The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Evander Kane's Embarrassing Antics

Webster6

5l740p.jpg

Does an embarrassing ego trip like this have the potential to decrease his trade interest/value? Because at least for me.. I immediately after seeing this went from thinking Kane is a player I wouldn't mind having; to thinking that he truly is the abnoxious douchebag he has a mild reputation for being, who would be a cancer in the dressing room à la Ryan Kesler.

I never wanna see him in a Canucks sweater. Is that too harsh or unreasonable? I'm just thinking like this. Why bother going out and drafting a role model character like Horvat and an inspirational and exciting talent like Shinkaruk. Only to go and ruin the great vibe in the dressing room with an entitled little brat who hasn't even come close to his "potential" ceiling.

Edit: For those who don't know. He's doing pushups in the photo.

Honestly I don't know why people care or think what someone does in their free time is relevant to a game. People fussed even more about the stuff guys like P. Kane, Seguin, Carter, Richards, etc. were doing off the ice and magically it had no relevance to hockey. It was just people being butthurt over a life that doesn't effect theirs.

Why oh why doesn't he just spend his cash on hookers and blow like the rest of them?

Oh, I know. He wants to be traded and these pics are supposed to make Jets fans happy about a negligible return. I just wish they'd just get it over with because this story on Kane's apparent character based on tweets and hearsay is becoming quite tired.

It's childish, but I know people who would do more idiotic things with that kind of cash. If he wants to flaunt it I say let him, what he does in his own time is his business. As long as you show up at the rink nobody should care what kind of person you are.

Except he's broadcasting this to the public, so its no longer just his business. The issue is not so much the picture, but his lack of forethought in realizing that this was going to become a distraction.

If he wants to pose with stacks on his back, fine, I think its retarded, but he's free to do what he wants. However, when he starts posting these photos for everyone to see, his business no longer remains "his".

Honestly I don't know why people care or think what someone does in their free time is relevant to a game. People fussed even more about the stuff guys like P. Kane, Seguin, Carter, Richards, etc. were doing off the ice and magically it had no relevance to hockey. It was just people being butthurt over a life that doesn't effect theirs.

I posted a hockey question (First sentence), followed up with my own answer, followed by my opinion as to why that's a reasonable decision. I'm looking for others answers or some kind of debate on the issue not simple answers from people who don't like to think and discuss those thoughts. Someone's character affects the dressing room which directly affects the team's play. Cancer cells are cancer cells.

Saw this....aww, to be young.

Very immature behaviour but I'm sure we've all been guilty of some of that. Eventually he should get it in check though because you come off as a jerk if you flaunt your money around. Would not want someone like him on the team however, as egos tend to also create a little friction at times and he's a guy who likes the spotlight.

Archived