The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] 2015 Canucks Training Camp Thread

-Vintage Canuck-

He will be.

It might simply be a paper transaction at this point and he never even goes to Utica.

We'll have to wait and see what other moves are made. If Vey, Biega, and Cracknell are put on waivers, Gaunce can be recalled right away.

Could it be a waiting game? They put Vey on Waivers, he makes it through, they call up Gaunce? That would be ideal.

Could it be a waiting game? They put Vey on Waivers, he makes it through, they call up Gaunce? That would be ideal.

That would make sense if they're willing to do it.

I think they'd wanna wait until all the other teams start putting players on waivers though.

14 F and 9 D with 2 G. They either cut 2 D or one of each. Down to the wire here gentlemen. I personally think Biega is a lock for one of the cuts. Then it's a matter of whether or not they want 14f or 8 D. Big game tomorrow night. The future of this franchise is looking good.

I can't see them wanting 2 extra d-man but who knows.

14 F and 9 D with 2 G. They either cut 2 D or one of each. Down to the wire here gentlemen. I personally think Biega is a lock for one of the cuts. Then it's a matter of whether or not they want 14f or 8 D. Big game tomorrow night. The future of this franchise is looking good.

If Biega is a for sure then its one of Hutton or McCann as the second cut

I believe it will be HUTTON as he can be recalled and does not have to clear waivers

Giving us an opening 23 of

Danny Hank Bataman

Bear Bo Virt

Burr Sutts Hanny

Prusty McCee Dors

Vey Crack

Eddy Tanman

Hammer Frankie

Sibling Bart

Weeebs

Mills

Marky Mark

If Biega is a for sure then its one of Hutton or McCann as the second cut

I believe it will be HUTTON as he can be recalled and does not have to clear waivers

It does make sense.

Everyone thinks Hutton is a lock, which he should be, but he's also the only current roster player who doesn't have to go on waivers and can be recalled at any time.

If it's about keeping as many assets as possible and giving the young guys their 9 games, this is the move that will be made.

It does make sense.

Everyone thinks Hutton is a lock, which he should be, but he's also the only current roster player who doesn't have to go on waivers and can be recalled at any time.

If it's about keeping as many assets as possible and giving the young guys their 9 games, this is the move that will be made.

I'd still waive Vey.

I'd still waive Vey.

Most people want us to. But I really doubt that happens.

Vey will be kept around at the very least just to see if McCann is ready. If he's not, then it should be Cracknell and Vey swapping in and out of the fourth line spot.

Most people want us to. But I really doubt that happens.

Vey will be kept around at the very least just to see if McCann is ready. If he's not, then it should be Cracknell and Vey swapping in and out of the fourth line spot.

I just can't imagine anyone claiming him.

I'd still waive Vey.

I'd rather wait a couple of weeks and get as little as a 5th rather than nothing :P

Benning can still keep his promise to give young guys a spot in the line up if they've earned it if he waits until the 9 games are up and he knows for sure if McCann or Virtanen will stick. Regular season is another step higher than the final 2 games of pre-season obviously.

Even if McCann and Virtanen make the team, there is a reasonable chance that Hutton and Gaunce are on the team by the trade deadline.

A couple of days ago I was thinking it would be Jake & Jared vs Ben & Brendan.

I'm excited the young guys will get their chance. I think Hutton and Biega will be the cuts for now until the dust settles.

First 9 games/until Higgins gets back:

Sedin - Sedin - Vrbata

Baertschi - Horvat - Virtanen

Burrows - Sutter - Hansen

Prust - McCann - Dorsett

Edler - Tanev

Hamhuis - Weber

Sbisa - Bartkowski

Vey, Cracknell

Corrado

Give McCann second powerplay time and see what he can do. Worst case Ontario he's sent back to junior.

Injuries and trades will also likely free up roster spots so this could look much different by Halloween!

Edit: wrote Hutton into the lineup instead of Sbisa :P

People put to much into waiving players

Very few times do they actually get picked up because they occupy a roster spot on there new team and can't be sent down

If vey gets sent down he passes through, a lot better players have been put on waivers and pass through

I always thought vey would be there 13th forward because we lack NHL center depth but he's proven he can't win a face off in preseason and cracknell has impressed and is better suited to the 4th line

So we will see what happens,

Archived