffs.   Games against Traktor, particularly their third game, how on earth can you see him in that game and think he can jump back into the NHL in the top four???   He fought the puck so hard that night and, to make matters worse, seemed colourblind for almost all of his passes.    

You don't seem to get at all I am pulling for this kid and, in fact, all prospects the team has but I cannot make up stats, cannot deny what one sees and cannot sugarcoat when a guy regresses.   At the very least you cannot deny that his last season was far less impressive than his first in the KHL upon bolting from the NHL...can you?   

Not moving players out, or changing their roles has a lot to do with other players not progressing.

Take the lame pp we had with the Sedins that Desjardins deployed.

If you watched the KHL Avtomobilist games a little closer, you would see that most of the forwards disappeared..  then of course the likely occurrence a full force attack on their D..  I’m not into stats , analytics, to much .. as I watch game flow.

Avto had no offence.   If you want to pin forced errors on Tryamkin,  and most were, given second or third hand errors, go ahead..  but the picture is bigger than that..

Tryamkins game suits the NHL with better quality team mates,  not rotating in every second or third game in the KHL.. 

I do get that your cheering for this kid..  but I think perhaps your oversight is outweighing your pessimism with this kid.. no matter how much you feel your cheering for him.  

It’s like if you were his Coach, you would pre-dig a hole for him to climb out of just to prove that he came from some where..  

where others would give him the level, common ground, and tools of opportunity to dig that hole himself,.  Or build a mountain to climb upon to sit.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Not moving players out, or changing their roles has a lot to do with other players not progressing.

Take the lame pp we had with the Sedins that Desjardins deployed.

If you watched the KHL Avtomobilist games a little closer, you would see that most of the forwards disappeared..  then of course the likely occurrence a full force attack on their D..  I’m not into stats , analytics, to much .. as I watch game flow.

Avto had no offence.   If you want to pin forced errors on Tryamkin,  and most were, given second or third hand errors, go ahead..  but the picture is bigger than that..

Tryamkins game suits the NHL with better quality team mates,  not rotating in every second or third game in the KHL.. 

I do get that your cheering for this kid..  but I think perhaps your oversight is outweighing your pessimism with this kid.. no matter how much you feel your cheering for him.  

It’s like if you were his Coach, you would pre-dig a hole for him to climb out of just to prove that he came from some where..  

where others would give him the level, common ground, and tools of opportunity to dig that hole himself,.  Or build a mountain to climb upon to sit.

encouraging a player to play to his strengths is the best way to develop an all round player..."the tear me down, then build him up approach", is a flawed way to develop a player...having said this, Tryamkin has a lot of good quality strengths to build on...he will be a stud for us if developed properly.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Pete M said:

encouraging a player to play to his strengths is the best way to develop an all round player..."the tear me down, then build him up approach", is a flawed way to develop a player...having said this, Tryamkin has a lot of good quality strengths to build on...he will be a stud for us if developed properly.

I’m enjoying Greens approach to this time in our Teams development.

The way he handled Bo last year will pay off dividends when he unleashes him offensively.

last season to me, it seemed like Green was putting Bo against some of the best veterans in the league, not only to learn his 200’ checking strength, but to learn tendencies of the best.

If he lets him fly, and looks to offset line change ups,to whomever is supposed to be paired against Bo this season,.

Horvat will be in Beast mode.

I truly hope Tryamkin come back and is handled by Green.. it will be exciting, the young man showed some special work in his rookie season of 60 games.

5 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I’m enjoying Greens approach to this time in our Teams development.

The way he handled Bo last year will pay off dividends when he unleashes him offensively.

last season to me, it seemed like Green was putting Bo against some of the best veterans in the league, not only to learn his 200’ checking strength, but to learn tendencies of the best.

If he lets him fly, and looks to offset line change ups,to whomever is supposed to be paired against Bo this season,.

Horvat will be in Beast mode.

I truly hope Tryamkin come back and is handled by Green.. it will be exciting, the young man showed some special work in his rookie season of 60 games.

Yeah, I remember at the start of last year Bo came in thinking he was an offensive minded forward...forgetting that offense starts with good defense, he played on the wrong side of the puck/ man when we did not have the puck...I think he was -13 plus/minus at the start of the year....he needs to think defense first then offense, just like how EP40 thinks the game...

It will be exciting to have Tryamkin back....

Edited by Pete M
  • Like 1

On 6/15/2019 at 12:21 PM, Rob_Zepp said:

No, he was not their best defensive dman - not statistically and not to the eye.    He was not great a clearing the zone whatsoever, just look at both is zone exit and turnover stats.   Their best defensive dman was by far Vasilevsky.    Vishnevsky was far and away their best offensive Dman but Vasilvsky their best overall Dman both regular season and playoffs....in terms of block shots, zone exists etc. and was up their with Tryamkin for hits/game and total hits.  

Statistically, both end of the rink, the big guy had a lesser season this past year than the year before.

When it came to Salavat Yuraev it was only the bigger defenseman that had any presence against the bigger forwards who won it for them ie Hartikaanen, Hempanin and  Linus Omark. All 3 big forwards  wore down Atvo with size and a strong system. It was Tryamkin and Vasilevski (sp?) were the only D men that could slow them down. 

I don't think it is "by far", Tryamkin was the only one with jump in their last 2 games when they were being eliminated. 

• Like 1

i wouldn't mind inviting Vasilevski for a tryout btw. There are a couple of big D they have that I think would be worth a look. Which is also why I think Avto will be fine without Tryamkin as they rebuild. We need a scout over there for some of these big D men in the KHL. Their big D men might transfer well into our smaller ice.

• Like 1

On 6/15/2019 at 12:21 PM, Rob_Zepp said:

No, he was not their best defensive dman - not statistically and not to the eye.    He was not great a clearing the zone whatsoever, just look at both is zone exit and turnover stats.   Their best defensive dman was by far Vasilevsky.    Vishnevsky was far and away their best offensive Dman but Vasilvsky their best overall Dman both regular season and playoffs....in terms of block shots, zone exists etc. and was up their with Tryamkin for hits/game and total hits.  

Statistically, both end of the rink, the big guy had a lesser season this past year than the year before.

Both Vasilevsky and Tryamkin were deployed differently this year than last as ownership/management tried to share the ice equally among eight defencemen for most of the year. Tryamkin improved dramatically the previous year and got better and better the more minutes he played. For most of this year he played substantially fewer minutes and had a different role - his stats reflected that. Tryamkin, who had been used frequently in offensive situations the previous year, was hardly played that way at all this year. His production declined dramatically, but  Vasilevsky also had his production nearly halved.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 6/15/2019 at 5:55 PM, Rob_Zepp said:

They swept Traktor 4-0 Tryamkin shut them down at every turn. Won all his 50/50 battles

26 February Avtomobilist Yekaterinburg   3–0   Traktor Chelyabinsk KRK Uralets Recap  
28 February Avtomobilist Yekaterinburg   4–2   Traktor Chelyabinsk KRK Uralets Recap show 
2 March Traktor Chelyabinsk   1–2 OT Avtomobilist Yekaterinburg Traktor Ice Arena Recap show 
4 March Traktor Chelyabinsk   3–4   Avtomobilist Yekaterinburg Traktor Ice Arena Recap show 
Avtomobilist Yekaterinburg win 4–0
Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

They swept Traktor 4-0 Tryamkin shut them don at every turn. Won all his 50/50 battles

26 February Avtomobilist Yekaterinburg   3–0   Traktor Chelyabinsk KRK Uralets Recap  
28 February Avtomobilist Yekaterinburg   4–2   Traktor Chelyabinsk KRK Uralets Recap show 
2 March Traktor Chelyabinsk   1–2 OT Avtomobilist Yekaterinburg Traktor Ice Arena Recap show 
4 March Traktor Chelyabinsk   3–4   Avtomobilist Yekaterinburg Traktor Ice Arena Recap show 

And those games are on the big ice.  Nikita’s game is better suited for our NHL rinks, where his reach and size are of more advantage.

The guy is a monster, who can skate so darned good he is effective on that huge ice.   He’s back here this summer.  Love the guy. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

They swept Traktor 4-0 Tryamkin shut them down at every turn. Won all his 50/50 battles

He was a pylon for the third game - did you watch it?

I am not sure what you want me to do - stop watching him or just simply agree with you he is a budding NHL superstar when he arrives?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

And those games are on the big ice.  Nikita’s game is better suited for our NHL rinks, where his reach and size are of more advantage.

The guy is a monster, who can skate so darned good he is effective on that huge ice.   He’s back here this summer.  Love the guy. 

His poke checks are so under rated.I think it frustrates the fancy stick handlers when they can't get over the blue line without his harassment.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Hairy Kneel said:

His poke checks are so under rated.I think it frustrates the fancy stick handlers when they can't get over the blue line without his harassment.

And if those fancy stick handlers look down at the puck he destroys them.  He’s still really young too.  I’d love to sign him to a seven year deal, and get him on the ice this season.  

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

He was a pylon for the third game - did you watch it?

I am not sure what you want me to do - stop watching him or just simply agree with you he is a budding NHL superstar when he arrives?

I watched it. I think it was the turning point of the series. He was the high minute Dman over 22 minutes for Atvo. A heart breaker for Traktor.  Not a pylon. Not really sure why you dog pile on this page if you obviously dislike the 3rd rounder we're hoping pans out. A free asset. We get it you hate the guy.

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

On 3/2/2019 at 6:40 AM, Hairy Kneel said:

Avtomobilist goes up 3 - 0 in the series with a 2-1 OT winner.

Tryamkin with a good game, his intensity ramping up in the playoffs.

couple of nice hits and 3 good takeaways. 

Kind of a soft goal for the winner early in OT through the 5 hole.

This was my take on that game in the playoffs btw.

59 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I watched it. I think it was the turning point of the series. He was the high minute Dman over 22 minutes for Atvo. A heart breaker for Traktor.  Not a pylon. Not really sure why you dog pile on this page if you obviously dislike the 3rd rounder we're hoping pans out. A free asset. We get it you hate the guy.

I don't hate him at all.   I remain a big fan of his and hope he makes it.   Check the history of my posts about the guy (from the start).   I have watched him closely since he went from North America and I have watched him decline in my opinion in terms of a guy that needs to work on key areas to translate to effective NHL game.   

How is a third round pick a "free asset"?   You draft someone and have to pay them....how is that free?   Again, I am pulling for him but taking his three key development years in his pre-prime age in a league not known for developing Dmen and then choosing to play a non-North American style has not helped his NHL chances.   How are any of these facts "hate"?

If you watched it.....explain what on earth he was doing during the entire second period.   NOT ONE SINGLE outlet pass connected.   NOT ONE.   He seems to be going through the motions in the KHL.   He plays and gets a cheque.   Not sure how that is helping his development.

Again, do you want people to simply ignore fact and proclaim him a budding superstar?

I cannot recall but were you also part of the group that piled on when I said in the Dahlen thread that I wasn't sure his game would ever translate to the NHL?   

I watch guys play.   I make an opinion on what I see.   Why is my opinion so important to you?

Can someone help me out with the big tree situation? I've been scrolling for a bit through his forum and wondering if it's at all possible for him to come back this upcoming season if he wants to?

Like is there even a chance to have him come back or is it still the earliest of next season?

4 minutes ago, BO_Scorvat said:

Can someone help me out with the big tree situation? I've been scrolling for a bit through his forum and wondering if it's at all possible for him to come back this upcoming season if he wants to?

Like is there even a chance to have him come back or is it still the earliest of next season?

No chance whatsoever.

The earliest is just prior to playoffs after the KHL regular season is over (and assuming his team misses)