The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Prediction: Vbrata won't stick with Sedin's except on power play

Brambojoe

I like Vbrata. I like his nose for offense (something this team needs!) but watching the last game (yes I know it was just one game) it occured to me why Burrows has worked so well with the Sedins in the past and why I don't think Vbrata will.

I think Vbrata is too predictable. I think Burrows is a more dynamic player and that the chaos he creates is part of what made that line work (when it worked). Heck I think Hansen is probably their 2nd best option (5 on 5) in that regard.

Power play. Sure he can play Kesler's old role and I think our power play will be much better this year.

This could maybe have gone into one of the many line-up threads but that isn't really what I am proposing for discussion. The question I pose is this....do people (admittedly after only a few games) think Vbrata is the guy for the Sedins 5v5.

I already think no.

I think Vbrata is too predictable. I think Burrows is a more dynamic player and that the chaos he creates is part of what made that line work (when it worked). Heck I think Hansen is probably their 2nd best option (5 on 5) in that regard.

Vrbata isn't predictable, the whole line is predictable. Most of the players know the Sedins don't shoot often and are playmakers and now having Vrbata with the Sedins, they will know to cover Vrbata as he will shoot 90% of the time.

Vey is way faster than I thought he would be...I think that if Vrbata doesn't work out on the right side with Hank and Daniel, IMO, the next best option may be Vey. He reminds me of a slightly smaller, but faster and sturdier Mikael Samuelsson. Vey will need to shoot more if he plays with the twins.

Vey is way faster than I thought he would be...I think that if Vrbata doesn't work out on the right side with Hank and Daniel, IMO, the next best option may be Vey. He reminds me of a slightly smaller, but faster and sturdier Mikael Samuelsson. Vey will need to shoot more if he plays with the twins.

agreed. vey has impressed and looked real good with the twins. stood out for me last game and noticed he was getting shifts with them more and more as the game went on. look for it.

I hardly think that two pre-season games is enough time for the Sedins and Vrbata to build a ton of chemistry...

I do think he will stick with the twins, and I do think Vrbata will have a career year and we will see the Sedins return to form.

He kinda reminds me of when Pavol Demitra was playing with the Sedins. Unbelievable chemistry and magic, but probably not sustainable for an entire season.

They're all pretty much the same mold of player, all finesses and passing, but perfectionist in the sense the shot can only be taken when it's exactly the perfect time. Beautiful when it works, but it's quite possible they can just spend 2 full minutes just cycling in the corners and passing along the outside. What made someone like Burrows and Samuelsson successful was the fact that they weren't afraid to shoot.

If Vbrata is gonna just fire the puck whenever he's in the slot or has the puck, then they'll be successful. If not, join the line together only if they need a change, boost or something.

I like Vbrata. I like his nose for offense (something this team needs!) but watching the last game (yes I know it was just one game) it occured to me why Burrows has worked so well with the Sedins in the past and why I don't think Vbrata will.

Power play. Sure he can play Kesler's old role and I think our power play will be much better this year.

This could maybe have gone into one of the many line-up threads but that isn't really what I am proposing for discussion. The question I pose is this....do people (admittedly after only a few games) think Vbrata is the guy for the Sedins 5v5.

I already think no.

Jeez, two games in and you guys are already complaining about Vrbata being predictable. How about they just trade the Sedins and Vrbata, then our first line would not be predictable since we wouldn't know who the first line players would be each night.

Archived