The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Fallout 4

Armada

On 2/6/2017 at 11:29 AM, SILLY GOOSE said:

So I recently DL'd some of the mods for the PS4.  The fall looking enviroment I'm not a huge fan of, but holy $&!# does the dynamic lighting mod make the game difficult.  Nighttime is literally pitch black now lol!  Any PS4 mods people would recommend?  

Crap, I meant to. I will tonite for sure in case you are still interested. 

Absolutely, IMO.  The game is replayable with different character builds (and siding with different folks in the game) and you'll get hundreds of hours worth of gameplay.  If there is a game of the year edition with the DLC's get it.  If you have a choice, avoid getting it on PS3/PS4 because you won't get the same access to mods if you like to play around with those.

12 hours ago, Qwags said:

I know it's a little late, but is this game worth picking up? I loved New Vegas.

Yes, best Fallout game

34 minutes ago, Aardvark said:

Absolutely, IMO.  The game is replayable with different character builds (and siding with different folks in the game) and you'll get hundreds of hours worth of gameplay.  If there is a game of the year edition with the DLC's get it.  If you have a choice, avoid getting it on PS3/PS4 because you won't get the same access to mods if you like to play around with those.

That's why I love Bethesda

On 2017-03-20 at 2:22 AM, Qwags said:

I know it's a little late, but is this game worth picking up? I loved New Vegas.

its worth picking up if you enjoy the fallout series but New Vegas was the best game in the series on the console platform.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/19/2017 at 0:50 PM, SILLY GOOSE said:

Sure!  Ive kind of gotten hooked on For Honor, but will definitely be getting back into Fallout 4 at some point.  Still have to beat the game

Immersive-Gameplay and the Immersive-Gameplay (season pass)
Weather Redux
Interior Redux
Water Redux
Reverb and Ambiance Overhaul
Overgrowth (greenery; includes a ton of greenery throughout the commonwealth, forests, grass)
UCO Base Game
Improvised Fast Travel (only relevant on survival; works very well)

Those are the only major mods you need to really enhance the game play and make it more difficult, especially early on (be wary early in the game because you will definitely die a several times. Occasionally you will experience some lag in certain parts of the city because of these mods but it isn't game breaking and certainly worth it overall. 

And then I have some weapons, enemies, character modification mods, Genius Savant perk mod, and camping (for survival) but there are a lot of those so kinda pick and choose your flavor

im totally hooked on this game rn. theres so much to do. normally im not a fan of side quests but when im running around and getting lonely, i kinda get excited when i see random raiders xD i'm no where close to reaching diamond city. i still havent cleared the minutemen stuff. i'm pretty early in, but rn im gaining exp and stuff by the odd side jobs or building forts. building forts are fun

but can someone tell me how to use the electricity properly? like generators and light switches and all that stuff. where do i find the cables to connect like my water purifier to the generator, or am i just dumb and its right in front of my face. i finally learned how to drop my junk items for materials. i play on ps4 cause i picked it up for like 20 bucks, when i traded nhl 17 straight up for it

if there are mods for ps4 i would totally want to get into some of that when im better at the game. i kinda die a lot cause im dumb and want to fight super mutants

You need copper to build the wires.  In the build mode, hover over the item you want to connect and it turns color (white, IIRC).  Then click on the button that says build wire or connect or whatever it says.  Then click the same button when you hover over the other end.  There is a maximum distance to be aware of, otherwise you might need one of the other connectors.

8 hours ago, Aardvark said:

You need copper to build the wires.  In the build mode, hover over the item you want to connect and it turns color (white, IIRC).  Then click on the button that says build wire or connect or whatever it says.  Then click the same button when you hover over the other end.  There is a maximum distance to be aware of, otherwise you might need one of the other connectors.

Thought they got rid of the need for copper in working at least in one of the first updates of the game.

Bought the vault rec dlc last night way to much to do it's mostly building with a little bit of extra story dropped in but they give you a gigantic new area to build after you clear it out.only reason I bought it was because it's on sale this weekend will be buying nuka world as well as it is now only $18 versus 29.99.

13 minutes ago, Xbox said:

You probably gave your number when signing up for something bethesda related.

No, Bethesda the company started in Bethesda and moved to Rockville. This was just a random wrong civilian number from the city not the company. 

On 3/20/2017 at 9:22 AM, Qwags said:

I guess if you loved New Vegas you will love this too. I really liked both games though there really isn't any new advancements in Fallout 4 so expect more of the same.

Though if you are looking for a good RPG there's always Witcher 3 :) 

On 4/21/2017 at 1:27 AM, iinatcc said:

I guess if you loved New Vegas you will love this too. I really liked both games though there really isn't any new advancements in Fallout 4 so expect more of the same.

Though if you are looking for a good RPG there's always Witcher 3 :) 

How did that old line go?  Fallout is like Skyrim with guns? :P

Archived