The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Evander Kane's Embarrassing Antics

Webster6

Honestly I don't know why people care or think what someone does in their free time is relevant to a game. People fussed even more about the stuff guys like P. Kane, Seguin, Carter, Richards, etc. were doing off the ice and magically it had no relevance to hockey. It was just people being butthurt over a life that doesn't effect theirs.

Patrick Kane made it the public's business when he punched a cab driver in the face. The rest of them I couldn't care less what they do in their free time.

Evander Kane seems like a total loser though. If he had a Facebook I bet it would be filled with hundreds of photos of himself in the mirror.

I posted a hockey question (First sentence), followed up with my own answer, followed by my opinion as to why that's a reasonable decision. I'm looking for others answers or some kind of debate on the issue not simple answers from people who don't like to think and discuss those thoughts. Someone's character affects the dressing room which directly affects the team's play. Cancer cells are cancer cells.

When I said people I was not specifically referring to you. I just mean the fact that this is even a story and people are offended by the picture.

The locker room thing itself is silly. People make it sound like anyone with an ego derails an entire hockey team and they can no longer function.

Yet...

Kings... Blackhawks... Bruins... Penguins... Cup winning teams all featured multiple players who have been arrested or heavily criticized for off the ice behavior. From partying to pictures to political statements to offensive slurs. Those are just the cup winners feel free to pick most good teams and they all have some overblown stories about character issues.

I am saying these should be no stories because it doesn't reveal anything. Locker room cancer talk shouldn't even come up until they actually have stories about teammates taking issues. Not some faulty leap of logic that taking a picture with money will somehow lead to his millionaire teammates being so emotionally distressed that they will lose chemistry.

Kid is just asking to be robbed.

Who cares how he flaunts his cash. Seems to me that he's doing what he's doing because he's bored out of his mind and is trying to draw attention to himself.

I grew up in the 'peg. There's not much to do during the hockey season other than play hockey, train, drink and chase girls. Bet Kane is bored out of his mind while on home stands and can't wait for road trips.

Guys, guys!

Chill.

He's just showing the money he'll be forfeiting when the team fines him for conduct.

Still not impressed until he builds a house, no, an entire APARTMENT COMPLEX out of said money-bricks.

Or maybe an igloo? It gets pretty darn cold in the Peg.

So Kane is a cancer in the locker room because he posts a picture of himself doing pushups with wads of cash on his backÉ

Where is the issueÉ

This has nothing to do with how he plays the game, nothing to do with anything really.

The only people who think this is a distraction are the internet people. I doubt that a single person on his team gives a shake about what he posts on twitter. His teammates probably had a laugh over it.

Seriously, this is meaningless. People complaining onliine about what he does with his money are just jealous.

This is only an issue for the media and jealous fans.

Everybody commenting about how he is a cancer and distraction needs to get over themselves.

Edit: My keyboard seems to turn question marks into É. Sorry.

So Kane is a cancer in the locker room because he posts a picture of himself doing pushups with wads of cash on his backÉ

Where is the issueÉ

This has nothing to do with how he plays the game, nothing to do with anything really.

The only people who think this is a distraction are the internet people. I doubt that a single person on his team gives a shake about what he posts on twitter. His teammates probably had a laugh over it.

Seriously, this is meaningless. People complaining onliine about what he does with his money are just jealous.

This is only an issue for the media and jealous fans.

Everybody commenting about how he is a cancer and distraction needs to get over themselves.

Edit: My keyboard seems to turn question marks into É. Sorry.

It's so much bigger than just the money on his back while doing push ups, or him uploading it to instagram. it's that he is ignorant to the implications of his actions, and time after time finds a way to dwarf his last testament to narcissism. This guy cares about the name on the back of the sweater instead of the logo on the front.

He's showing off all the money he makes even though he consistently underachieves from failing to put in the effort and hanging his team out to dry. He's showing the fans of Winnepeg that he doesn't care them. The funniest part is he's too simple to realize that he's admitting it subconsciously.

Will this idiot ever learn? His teammates probably have zero respect for him

Someone on HF said it was the the 1 yr anniversary of when he did the twitter pic of him with the cash. He was only having fun with this one, he is a bit of a troll and seems to love to get people all bent out of shape.

Archived