The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

rogers sportnet and cbc ruining hockey? no one wants hipster hockey

canuktravella

Am i wrong the image they are going for hockey is horrible. George strombopopolus has no hockey knowledge wat so ever, makes ron maclean look like a genuis why are they ruining hockey get some more people that know hockey to talk about it liike adam oates and 99. Also are any of the media providing a neutral unbiased view instead of a gary bettman/ toronto maple leaf love in. Every time someone gets hit now they are like all discussing if that hit should be suspendable, hockey is hard your supposed to hit people. I hate all the political correct lameness thats becoming canada, grow some nuts and be men .

I don't like the change. I am so used to Don Cherry and Ron MacLean. I love tuning in to see what Don Cherry has to say and what he is wearing. I absolutely love watching and listening to him! I was used to seeing him and Ron MacLean after 7pm, Saturday's on CBC, and this Season, I was like - what happened? No Don?! Then I tuned in to CBC one Saturday around 4pm, and then at 4:40pm, there he was. So I have tuning into CBC more around 4pm, or flipping back between channels if there is a team I like better who is playing on another channel.

Give it time for them to figure it all out. People mostly hate this because they have a hard time accepting change. Doesn't really matter what they say, most already have their hate blinders on.

I haven't minded it so bar, but I don't really pay much attention to anything that doesn't happen on the ice.

grapefruit u like strompopolus wow the media is so biased and mickey mouse and the watered down wussy hockey suspend ever player for a hard hit is making me wanna throw up

I don't mind Strombo, had some quality interviews on his show. He wasn't all that good at it when his show started, I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt here. As I said, I don't pay much attention to what happens during intermission. I like to walk away and do other things.

Hockey in general doesn't interest me nearly as much anymore since the lockout.

I don't mind Strombo, had some quality interviews on his show. He wasn't all that good at it when his show started, I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt here. As I said, I don't pay much attention to what happens during intermission. I like to walk away and do other things.

Hockey in general doesn't interest me nearly as much anymore since the lockout.

very true bout post lockout

Am i wrong the image they are going for hockey is horrible. George strombopopolus has no hockey knowledge wat so ever, makes ron maclean look like a genuis why are they ruining hockey get some more people that know hockey to talk about it liike adam oates and 99. Also are any of the media providing a neutral unbiased view instead of a gary bettman/ toronto maple leaf love in. Every time someone gets hit now they are like all discussing if that hit should be suspendable, hockey is hard your supposed to hit people. I hate all the political correct lameness thats becoming canada, grow some nuts and be men .

"Ryan miler was the best signing of the last 15 years" #99

Dude it's bad,

HNIC used to be my weekly visit "Home" It was a show like no other, Americans I showed it to were impressed to say the least.

Now?? I don't know what the hell I'm watching. This hour has 69 minutes or some other horrible CBC show paid for by Canadian tax payers?

And don't even get me started on the suspensions, or the attempt by people who DON'T PAY for the product (Credit: Don Cherry) to castrate the game.

They have no business even being in the debate. The NHL is the supplier, we are the consumers, the players are the medium. Only these three parties have any business influencing the on-ice product. The media can F@#k O^F as far as I'm concerned.

As far as Stropo...whateverthehell his name is, he interviewed me back in 1999, a few questions in and I realized he knew NOTHING about us. Fine, it was a quick sit-down interview and in the grand scheme of things, we weren't all that important, but to have this guy in my face every week on a show I held sacred (For everyone who complained about HNIC, try living OUTSIDE Canada for years, then tell me how bad the show was) is a huge kick in the b@lls. (BTW this is venom for his professional life I'm spewing, I don't know the guy personally and am therefore none of this criticism is about him as a person, just want to make that distinction clear)

I just got home from the ANH game, my Ducks friends are as sick of all these suspensions as I am, they are asking themselves why the NHL has fighting/Hitting in all their promo clips, then act as if they've crust smelled a fart when any one of those things happen.

Make up you're mind NHL! What is your product? Please define it so I can make an informed decision on whether I want to keep paying for it. Stop sending the consumer mixed messages.

A ducks season ticket holder told me not 2 hours ago, "The things I cheer loudest for are a goal. hit or a fight, This league doesn't seem committed to giving me any of them"

Archived