The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

TSN Grades the Canucks

BurrsArrows

daniel   A carrying team

hendrik A same as brother

vrbata  Cplus   has some of highest shots on net sooner or later his shooting percentage will go up

hansen A plus honey badger is skating so fast actually having tons of chances plus plays in all situations.

Sutter B done good could have been better but who knows how long injuries affected him 

horvat c plus  bit of 2nd yr slump he will do better in rest of season especially when sutters back

mccann b plus sniping it up sometimes makes rook mistakes but still better than i thought

burrows cplus shows up clutch sometime still working hard 

higgins c minus bring no offense at all

prust c plus  heart of team protects rooks

dorsett c minus   hasnt done much

cracknell c plus great 4th line c hard workeradds a lil offense

virtanen c highest  hits for rookies in nhl speeed helps him but coach is underutilizing him

baertchi b  corsi is great offense will come eventually

edler bplus eats huge kins decent plus minus ok offense

hutton a  make vet moves plus adds offense exceeding  how good i though hed be if only he had a decent partner

tanev bplus great positionally eats big minutes

hamhuis f minus  no offense 3 assists making 4.5 mill loses puck cant skte or hit

weber  z minus no place in nhl hes soft as swiss cheese adds no offense no grit good bye 

sbisa b  hits and really missed him when injured stablizes dcorp

bartoski c   mobile good passer and skater  brings small bit of offense good 7th d

miller a minus  awful dcorp craps the bed but miller has kept us in close games lack of offense and bad d are to blame not miller

markstrom b lil rusty back from injury but team has left him to the wolves on many occasions just like miller 

15 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

daniel   A carrying team

hendrik A same as brother

vrbata  Cplus   has some of highest shots on net sooner or later his shooting percentage will go up

hansen A plus honey badger is skating so fast actually having tons of chances plus plays in all situations.

Sutter B done good could have been better but who knows how long injuries affected him 

horvat c plus  bit of 2nd yr slump he will do better in rest of season especially when sutters back

mccann b plus sniping it up sometimes makes rook mistakes but still better than i thought

burrows cplus shows up clutch sometime still working hard 

higgins c minus bring no offense at all

prust c plus  heart of team protects rooks

dorsett c minus   hasnt done much

cracknell c plus great 4th line c hard workeradds a lil offense

virtanen c highest  hits for rookies in nhl speeed helps him but coach is underutilizing him

baertchi b  corsi is great offense will come eventually

edler bplus eats huge kins decent plus minus ok offense

hutton a  make vet moves plus adds offense exceeding  how good i though hed be if only he had a decent partner

tanev bplus great positionally eats big minutes

hamhuis f minus  no offense 3 assists making 4.5 mill loses puck cant skte or hit

weber  z minus no place in nhl hes soft as swiss cheese adds no offense no grit good bye 

sbisa b  hits and really missed him when injured stablizes dcorp

bartoski c   mobile good passer and skater  brings small bit of offense good 7th d

miller a minus  awful dcorp craps the bed but miller has kept us in close games lack of offense and bad d are to blame not miller

markstrom b lil rusty back from injury but team has left him to the wolves on many occasions just like miller 

You're being way too easy on Sbisa. He should be a C- or D. Miller should be a D

2 hours ago, Crabcakes said:

Hutton and McCann have done better than expected.  I agree but they also play sheltered minutes.  McCann isn't the Canucks 3rd best forward though (not yet)  and Hutton has some work to show us that he's as good as Tanev.

Compared to all of the players in the league, I give McCann a C (which would make him a competent 3/4C which is saying something for a 19 year old) and Hutton gets a C+ (which is average for the league or equivalent to a typical 3/4D.....and very good for a 5D)

Grading a teenager & a vet are totally different scenarios...

Grading rookies compared to vets??? 

McCann for a teenager & expectations has done very well.  "Very well" last I checked is better than a "C".

Hutton has been arguably along with McCann the best rookie(s) in years. That alone is granted atleast above average mark (C).

If your talking about comparing them to the way you're saying H.Sedin (#1 centre) vs McCann (#3-4) alone then yes Henrik, along with every other #1 centre wins hands down. (i thought report cards were based on individual play not vs team mates, age, experience, etc.)???

As a up & coming please play your rookies more year, than I'd easily have to say McCann & Hutton along with Jake have acceded expectations which gives them an above average mark period.

We are rating them as individuals right???? 

3 hours ago, slickjim23 said:

You're being way too easy on Sbisa. He should be a C- or D. Miller should be a D

ya sbisa has been decent not sure what your talking bout. As for miller hes keeping us in close games just because we lost a bunch on road trip is not his fault his dcorp was giving up  multiple high grade scoring chances all game theres no goalie in league right now that would win with the chances canucks are giving up. Thats why pedan is playing next game we need a mean physical dman to bring the pain. Any team tha plays weber 20 mins a game is mostly likely to lose. Even with pedan we only have 3 dmen that im comfortable playing on team (edler, tanev, sbisa) and injured hutton. Benning better make a trade or two asap we should have kept corrado over weber  makes no sense 

7 hours ago, hearditall said:

He also had Virtanen before the draft at #46. A late 2nd rounder..?? He's a one of a kind type in a draft year. (Lucic, Bertuzzi, rare POWER forward type) 

I don't take to much of his opinion most of the times....

Tbh virt is not where draisadal is in skill at all. Sry for spelling 

I don't know, Miller is the seventh highest paid goalie in the NHL and his stats this year are pretty average, with his record being below average. Now a lot of that is the team in front of him, but at the same time, shouldn't "big money goalies" be able to overcome some of that? 

C- might be a tad harsh, but he's definitely no better than a C 

5 hours ago, hearditall said:

Grading a teenager & a vet are totally different scenarios...

Grading rookies compared to vets??? 

McCann for a teenager & expectations has done very well.  "Very well" last I checked is better than a "C".

Hutton has been arguably along with McCann the best rookie(s) in years. That alone is granted atleast above average mark (C).

If your talking about comparing them to the way you're saying H.Sedin (#1 centre) vs McCann (#3-4) alone then yes Henrik, along with every other #1 centre wins hands down. (i thought report cards were based on individual play not vs team mates, age, experience, etc.)???

As a up & coming please play your rookies more year, than I'd easily have to say McCann & Hutton along with Jake have acceded expectations which gives them an above average mark period.

We are rating them as individuals right???? 

Not in the school I went to :huh:

Individual compared to a standard.  There can only be one standard otherwise the grade is meaningless.

2 hours ago, Crabcakes said:

Individual compared to a standard.  There can only be one standard otherwise the grade is meaningless.

I'm sure that the school you went to did not hold a grade 2 student to the same standard as a grade 12 student. 

3 hours ago, chickenman92 said:

I don't know, Miller is the seventh highest paid goalie in the NHL and his stats this year are pretty average, with his record being below average. Now a lot of that is the team in front of him, but at the same time, shouldn't "big money goalies" be able to overcome some of that? 

C- might be a tad harsh, but he's definitely no better than a C 

20 hours ago, ajhockey said:

Miller has held them in games they had no business even coming close to winning.  The d on this team is horrible and it shows in his #s.  Even Price would have a hard time backing this lot.

TSN predicted the Canucks in the bottom 5 of the league and put Miller as a bottom three goalie.  Goes to show you what they know.

5 hours ago, John Tortorella said:

Tbh virt is not where draisadal is in skill at all. Sry for spelling 

Yes...

Kessel is much more skilled than Lucic too but in a playoff series & both are on their "A" game, I'm goung with Lucic all day long...

I agree though Draisaitl is looking like a beauty. 

4 hours ago, Crabcakes said:

U can't compare a Kindergarten student to a grade 7.

If we were trying to get the best grade for a 3rd line centre than B.Richardson or S. Matthias or some older vet probably would get a better grade than McCann. But we are not going that root. We are going with the rookies so rookies should be graded with this in mind. McCann & Hutton have really over achieved here so far in most eyes so with these results they both deserve an above average mark for sure. 

4 hours ago, Crabcakes said:

Then perhaps we shouldn't be comparing these players in the first place. Their grade is meaningless to compare with each other to begin with, so stop comparing altogether.

8 hours ago, canuktravella said:

ya sbisa has been decent not sure what your talking bout. As for miller hes keeping us in close games just because we lost a bunch on road trip is not his fault his dcorp was giving up  multiple high grade scoring chances all game theres no goalie in league right now that would win with the chances canucks are giving up. 

I agree with this. Sbisa is the only d-man who makes it hard for the opposition to stand in-front of the net. He is a physical player. Miller has done really well this year. I think he is definitely earning his money this season (so far anyway). 

Archived