The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

2 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Wow! Tryamkin is playing for welfare money there. Good gawd 700,000 Geez he should fire Diamond. That's nothing. Boy has to come back to get paid.

Don't forget the income tax and cost of living differential. His $900k in Russia gives him probably about the same take home pay as about $1.6M USD in BC, and when you factor in the cost of housing in Vancouver, it would probably take something like $2.5M here just to maintain the same lifestyle he already has.

1 hour ago, WeneedLumme said:

Don't forget the income tax and cost of living differential. His $900k in Russia gives him probably about the same take home pay as about $1.6M USD in BC, and when you factor in the cost of housing in Vancouver, it would probably take something like $2.5M here just to maintain the same lifestyle he already has.

Of course it does.

On 6/10/2019 at 10:32 PM, WeneedLumme said:

but he also gets universal healthcare and one of the top 3 education systems on the planet if he and his wife have kids etc etc

3 hours ago, stawns said:

but he also gets universal healthcare and one of the top 3 education systems on the planet if he and his wife have kids etc etc

He still could being a Russian citizen, no?

Stawns , I just think that having an NHL Career that goes 3 years or longer, and the possibility of making 3- 4.5m usd per.

Out weighs a life long career in the KHL making 750k usd.. in a league with a 13.8m usd team cap,  ..he would never, ever make more than 2-3 m usd per year.

Renting a Home is a taxable right off as an athlete here, owning a home where the real estate values trend to rise 20% - 30% a year is an investment.

He can continue to own what ever he has in Russia.

This is all about dreams, aspirations, and desire now.. not his contentment that will come late in a career.

He knows he is wanted here.

That’s all that matters.

Just wish his agent was more motivated to get him back into a Canuck Jersey.

Todd Diamond must be from Toronto.:mad:

Edited by SilentSam

8 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Stawns , I just think that having an NHL Career that goes 3 years or longer, and the possibility of making 3- 4.5m usd per.

Out weighs a life long career in the KHL making 750k usd.. in a league with a 13.8m usd team cap,  ..he would never, ever make more than 2-3 m usd per year.

Renting a Home is a taxable right off as an athlete here, owning a home where the real estate values trend to rise 20% - 30% a year is an investment.

This is all about dreams, aspirations, and desire now.. not his contentment that will come late in a career.

That’s all that matters.

At the end of the day, if he wants to be in the best league in the world (which is why he was at the draft in the first place), he's going to need to adapt on certain things.

If he's coming back here, I would suggest that 5 million per season is probably not that far off what he will sign for. He's big, he's strong, he can skate and has good mobility. If he was a UFA, most teams in this league would throw that number at him, 5 million per season, 5 year, possibly more.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

At the end of the day, if he wants to be in the best league in the world (which is why he was at the draft in the first place), he's going to need to adapt on certain things.

If he's coming back here, I would suggest that 5 million per season is probably not that far off what he will sign for. He's big, he's strong, he can skate and has good mobility. If he was a UFA, most teams in this league would throw that number at him, 5 million per season, 5 year, possibly more.

That is very expensive for a 3rd pairing D. I would not want him paid 5m....yeesh.

1 minute ago, VegasCanuck said:

5 year term and $5 million per year??? Wow, let me join your union. Sorry but this guy has not even proven he can play in the NHL higher than a 3rd pairing. Yes, he has size and some skills. If his price tag for coming back is term the best he gets a 3 year bridge deal. If he is confident in his NHL future then he takes shorter term and proves to Benning he can play. He has played 2 years of KHL since he left and IMHO that is no cred towards a long term NHL contract. It was wasted time. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

That’s all that matters.

That's what I'm arguing for.......or against the idea that tax free (mostly) money is a bigger draw than making $ in Van.......Canada offers a lot of good things with that tax $

• Cheers 1

45 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

I don't think the Canucks see him as a 3rd pairing D, I think they see him as someone who is top 4 moving forward.

But let's get real, he needs to show more to earn that much... 5 mil is just too much....way too much lol

• Upvote 1

Jim Benning is crushing it :rolleyes: (I don't really know why he left - WTF).

Benning on Tryamkin

Sportsnet 650: Vancouver Canucks GM Jim Benning on Nikita Tryamkin: “I don’t really know why he left, I think he had his reasons. We did everything on our end to convince him to stay. It could be a maturity thing. I think he made good strides. He sees the good young players in our system and maybe he wants to be part of it.”

7 hours ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

Jim Benning is crushing it :rolleyes: (I don't really know why he left - WTF).

Benning on Tryamkin

Sportsnet 650: Vancouver Canucks GM Jim Benning on Nikita Tryamkin: “I don’t really know why he left, I think he had his reasons. We did everything on our end to convince him to stay. It could be a maturity thing. I think he made good strides. He sees the good young players in our system and maybe he wants to be part of it.”

why is that hard to believe? at the time even Niks agent sounded confused. 

8 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

why is that hard to believe? at the time even Niks agent sounded confused. 

Nik will be back.  He was ready to live and play here, but his new wife wasn't.  When she's ready, Nik will be back.  

On 6/7/2019 at 3:45 PM, SilentSam said:

I find it amazing the amount of negative judgement still held on this young man taken from a rookie season of 60 games, in a new league, in a new country, with a foreign language.

What Tryamkin showed in his first season here was overwhelmingly positive.

He was handcuffed by a disastrous Coach who’s only option was to play Tryamkin due to injuries.

Contrary to what Benning wanted, that being Development.

Thus the Coach was fired before his contract was finished,.  But it should have happened the Christmas before.

What Tryamkin did show was that he deserved better, 

this whole AHL stint/refusal was a sham designed by Desjardins to create a respect on demand.

Desjardins forced managements hand with out of shape comments.. that laundry would never have been aired by a true professional.

Good to see WD is back in non professional Junior Hockey.. screaming his lungs out at kids who play only for a Dream.

.. back to the level he knows best.

Hopefully his future is somewhere in Siberia.

It's not all trying to be negative, some of it is simply trying to temper excessive expectations.   If you were watching this year's playoffs, take any of the series and the teams that won did it with SPEED.   Size helps but the speed of the game was amazing this year.   The Blues are fast.   Their forecheckers were fast and their D are constantly moving.   Compare any game you like in the later rounds with any game feed you can dig up on Tryamkin from the past season - it will be like watching YouTube on 0.75 speed.   The guy simply hasn't been involved in anything remotely close to what the NHL is right now for going on three years.    

Irrespective of how you feel he was treated, the bizarre advice he got on training/Utica and his wife's reasons for not liking living Vancouver - you will be hard pressed to convince anyone he has improved since leaving and I cannot fathom you not having a concern about his prime development years being spent in a league that plays D significantly different than in North America.   Watch the games!    

I would love to see this guy come back to North America and dominate.   Truly would.   I am also a realist and know of no defensive player who went "back" to the KHL and became better.   Regression, severe in most cases, is almost always the result.    

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I think it was Nik that wasn't ready tbh.

I disagree JM.  Nik had hockey to play, and was with the guys.  His wife was alone, and far away from family and friends, and not able to speak the language.  He left for her.

• Upvote 2