The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pavel Bure on NHL.com

cuporbust

Was happy to see that Pavel will be making a regular contribution to NHL.com ( as stated on the website). Found an article where he talks about the upcoming Allstar game and how he thinks the new format will be good. 

Maybe we will start to see a few more Canucks headlines on the site now ( highly doubt it ) lol

From NHL app:

Bure, who scored 437 goals and 779 points during a 12-year NHL career with the Vancouver Canucks, Florida Panthers and New York Rangers, will make regular contributions to NHL.com/ru.

Good to see him involved more in North American hockey again , even if it is just to give an opinion or two 

1 minute ago, TimberWolf said:

Here comes the spell nazis

That's true.  But what I like most about your post is the goalie getting his head chopped off with that Star Wars saber thing.  I don't know how you made that, but it's freaking AWESOME!

9 minutes ago, TimberWolf said:

Here comes the spelling Nazis

Spelling Nazis? When did it change from Spelling Police to Spelling Nazis? Look, one can overlook the odd typo, I certainly did on the initial heading, but the second in the field of the originator's comment could also be borderline over looked as maybe English being second Language, (ESL). I would not upbraid anyone for that.

Also, most people who do not have a descent grip of the English language at least have the courtesy to say so. This just leaves those who have decided that abusing the language is some sort of rebellion towards being educated. To which there is no logic, reason, nor common sense in such a statement of trend evolution. What it is, is an insult to the premise of knowledge. Lack of knowledge breeds ignorance.

Plenty of that here to go around. Nazis? Really? Hey, and I am not even of the persuasion of Judaism.

1 hour ago, scratchmb said:

Spelling Nazis? When did it change from Spelling Police to Spelling Nazis? Look, one can overlook the odd typo, I certainly did on the initial heading, but the second in the field of the originator's comment could also be borderline over looked as maybe English being second Language, (ESL). I would not upbraid anyone for that.

Also, most people who do not have a descent grip of the English language at least have the courtesy to say so. This just leaves those who have decided that abusing the language is some sort of rebellion towards being educated. To which there is no logic, reason, nor common sense in such a statement of trend evolution. What it is, is an insult to the premise of knowledge. Lack of knowledge breeds ignorance.

Plenty of that here to go around. Nazis? Really? Hey, and I am not even of the persuasion of Judaism.

Just a concentration issue for some. Maybe we should have a camp for that.

1 hour ago, scratchmb said:

I believe that was June 7th 1971.  Oxford Dictionary Editor Robert Burchfield, or RWB as he was known among his peers, decreed it.  The change was made primarily because those who correct other people's spelling and grammar are almost universally HUGE douchebags.  At the time, people still had some respect for the police, so it made sense that the term be changed to something that reflected that level of douchbaggery.  Henceforth, Spelling Nazis.

1 hour ago, Chalky said:

I believe that was June 7th 1971.  Oxford Dictionary Editor Robert Burchfield, or RWB as he was known among his peers, decreed it.  The change was made primarily because those who correct other people's spelling and grammar are almost universally HUGE douchebags.  At the time, people still had some respect for the police, so it made sense that the term be changed to something that reflected that level of douchbaggery.  Henceforth, Spelling Nazis.

Those who correct other people's spelling and grammar are only trying to discourage incorrect spelling and grammar. It's understandable that people find it annoying, but those who respond negatively to the person who is correcting are the ones who are causing the problem, IMO.

3 minutes ago, Time Lord said:

Those who correct other people's spelling and grammar are only trying to discourage incorrect spelling and grammar. It's understandable that people find it annoying, but those who respond negatively to the person who is correcting are the ones who are causing the problem, IMO.

I've always been a troublemaker.  It was meant jokingly.  Oxford dictionary didn't really change it.

Archived