The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Impark Tickets....

Dick Long

18 minutes ago, Dick Long said:

Anyone ever pay them?

Anything these monkeys can do other than just harass the living hell out of people?

My buddy got an impark ticket, but he was able to fight it because he'd actually bought a parking receipt before work. He just phoned them up a day or two later and got it repealed.

31 minutes ago, Toni Zamboni said:

just "borrow" a ticket off of someone else's car and place it on yours.

Yeah.  Actually had an older one (only a couple weeks old) and tried to hide the number on the face up display.  Was ticketed for inappropriate ticket for that location.  My kid had a kidney infection and I spent six hours in emergency waiting for a doctor.  No chance of seeing the family doctor.  I wasn't gonna leave her in the hospital by herself so I can give them my spare change.  Heartless bastards.

2 hours ago, Dick Long said:

Anyone ever pay them?

Anything these monkeys can do other than just harass the living hell out of people?

I had a Commercial Sales job where I was downtown frequently but I only Parked for a few minutes at a time and moved around constantly. I never bought tickets because I would spend more time and money buying them than I spent parked there and it wasn't worth it. I racked up quite a few impark tickets and I never paid a single one. You have to be careful though. From what I understand, if you are flagged in their system for having what they consider too many unpaid parking tickets and you park in one of their lots (ie. on their property) they can have you towed. At which time you would have to pay all the outstanding tickets and the tow fee to get your vehicle back. My solution for that was getting a new license plate from ICBC periodically as it was cheaper to pay the plate fee than it was to pay the tickets and/or pay for parking. A suggestion from a friend that used to work at impark. Lol

Got a few impark tickets over a couple months. Never paid and they sent very official looking notices to pay but they have no way to enforce them. So I didnt pay and would not pay if I got a ticket again. I didnt park in a impark lot again until my plates had changed just in case.

Useless info: Impark is owned by the Ontario Teachers Pension Plan.

3 hours ago, Roger Neilson's Towel said:

I had a Commercial Sales job where I was downtown frequently but I only Parked for a few minutes at a time and moved around constantly. I never bought tickets because I would spend more time and money buying them than I spent parked there and it wasn't worth it. I racked up quite a few impark tickets and I never paid a single one. You have to be careful though. From what I understand, if you are flagged in their system for having what they consider too many unpaid parking tickets and you park in one of their lots (ie. on their property) they can have you towed. At which time you would have to pay all the outstanding tickets and the tow fee to get your vehicle back. My solution for that was getting a new license plate from ICBC periodically as it was cheaper to pay the plate fee than it was to pay the tickets and/or pay for parking. A suggestion from a friend that used to work at impark. Lol

Awesome. Thanks

10 hours ago, Roger Neilson's Towel said:

It's not true that you have to pay for all your tickets if you get towed. I worked at Aberdeen centre in Richmond and amassed over $5000 worth of tickets in a span of a year and got towed awhile back in another Impark lot (the area I park in the corner prevents my car from being towed in Aberdeen). A local towing company usually busters or rusty's comes and tows your car and all you have to do is pay for the 'release' of your vehicle and that's all. The towing company's don't care about your fines.

I also received letters stating that they will call up collection agency's and whatnot in order to 'deal' with me, but never happened in the end. 

Do not pay it... it's not government. They will harass you for weeks or even months but you don't have to pay it. The government won't punish you . I know this because i work for a municipality and we deal with them all the time.

On 5/26/2016 at 8:07 PM, Offensive Threat said:

Got a few impark tickets over a couple months. Never paid and they sent very official looking notices to pay but they have no way to enforce them. So I didnt pay and would not pay if I got a ticket again. I didnt park in a impark lot again until my plates had changed just in case.

Useless info: Impark is owned by the Ontario Teachers Pension Plan.

10 hours ago, LuckyLuciano said:

You don't have to pay them, but if you park on their lot and they run your plate they can tow you. 

I got a ticket from them but ended up getting new plates, so didn't end up paying them. 

Do y'all change your plates often in Canada, or was this just coincidence? 

On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 11:02 AM, gurn said:

^ Would all you free loaders please post where you work, just so employees of Impark will know where to get free stuff?

They are welcome to come and park.  For free.  Doubt there is much that they would want to take home though.

Archived