Sign in to follow this  
StealthNuck

Linden Vey | #7 | RW

Recommended Posts

After finding out what he's been through, he should be given another chance once all his crap is done with.  Strange how LA doesn't legally have to disclose this kind of information in a trade.

 

Had a tonne of potential as an AHL'er, hopefully he can put it together once his life cleans up

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd be willing to give Vey another chance, one year contract, could be some good depth for Utica.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Feel bad for the guy, I feel he needs more than 3 replies. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

Feel bad for the guy, I feel he needs more than 3 replies. 

This group traded Kassian and added a fifth just to dump the guy.  Then TL said, in response to criticism for not getting a better return, said something like: "you realize who we're trading, right?".  There is not much compassion here.  Vey will not get a qualifying offer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

This group traded Kassian and added a fifth just to dump the guy.  Then TL said, in response to criticism for not getting a better return, said something like: "you realize who we're trading, right?".  There is not much compassion here.  Vey will not get a qualifying offer. 

I bet WD goes on a hunger strike until he is given a qualifying offer. 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

Feel bad for the guy, I feel he needs more than 3 replies. 

Heh, in my head the players compare who has more replies/views.  Yes, my head can be a very pathetic world sometimes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LaBamba said:

I bet WD goes on a hunger strike until he is given a qualifying offer. 

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Heh, in my head the players compare who has more replies/views.  Yes, my head can be a very pathetic world sometimes.

We both high bro?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

We both high bro?

Sadly no, just really really tired.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎29‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 10:27 PM, 19Nazzy91 said:

I'd be willing to give Vey another chance, one year contract, could be some good depth for Utica.

Seriously, after the Sh**bleep this guy has been going through..... how could you not call him a dark horse?  Resign the guy, he's worth nothing on the market and he has an upside if he can get his head in the game.  He's a long shot but at the very least he is decent depth.

Same contract as last year.....he'll be very happy and it's chicken feed.

 

 

 

Edited by Crabcakes
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Crabcakes said:

Seriously, after the Sh**bleep this guy has been going through..... how could you not call him a dark horse?  Resign the guy, he's worth nothing on the market and he has an upside if he can get his head in the game.  He's a long shot but at the very least he is decent depth.

Same contract as last year.....he'll be very happy and it's chicken feed.

 

 

 

Considering how bad he was the year before and how bad his training camp was I would say he was one of the most improved players on the team last season.

 

If he didn't have such a punchbag looking face with no personality, a lot more people would like the poor bastard. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can say this much last 7 games or so last year looked like he belonged in the NHL,but then again he knew he had to show something or gone.We have a few that need to prove themselves and me I just think we need more picks and more reliable players to be playoff bound!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, DontMessMe said:

Did Benning mention he wants him to play one season in europe? 

I think he floated that idea out there.

 

It might be the best thing for him right now. Have him go play in the Swedish league for Modo or in Zurich with the Lions.

 

He's not making it in the NHL as a bottom 6 player, so he better refine his skill if he has any hope. Not sure the AHL will do him any good anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Edited by mll

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's too bad. I was hoping he'd get another chance after his family ordeal. Good luck wherever he will end up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

maybe looking for a lower $$$ value from Vey than the qualifying offer. 

 

Vey has Zero leverage right now, so they could offer him a lower salary than qualifying him. 

If they qualify him, then he will be at a min of $1 mill 

Edited by SpennyCanuck
may be... i could learn to spell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel awful for him as a person.  Can't even imagine what he has gone through.

 

But as a player I don't see the upside based on his play or skill set at the NHL level.   He isn't strong on the puck, can't win face offs, plays the perimeter and scored most of his points on the powerplay. (there were more deserving players - Hansen - who didn't receive that same opportunity) 

 

All the very best Linden and I hope you prove me and alot of other people wrong regarding your ability to play in the NHL.  Playing in Europe or the AHL isn't a bad career.  I would relish the opportunity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.