The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canadiens interested in Vrbata (Eklund)

canuktravella

2 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

That is awesome. GMJMFB it is.

Sutter is definitely a real improvement on what Bonino brought. I just thought Benning gave more than he needed to....but I'm not a GM.

I am looking forward to free agency though, as Benning is set on having quite a bit of cap space to work with. His mentality towards constructing a team is very intriguing.

Completely agree dude. I think this trade deadline and summer will be massive for him. I really feel like he has a plan and he's executing it on his own terms. I'm a huge fan of his.

2 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

That is awesome. GMJMFB it is.

Sutter is definitely a real improvement on what Bonino brought. I just thought Benning gave more than he needed to....but I'm not a GM.

I am looking forward to free agency though, as Benning is set on having quite a bit of cap space to work with. His mentality towards constructing a team is very intriguing.

Free agency indeed. But there's also a holiday trade freeze and more importantly a trade deadline before FA. I am vey. excited by the trade deadline.

canadians where the team that was competing with vancouver for vrbata when he was a free agent... i would say that is a safe bet canadians are interested... hell the way things are going for vrbata he wishes he was on the canadians at the moment.

14 hours ago, BaerOxHitman said:

Vrbata doesn't bring anything the Habs don't already have.

Canadiens need right wing offense  -  it is why they signed Semins, which obviously has not worked out.  And it is also why they traded for Kassian, which again has not worked out. 

Maybe do some research before you make a response. 

2 hours ago, Drakrami said:

Canadiens need right wing offense  -  it is why they signed Semins, which obviously has not worked out.  And it is also why they traded for Kassian, which again has not worked out. 

Maybe do some research before you make a response. 

There were fans on here yesterday who thought Semin was a worthwhile return! Go figure. He was washed up when he left Washington and yet has played another couple years in Carolina and Montreal. What a joke.

15 hours ago, shayster007 said:

Completely agree dude. I think this trade deadline and summer will be massive for him. I really feel like he has a plan and he's executing it on his own terms. I'm a huge fan of his.

Me too. I was frustrated to no end last July and was cursing his name and rousing the townsfolk for a revolt, but then I took a step back and realized that Benning has a plan that will take a few seasons to come to fruition.

I think at the end of this season his plan will culminate with the draft and free agency. I have a funny feeling that when next September rolls around, this team will be something to behold.

On 11/20/2015, 9:52:33, Pickly said:

He's likely not going to fetch a first. With the likes of Vermette and Sekera fetching firsts last year an argument can be made but Chicago was desperate to fill the potential void left by Kaner and his injury and LA was desperate to make the playoffs. At this point and time given his performance thus far it isn't even worth trading him as his value isn't that high. I'd wait and see where the team and vrbata's performance is at come feb/March and then make a move. 

I don't think he'd bring an early 1st, but he might bring a late first round pick as we get closer to the deadline. We might have to flip a 4th or something back the other way with him, but I'd be willing to do that!

8 hours ago, Drakrami said:

Vrbata averages 29.76goals per 82 game season over the last 4 seasons. How many NHL players did that? No idea why people on these boards like to write down his value so much. 

I think a lot of people are of a "what have you done for me the past 10 games" mindset. They see a player struggling and think the world's about the end. lol

Archived