The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Corrado claimed by Toronto Maple Leafs

For me the bottom line is we don't have the depth of NHL ready RHD in our org to have exposed him to waivers like that,

I mean it is what it is but I can't say i am happy about it with still such a glaring hole in our organization for that specific area

As I said in the other thread, a lot of Canucks fans rate Corrado WAY higher than he should be. It's truly a testament of how weak our defence prospect pool is. Corrado is a bottom pairing defenceman that is not that difficult to replace. He's not a bonafide top-4 defenceman like some of you guys make him out to be.

He'll be on the bottom pairing in Toronto. BOTTOM PAIRING in TORONTO! lol.

Ugh. This team is maybe THE worst when it comes to asset management. Could've gotten a pick out of this, instead they give him away for free...... gonna be a looong season.

I don't think we would have gotten a pick, most GMs would know he's going to waivers

Oh give me a break. Sbisa is a young and promising defenceman who CDC has demonized as their whipping boy. Any time would be lucky to have Sbisa in their depth pool as he can easily develop into a top 4 defenceman in a few years.

Hope you're trolling right now

For me the bottom line is we don't have the depth of NHL ready RHD in our org to have exposed him to waivers like that,

I mean it is what it is but I can't say i am happy about it with still such a glaring hole in our organization for that specific area

Agreed. It looks like Benning gave up on Corrado, who's upside is like Tanev's, but Tanev was a bit farther along at Corrado's current age.

I think he'll do alright in TO. I kinda expect TO to be improved this season. Certainly Babcock won't tolerate losing on purpose.

Archived