The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

14 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

ANY prospect stating they will not sign a contract that doesn't guarantee no time in AHL represents character that seems 180 degrees out of sync with the team Vancouver is building and the nature of players like Horvat, Hughes, EP40, Boeser etc. etc. that know playing in the NHL is an earned privilege and not a right.   Hopefully either this kid fires his agent or comes out to dispel that is being only from the agent and he is open to whatever the organization thinks is best for his development.

Red flags galore when prospects make such demands.   EVERYONE in the room earned a spot and they all know it.   

You can’t actually tell me that your cheering for this kid,.  

You have.. but your not.

In fact this topic of “Time in the AHL” is borderline prejudice towards players not from North America.

Everyone takes a different path to the Bigs.       The “Bigs” being the Best League in the entire World Rob..  The NHL.

Likewise this World League, The NHL, attracts and drafts prospects from many different countries and leagues.. which are being considered as “developmental” leagues themselves, Including the NCAA.

These players didn’t show up asking to play.  They showed up because they were drafted to this League.

Just because your from North America, does not give you the privilege to say what a prospect, from a professional League from the other side of the World can negotiate for his own best interest. 

Nor does it give you the privilege to say it’s a players right of passage to have to put time in the AHL if he dosent have to.

Since 1972,.   Times have changed, evolved..  your argument, and opinion is pretty well mythical now.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Elias Pettersson has a European assignment clause on his ELC.

Red flags galore? 

If he is not ready for some reason, where would Tryamkin be assigned to though? Does the KHL allow short term assignments?

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

You can’t actually tell me that your cheering for this kid,.  

You have.. but your not.

In fact this topic of “Time in the AHL” is borderline prejudice towards players not from North America.

Everyone takes a different path to the Bigs.       The “Bigs” being the Best League in the entire World Rob..  The NHL.

Likewise this World League, The NHL, attracts and drafts prospects from many different countries and leagues.. which are being considered as “developmental” leagues themselves, Including the NCAA.

These players didn’t show up asking to play.  They showed up because they were drafted to this League.

Just because your from North America, does not give you the privilege to say what a prospect, from a professional League from the other side of the World can negotiate for his own best interest. 

Nor does it give you the privilege to say it’s a players right of passage to have to put time in the AHL if he dosent have to.

Since 1972,.   Times have changed, evolved..  your argument, and opinion is pretty well mythical now.

I cheer for all prospects.   I just try to be realistic about it.   Friendly bet right now, IF he comes over the North America and becomes a top 4 (in terms of minutes etc.) within his first full season, I will use an avatar of your choosing for an entire year.    However, you need to agree to do the opposite if he does not meet that level of play.     You are so sure he is a lock for this, should be an easy bet for you to make.   

• Cheers 4

12 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

FWIW, Dhaliwal is pimping the narrative that Benning really wants to upgrade the size on the third pairing.  Don't think Schenn will be one of them, but expecting to see at least one big boy UFA signed, likely short-term.  And yes, with the reasonably strong expectation that Tryamkin will return, as JB seemed to light up when his name was dropped.  That's why I don't think we see Hutton back, unless he's willing to take only a couple years at most.  Others like Woo and Rathbone will be knocking on the door soon, and perhaps even Sautner and Brisebois if they've advanced their games.

I've actually enjoyed watching S & B..'dem kids can prob cover BH's role

9 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

I cheer for all prospects.   I just try to be realistic about it.   Friendly bet right now, IF he comes over the North America and becomes a top 4 (in terms of minutes etc.) within his first full season, I will use an avatar of your choosing for an entire year.    However, you need to agree to do the opposite if he does not meet that level of play.     You are so sure he is a lock for this, should be an easy bet for you to make.   

Chances are he is back here  February/March 2019/20 season..  regardless yes,  his first full season being 20/21, yes, top 4 within that season.

We don’t need to be changing Avatars Rob, there are avatars here that are synonymous with their opinions that I actually keep my eye open for,  because I respect their opinions...  and yours is one of them.

But I would be happy to buy you a cup of coffee and chat over our love of the game sometime..  barring that, I would be willing to leave you a gift certificate at the Coffee House of your choice for 50.oo bucks, CDN.. of course. :) 

Edited by SilentSam
  • Cheers 2

21 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

FWIW, Dhaliwal is pimping the narrative that Benning really wants to upgrade the size on the third pairing.  Don't think Schenn will be one of them, but expecting to see at least one big boy UFA signed, likely short-term.  And yes, with the reasonably strong expectation that Tryamkin will return, as JB seemed to light up when his name was dropped.  That's why I don't think we see Hutton back, unless he's willing to take only a couple years at most.  Others like Woo and Rathbone will be knocking on the door soon, and perhaps even Sautner and Brisebois if they've advanced their games.

I heard that the talks are still continuing with Schenn,. I hope so..   I do think the “game” he brought for us would rub off positively with the more physical D men we would have, . And prospectively have rising through our system..

Some May say that guys like him and Biegga are a dime a dozen,. But this day and age to be able to have the dynamics to skate well and bring a heavy tenacious  game on D is hard to find.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Chances are he is back here  February/March 2019/20 season..  regardless yes,  his first full season being 20/21, yes, top 4 within that season.

We don’t need to be changing Avatars Rob, there are avatars here that are synonymous with there opinions that I actually keep my eye open for,  because I respect their opinions...  and yours is one of them.

But I would be happy to buy you a cup of coffee and chat over our love of the game sometime..  barring that, I would be willing to leave you a gift certificate at the Coffee House of your choice for 50.oo bucks, CDN.. of course. :) 

That’s actually a tough call. If he’d been here I would take the bet no question.

By the time he gets here though, I would be surprised if there will be room for him to push into Top 4.

Assume he’ll play left side, is he going to push out Edler or Hughes in that timeframe? I don’t think so.

• Cheers 1

28 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

We don’t need to be changing Avatars Rob, there are avatars here that are synonymous with there opinions that I actually keep my eye open for,  because I respect their opinions...  and yours is one of them.

It's a deal.   Cheers.

PS - I enjoy these discussions.   You never rant.   Always back up your position and keep it about the topic.   

1 hour ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Have EP40 ever stated that he would bolt if asked to play in the AHL?    

No. But I think if EP came back this season and they told him he was too skinny and needed to go eat Chicken Riggies in Utica until he gained a bunch weight, he might just use his clause and go back to Sweden instead. ;) 

Point is, the clause was important enough to Pettersson and his agent that they negotiated for it.

Even before Elias had “earned” his spot in the NHL, he had a guarantee in his back pocket that he wouldn’t have to accept a demotion to the AHL.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

No. But I think if EP came back this season and they told him he was too skinny and needed to go eat Chicken Riggies in Utica until he gained a bunch weight, he might just use his clause and go back to Sweden instead. ;) 

Point is, the clause was important enough to Pettersson and his agent that they negotiated for it.

Even before Elias had “earned” his spot in the NHL, he had a guarantee in his back pocket that he wouldn’t have to accept a demotion to the AHL.

I think in terms of the players in question, you are talking apples and oranges but you have a good point....it is far from without precedence.   Point taken!   :)

• Upvote 1

... and they lived happily ever after, until the Canucks drafted an Aussie who demanded a clause that he go back to AIHL in case of demotion. 

1 hour ago, Rob_Zepp said:

It's a deal.   Cheers.

PS - I enjoy these discussions.   You never rant.   Always back up your position and keep it about the topic.   

Thank you, and like wise.. I beleive through all discussions an air of pragmatism prevails.. as it does between you and I.

I beleive Tryamkin Just needs the right environment here to live up to his potential.. must be tough on these kids who come straight from other countries where a government is feared.. to put their trust into a culture so foreign to them.

I am glad we grabbed Podolzkin, I see him potentially as a Stan Smyl 3.0 , time and patience will tell.

ps. @Stierlitz posted earlier that Avtomobilist are considering to also convert their ice surface to the NHL size.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, nzan said:

That’s actually a tough call. If he’d been here I would take the bet no question.

By the time he gets here though, I would be surprised if there will be room for him to push into Top 4.

Assume he’ll play left side, is he going to push out Edler or Hughes in that timeframe? I don’t think so.

A good possibility Edler goes to Seattle.. extorsion Draft.

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, SilentSam said:

I heard that the talks are still continuing with Schenn,. I hope so..   I do think the “game” he brought for us would rub off positively with the more physically endowed D men we would have, . And prospectively have rising through our system..

Some May say that guys like him and Biegga are a dime a dozen,. But this day and age to be able to have the dynamics to skate well and bring a heavy tenacious  game on D is hard to find.

so excited flirting GIF

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

So you’re not willing to bet against him becoming a top 4 in subsequent years? 

6 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Kudos to you SilentSam. What a generous perspective to take. Reading this helps to restore my faith in humanity.  

...after all, Batman is nothing without the Joker. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2