The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Schultz(edm) healthy scratch

86Viking

8 minutes ago, Yotes said:

Hearing that #oilers Justin Schultz being scratch tonight vs #devilsmight be trade related. #tvasports

i would offer higgins and one of weber/bart sbisa.

low risk for us, yes higher cap hit but we send out $ also. Could help out PP? That is his specialty, poor in D end

Sbisa? So undervalued on cdc. 

higgins and weber. same cap hit totatl, both are in the minors, so edmonton would still only have 7 nhl d on roster, and if they wanted they could leave higgins down their or call him up for the 10 game max and see if he shows anything and they either keep him up or move him at the deadline for anything they can get.

Just now, Gooseberries said:

Sbisa? So undervalued on cdc. 

i agree he is, but if its contract that has to be similar for similar age player, sbisa is the only choice.

Maybe they take depth leadership in higgins? weber could just stay on their ahl team

if they want to dump him, maybe we can dump a contract of ours their way

1 minute ago, ShakyWalton said:

I hope it isnt us..go out and get a solid D somewhere..anywhere and quit jacking around with these waiver wire and projects.

I know its easier said than done but I would rather nothing than another project.

unless we put virtanen,boeser,mccann,hutton,tanev,edler horvat etc on the trade market we wont be trading for a good top 4 d man. Luckily enough we have $ to spend in FA if there is a D that Benning likes enough to throw some coin at

Projects are low risk, with moderate to higher reward, ala Etem Baertschi Vey etc. benning seems to like targeting under performers or players in need of a change. I would be shocked if Benning hasnt atleast inquired, but he isnt going to pay a premium thats for sure

1 minute ago, Yotes said:

unless we put virtanen,boeser,mccann,hutton,tanev,edler horvat etc on the trade market we wont be trading for a good top 4 d man. Luckily enough we have $ to spend in FA if there is a D that Benning likes enough to throw some coin at

Projects are low risk, with moderate to higher reward, ala Etem Baertschi Vey etc. benning seems to like targeting under performers or players in need of a change. I would be shocked if Benning hasnt atleast inquired, but he isnt going to pay a premium thats for sure

This is what I am hoping.

6 minutes ago, ShakyWalton said:

I hope it isnt us..go out and get a solid D somewhere..anywhere and quit jacking around with these waiver wire and projects.

I know its easier said than done but I would rather nothing than another project.

Exactly right.

1 minute ago, alfstonker said:

Unless we get him for spare change I wouldn't bite. I've watched him a lot and I can't say he is any better than what we have.

-15, -17, and -22 in his last 3 Oilers seasons. Move along, nothing to see here.

Bo Horvat:

-27 this season so far

-8 last season

The question is... Horvat, do we really want him?

Archived