The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] 2015 Canucks Training Camp Thread

-Vintage Canuck-

I don't think he does. Easy depth, could be bottom 9 on an eastern team. And yes, I just said bottom 9.

I think he clears. At this point, every team is pretty much set and they would have to cut a player that "made" their team to fit Vey into the roster. I don't really think teams would do that to a player who "earned" a spot on the roster, unless there is an injury or the GM has a huge crush on Vey, which would be surprising.

Higgins should be going on LTIR tomorrow, as it would be 2 weeks since the incident. Still waiting for Biega and possibly Cracknell to be waived, I view these as the final cuts.

Shot metrics for the preseason here: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQgkDyyWoAAfmW6.png

Horvat is elite. McCann, Virtanen are NHLers, while Sbisa should be shot.

Sbisa isn't perfect but I think he has had a good pre season, especially the last few games he played. I don't get the hate he gets..

Funny how this article on Canucks.com written 3 days ago lists Hutton as an afterthought on D, and refers to the fourth line as Linden Vey's line as if it were a given. :lol:

Much has changed over the last week.

http://canucks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=781245&utm_source=social&utm_medium=hootsuite&utm_campaign=&hootPostID=de6173dc99ba76e08ee6c47b8be0221f

Maybe for Vey it was addressing the fourth line in Utica?

I know this will sound crazy to some, but has anyone considered putting Sutter with Prust and Dorsett?

Yes, I know, people would say "That's the most expensive 4th line ever", but I really think people need to buy-in to the Willie Desjardins/Jim Benning talk about how there are no lines. The Canucks have incredible depth. What's wrong with having THREE really good 3rd lines? Take a look at this line-up and tell me it doesn't at least make you a bit horny!

Sedin - Sedin - Virtanen

Baertschi - Horvat - Vrbata

Burrows - McCann - Hansen

Prust - Sutter - Dorsett

(Cracknell) (Vey)

Again, the final 3 lines can be sorted any which way. None of those guys (except Vrbata) are true top 6 guys. Not even Burrows. That 4th line would be a force to be reckoned with.

I don't think this will happen, but I'd love to see it, even just for a few games. What's the harm in giving Virtnane a shot at #1?

I know this will sound crazy to some, but has anyone considered putting Sutter with Prust and Dorsett?

Yes, I know, people would say "That's the most expensive 4th line ever", but I really think people need to buy-in to the Willie Desjardins/Jim Benning talk about how there are no lines. The Canucks have incredible depth. What's wrong with having THREE really good 3rd lines? Take a look at this line-up and tell me it doesn't at least make you a bit horny!

Sedin - Sedin - Virtanen

Prust - Sutter - Dorsett

(Cracknell) (Vey)

Again, the final 3 lines can be sorted any which way. None of those guys (except Vrbata) are true top 6 guys. Not even Burrows. That 4th line would be a force to be reckoned with.

I don't think this will happen, but I'd love to see it, even just for a few games. What's the harm in giving Virtnane a shot at #1?

...why?...why..would it make me horny?

Sedin - Sedin - Virtanen

Prust - Sutter - Dorsett

(Cracknell) (Vey)

Not even remotely......Sutter scored 21 goals last season and you want to put him with prust and dorsett? They brought him in, partly, to be a leader for the young guys and you want them to insult him?

Daniel Sedin - Henrik Sedin - Brandon Sutter

Sven Baertschi - Bo Horvat - Radim Vrbata

Alex Burrows - Jared McCann - Jannik Hansen

Brandon Prust - Linden Vey - Derek Dorsett

Jake Virtanen, Chris Higgins (IR)

Alex Edler - Chris Tanev

Dan Hamhuis - Yannick Weber

Luca Sbisa - Matt Bartkowski

Frank Corrodo, Ben Hutton

Ryan Miller

Jakob Markstrom

If the Canucks do indeed keep all three I bet they use this vs Calgary

I think JB might try to sneek Vey and Corrado through waivers on the last day. Hopefully there's a trade.

I'm thinking this too, though not both, but one of the two. Rosters have to be finalized by Tuesday, so a 24 hour waiver period on Monday, should rule out anyone looking for a deal. I mean teams would be looking at making their own cuts, less concerned with picking someone up.

I'm thinking this too, though not both, but one of the two. Rosters have to be finalized by Tuesday, so a 24 hour waiver period on Monday, should rule out anyone looking for a deal. I mean teams would be looking at making their own cuts, less concerned with picking someone up.

Vey. Corrado will have more value.

Archived