The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[waivers] Matt Irwin of Boston

remember he takes Sbisa or Weber's spot :bigblush:

Sbisas huge contract and sub par play, or webers depth spot. Weber would clear waivers and will be a fine call up. I didn't say either of those though. I said he takes Huttons spot. I have zero problem with Hutton, infact, I have loved his play. Kid is the real deal. But injuries happen, and we have minimal depth in defense.

Edler/Tanev

Hamhuis/Bartkowski

Sbisa/Hutton

Weber

Where exactly does Irwin fit?

Pass.

As our 7 D instead of Weber.

NO brainer pick up here.

He has put up similar numbers as Weber, basically the same age, BIGGER, and HALF the cap hit.

Such an easy decision, especially for a cap strapped team like Vancouver.

San jose hf board called him worst player in the NHL last season. When you can't make the bruins stale defense that says something. Other then local boy not much is going for him.

Please pass JB.

Last thing I want is for the canucks to become a local boy club. Don't mind the odd local boy but we don't need every local boy available on this team.

Wow very surprised by that move but really shouldn't be surprised at anything Neely and Sweeney are doing.. Why they moved Hamilton is beyond me but its hilarious that siednberg and chara both get hurt before the season starts, and the insiders are saying Boston is looking for a defenseman. Hamilton would be perfect ha-ha. Then they waive irwin, thier FA d man signing. Who the hell will play d now? Even if chara is back hes old slow and injury prone now. Boston is gonna.be nad this year.lottery pick bad. Sweeney has to be the worst gm in the league. Does he even have a plan? or just wake up one day and decided to move Hamilton for all futures. Maybe tomorrow bergeron will gt moved and then krejci will gt hurt and the headlines will read, Boston in market for a center. Rip bruins

Archived