The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

1 hour ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

I agree with the attitude part however I don’t know how anybody sees him play and says he needs AHL time.  He is clearly an NHL player.  Meet those demands and get him back.  Pair him with Hughes.

Edler Myers

Hughes Tryamkin 

Joulevi Tanev

Stecher

And then move Tanev mid season for the first before he gets hurt lol

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, kloubek said:

I agree he should be tried with Hughes.

Man just seeing Myers in our lineup makes me cringe at the contract implications.  I really don't feel we need to pay a premium on Myers with Tryamkin likely coming back.

Obviously if the contract demand is ludicrous, we shouldn't attempt to sign him, but with Myers at a reasonable 6 mil per year, we can then trade Tanev and release that 4,5 mil cap hit. This allows us to bring Tryamkin back (2020-2021) and keep Stecher in the lineupp, who is a cheap but very useful 3rd pairing dman. 

Edler - Myers

Hughes - Tryamkin

Juolevi/Brisebois/Sautner/UFA - Stecher

We could also bring Hutton back at a much cheaper bridge deal as a show-me, which could potentially work out really well for us.

Lots to be optimistic about our D pool to be honest, even if we get Myers.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

15 hours ago, kloubek said:

I agree he should be tried with Hughes.

Man just seeing Myers in our lineup makes me cringe at the contract implications.  I really don't feel we need to pay a premium on Myers with Tryamkin likely coming back.

Should not be planning our future based on the potential return of tryamkin ... That's ridiculous.

53 minutes ago, cyoung said:

Should not be planning our future based on the potential return of tryamkin ... That's ridiculous.

So we shouldn't be planning on the potential blossoming of any of our prospects? Unlike any of the others, Tram has already demonstrated that he is effective at the NHL level. And most likely there have already been preliminary discussions with Tram and his agent.

• Upvote 1

Tryamkin got a new teammate: 

"German forward Brooks Macek, part of the team that won Olympic silver in PyeongChang last year, has agreed a one-year deal with Avtomobilist. Canadian-born Macek was drafted by the Red Wings in 2010 but never got a chance in the big leagues and headed to Germany in 2013. Five seasons there brought back-to-back titles with EHC Munich and a place in the national squad before Vegas produced an offer to bring him back over the Atlantic. A season in the AHL brought 60 points in 64 regular season games but no shot at the NHL, so ambitious Avtomobilist’s offer brought the 27-year-old back to Europe." 

27 year old that had 60 pts in 64 games in the AHL.  Interesting to add to the discussion we had (about 30 pages ago) about the strength of KHL vs. AHL.  

Avto ownership and management have not decided yet if they are going to continue play on the European size ice rink (30 x 60 metres) in the coming season or switch to the Canadian size (26 x 60 metres) like SKA St.Petersburg where Podkolzin will play. Obviously this would be expensive redevelopment for their ice stadium.

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, WeneedLumme said:

So we shouldn't be planning on the potential blossoming of any of our prospects? Unlike any of the others, Tram has already demonstrated that he is effective at the NHL level. And most likely there have already been preliminary discussions with Tram and his agent.

Don't put words into my mouth haha. 

If we don't know for sure thst hes returning, we shouldn't be holding spaces. If he does return, awesome, one more asset. If he doesn't , then we are prepared to go on without. 

3 minutes ago, Stierlitz said:

Avto ownership and management have not decided yet if they are going to continue play on the European size ice rink (30 x 60 metres) in the coming season or switch to the Canadian size (26 x 60 metres) like SKA St.Petersburg where Podkolzin will play. Obviously this would be expensive redevelopment for their ice stadium.

So Podkolzin is playing home games on our ice?  That’s great!  I hope Avto does the same.  Tryamkin will be even better on narrower ice. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, cyoung said:

I am not claiming we should base our future on Tryamkin coming back - although I think that his return should he considered, depending on how close Benning feels he is to signing him.

I don't like the idea of Myers at all in general, considering the contract he will likely desire.  But signing Myers for a stupid price is, in part, due to his size.  Every team needs a big hard hitting defenceman but if we had that part covered by Tryamkin, then it is less important for us to have that new right side dman to be a big one.

(Not to say a team couldnt use two big guys).  But really, in general, I am just not keen on a long contract for Myers whatsoever.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, cyoung said:

Don't put words into my mouth haha. 

If we don't know for sure thst hes returning, we shouldn't be holding spaces. If he does return, awesome, one more asset. If he doesn't , then we are prepared to go on without. 

The point is, nothing is for sure. Not even established NHLers, let alone prospects. Anyone could be hit by a car when crossing the street. You need to plan using probabilities, because there are no certainties. And Tram is probably going to be wearing a Canucks uniform starting sometime in 2020.

We don't even know for sure that Hughes will be sticking in the lineup. But I suspect that JB is planning on having Hughes in the lineup next season and isn't looking to sign up anyone to take his place.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, cyoung said:

His agent said there's a better than 50% chance of him returning to the NHL after this season. Is that ridiculous? Maybe you don't plan for it, but it's one of those spots on the whiteboard that gets a different colour just in case. He'll still have to make the team next season, unless he comes here in April next year and blows the doors off. But as soon as he leans on a few people, they're going to quickly realize his worth.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, canuckledraggin said:

His agent said there's a better than 50% chance of him returning to the NHL after this season. Is that ridiculous? Maybe you don't plan for it, but it's one of those spots on the whiteboard that gets a different colour just in case. He'll still have to make the team next season, unless he comes here in April next year and blows the doors off. But as soon as he leans on a few people, they're going to quickly realize his worth.

A 50% chance of returning to the NHL after this season, would the Canucks still own his rights?

• Cheers 1

ANY prospect stating they will not sign a contract that doesn't guarantee no time in AHL represents character that seems 180 degrees out of sync with the team Vancouver is building and the nature of players like Horvat, Hughes, EP40, Boeser etc. etc. that know playing in the NHL is an earned privilege and not a right.   Hopefully either this kid fires his agent or comes out to dispel that is being only from the agent and he is open to whatever the organization thinks is best for his development.

Red flags galore when prospects make such demands.   EVERYONE in the room earned a spot and they all know it.   

34 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

ANY prospect stating they will not sign a contract that doesn't guarantee no time in AHL represents character that seems 180 degrees out of sync with the team Vancouver is building and the nature of players like Horvat, Hughes, EP40, Boeser etc. etc. that know playing in the NHL is an earned privilege and not a right.   Hopefully either this kid fires his agent or comes out to dispel that is being only from the agent and he is open to whatever the organization thinks is best for his development.

Red flags galore when prospects make such demands.   EVERYONE in the room earned a spot and they all know it.   

OMG. just admit that you dislike this prospect. Hopefully he is what everyone is aiming for. Please don't ever using Larsen as a comparable as you continually do. If Taylor hall came around the net and hit Tryamkin instead of Larsen, We would be having a different conversation about whose career would have been ended.

Edited by canuckledraggin
  • Haha 1

FWIW, Dhaliwal is pimping the narrative that Benning really wants to upgrade the size on the third pairing.  Don't think Schenn will be one of them, but expecting to see at least one big boy UFA signed, likely short-term.  And yes, with the reasonably strong expectation that Tryamkin will return, as JB seemed to light up when his name was dropped.  That's why I don't think we see Hutton back, unless he's willing to take only a couple years at most.  Others like Woo and Rathbone will be knocking on the door soon, and perhaps even Sautner and Brisebois if they've advanced their games.