The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Andrey Pedan | D

SilentSam

27 minutes ago, CaptainLinden16 said:

Pedan just doesn't look like a hockey player for me.  He doesn't think the game well at all.  His lateral movement and overall agility is Dana Murzyn stiff.  Sure give that time to Subban or Beiesbois or trade for a youngster.  I assume management wanted to shield our younger players from too much too soon.  Bring them along slowly keeping confidence high.  You know like not Jake Virtanening everybody.  To me no matter how bad the team is you have to earn your job.  Bartkowski and even Weber are better hockey players than Pedan.  By better I say that definitely with the knowledge that they are both seriously flawed players.

He cost us a 3rd round pick.  He also was brought up by JB.  We were out of a playoff hunt so we had nothing to lose in giving him a shot.  If mgmt didn't want him rushed they would have left him in the AHL getting minutes, not sitting in the stand watching, or playing on forward. 

Better doesn't matter at the time. We were out of playoffs and both Bart and weber weren't going to be part of canucks future. All we did was help showcase them to other teams. 

It was a completely bonehead move and it's on the coach.  Every other team in the league brings up there kids when the team is out of the playoffs.  It gives teams a head start on training camp and preparing for next season. Meanwhile WD is still playing favorites giving plugs icetime.  There's no logic behind that.

If Gudbranson can teach Tryamkin how to properly fight then Pedan becomes redundant.  We wouldn't need any more toughness in the lineup, especially if Labate can stick on the 4th line. 

Unfortunately I see no future with Pedan on this team. He is either gonna be a carer AHL'er or some other team will take a chance on him. 

24 minutes ago, Harvey Spector said:

If Gudbranson can teach Tryamkin how to properly fight then Pedan becomes redundant.  We wouldn't need any more toughness in the lineup, especially if Labate can stick on the 4th line. 

Unfortunately I see no future with Pedan on this team. He is either gonna be a carer AHL'er or some other team will take a chance on him. 

Guddy should teach LaBate to fight as well...I dont think he has ever won one..people really over estimate his fighting ability..he is game however.

9 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

After being passed around the league, the pick became William Lockwood, swapped in the Sutter trade for the Bieksa second with which the Pens drafted goalie Filip Gustavsson 9 picks earlier.

Hut, I followed the trail on our 2016 3rd rounder traded to The Islanders and found it went to the Senators, and then to the Rangers, to become Sean Day, presently in the OHL with the Spitfires. Apparently Day was one of those rare over achievers and made the OHL as a 15yr old. From what I read on a Rangers Blog, he packs a full tool box with size, speed, skill, and smarts.

Please correct me if I'm wrong or taking your quote out of context? 

7 hours ago, Harvey Spector said:

Harvey, even the tough guys these days are skilled, hard to find guys who just play a "rope a dope" game anymore. If you could build every forward like Bertuzzi and every Dman like Weber, that wouldn't be too bad eh?

If toughness in your line up is the silver lining they share, every one plays their best.

I see Pedan in to finish the season, and, or, given an even greater opportunity next season to prove himself as Joulevi and Brisboise are safe to extract from Utica when needed.

Even if it is to prove Pedan is an asset to move,. WD has not given Pedan a fair shake.

27 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Hut, I followed the trail on our 2016 3rd rounder traded to The Islanders and found it went to the Senators, and then to the Rangers, to become Sean Day, presently in the OHL with the Spitfires. Apparently Day was one of those rare over achievers and made the OHL as a 15yr old. From what I read on a Rangers Blog, he packs a full tool box with size, speed, skill, and smarts.

Please correct me if I'm wrong or taking your quote out of context? 

Here's the trail.  Went to the Islanders for Pedan, then Sabres for Johnson, then Pens for Bylsma, then back to the Canucks as the best of their thirds for Bonino.  The pick was 64th overall, which was our original seeding for the third round.

http://www.prosportstransactions.com/hockey/DraftTrades/Years/2016.htm

11 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Here's the trail.  Went to the Islanders for Pedan, then Sabres for Johnson, then Pens for Bylsma, then back to the Canucks as the best of their thirds for Bonino.  The pick was 64th overall, which was our original seeding for the third round.

http://www.prosportstransactions.com/hockey/DraftTrades/Years/2016.htm

That's incredible.  So for trading Mallet, now playing in the Czech rep, and our 3rd rnd pick in 2016..  we received Pedan, and our 3rd rnd pick back.  :ph34r:

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

Harvey, even the tough guys these days are skilled, hard to find guys who just play a "rope a dope" game anymore. If you could build every forward like Bertuzzi and every Dman like Weber, that wouldn't be too bad eh?

If toughness in your line up is the silver lining they share, every one plays their best.

I see Pedan in to finish the season, and, or, given an even greater opportunity next season to prove himself as Joulevi and Brisboise are safe to extract from Utica when needed.

Even if it is to prove Pedan is an asset to move,. WD has not given Pedan a fair shake.

Juolevi can't be sent to Utica next year. So it is either he makes the big club or goes back to London. I don't see him going back to London. Canucks will likely use him like they did with Jake and McCann last year. He will most likely crack the top 8. Brisebois for sure will be sent to Utica. So unless a trade is made with Tanev and Sbisa gets picked up by Vegas, I don't see any room for Pedan on the big club next year. Larsen may also leave but Subban could be ready to crack the top 8 as well. 

With Tryamkin and Guds and even Sbisa, we have enough grit on the back end. Guds has only fought once this year. Unless Pedan can crack the top 8 D based on his skill set he won't get promoted simply to add grit. 

16 minutes ago, Harvey Spector said:

Juolevi can't be sent to Utica next year. So it is either he makes the big club or goes back to London. I don't see him going back to London. Canucks will likely use him like they did with Jake and McCann last year. He will most likely crack the top 8. Brisebois for sure will be sent to Utica. So unless a trade is made with Tanev and Sbisa gets picked up by Vegas, I don't see any room for Pedan on the big club next year. Larsen may also leave but Subban could be ready to crack the top 8 as well. 

With Tryamkin and Guds and even Sbisa, we have enough grit on the back end. Guds has only fought once this year. Unless Pedan can crack the top 8 D based on his skill set he won't get promoted simply to add grit. 

Numbers got him this year...unless he blows the doors off the remainder of the season in Utica I doubt the Canucks even resign him..the back end is way to crowded..if this was 3 years ago he would probably be on the team now.

I like Pedan and he has been a good soldier taking his demotions in stride...had a good training camp and probably should of made the top 8 this year if it wasnt for politics with Biega and Tryamkin...but what can you do..it is what it is...he will go somewhere else and I wouldnt be surprised to see him in the NHL in the near future..just not for us.

10 hours ago, Harvey Spector said:

Canucks have Edler, Tanev, Gudbranson, Sbisa all available to Vegas draft. IMHO Sbisa is making a serious bid for retention. In Bennings world he has to make a decision whether he can get value for a possible Edler or Tanev trade as they have the greatest value to acquire forward prospects or draft picks. The value might not be there as I suspect Vegas drops possible deal values. The TDL will tell the tale. Curious what the Benning-Poile relationship is?

On November 26, 2016 at 2:23 AM, Harvey Spector said:

We we have the depth to marinate Juolevi. We are not going to the cup final next season and can afford to keep our prospects in development until they can actually contribute at the NHL level. 

I still am frustrated with Jake and Jared's development path. Horvat was an exception due to his maturity. We can not afford to screw up OJ's development one bit. Hopefully we can repair Jakes development, we need him to come thru. 

On November 25, 2016 at 10:23 PM, Harvey Spector said:

Assuming Edler or Tanev don't get traded(I think one will) we should have room

Edler-Tanev

hutton- guddy 

tryamkin-stetcher 

pedan-juolevi(though junior isn't the worst idea for him)

biega gone, traded or expansion draft

Sbisa gone, traded r expansion draft

larsen gone, useless unless something happens

10 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

Time to call up Pedan with Edler day-to-day with an "upper body injury" it is a convienient excuse to call up Pedan for the Leafs revenge/grudge match.

Labate is already here and getting settled in can't wait till next week when the Leafs get taken out back to the woodshed.

That's not a bad idea. I'd take Pedan in over Larsen. 

Archived