The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL 17 Thread

MusclePharm

2 hours ago, Gyllenhaal said:

It's hockey, what can you really change?

Graphics, animations, physics, etc.

How about some new gameplay features that aren't rehashes?  Like really, tying guys up in front of the net?  They put that in NHL 12... it's not new, yet they trumpet it like it is.  It hardly looks any different than it does in previous years either.

One of the reasons I hate playing D in EASHL is there no real way to tie up or push guys out in front of the net so that needs to be added err um brought back.  Instead of having triangle(PS) instigate fights it should tie opponents up like when you pin them against the boards then just have L1 + triangle to start fights.  Also getting penalties for tripping while trying to block shots needs to be shored up.  How many times have you seen 2 or 3 people flop around because one guy tries to block a shot.  They went a little extreme with the collision physics imo.  I always been more about the features and additions they put into the game over gameplay but it seems like both are lacking now.

I actually hope they boost goalies and make them OP.  That way there will be no shortage of goalies to play drop ins and plus it would be fun to play goalie again (I completely avoided it this year).  It would also make it realistic as goalies are way too overpowered in real life with there pads lol.  And FFS make them able to stop wrap arounds.  Actually see peeps pulling a Gretzky and doing wrap arounds on breakaways, so much cheese Velveeta is filing for infringement.

On Thursday, July 14, 2016 at 9:45 PM, Jägermeister said:

Graphics, animations, physics, etc.

How about some new gameplay features that aren't rehashes?  Like really, tying guys up in front of the net?  They put that in NHL 12... it's not new, yet they trumpet it like it is.  It hardly looks any different than it does in previous years either.

Graphics didnt really need a change, they needed to focus on gameplay and AI. Animations have been added in, a lot of new goalie animations as well. We will be able to see the physics and all once the beta comes out in a little over a week.

Finding an EASHL game with randoms is an exercise in frustration. Really happy to hear people will stay in lobbies once a game is finished.  

EASHL looks to actually be fun and have meaning again. After they took out player attribute progression, I felt like I was playing for nothing. Obviously winning the cup, but things got boring with the same builds over and over again with no team customization.

Looks like I'll be back in action for NHL 17.

4 hours ago, Pears said:

The new legend cards are the nicest ones ever made in the 4 years of hut. By far. 

Agreed, the not a fan of the milestones and potg is ok just looks a little cartoonish. 

Theres a new trailer for HUT tomorrow.

I should of signed up, it's impossible to get a drop in game going now for NHL16.  Though I finally got my first win as a goalie the other day.  I was like a nun's hymen - nothing was getting through:bigblush:

I've played 4 games of EASHL and it seems loads better than 16 at this point. The gameplay is much smoother and faster. 

I don't like how you have to level up to change the colour of your stick tape and things like that though. It's a lazy way to have "progression" 

Archived