The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

UFC Sold for $4.2B

canucklehead80

12 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

What are they underpaid? or....

For the huge risks they are taking for their long term health, yes. Extremely underpaid. 

Tate made all of 45K when she beat Holm in her last fight. 

7 minutes ago, jono2009 said:

Ok reading the article.....where in there does it say WWE / Vince bought it? Am I missing something?

Vince McMahon is only worth like 1.2 billion. Even if he did have the cash to buy, i doubt he would with all of the concussion stuff coming out. 

I just see some random comments below the article of people talking about if it was shane or vince. haha

6 minutes ago, RRypien37 said:

For the huge risks they are taking for their long term health, yes. Extremely underpaid. 

Tate made all of 45K when she beat Holm in her last fight. 

And that was for the belt....

If the WWE buys the UFC it will make more money then ever before,but saying this lots of people will stop watching soon after as the WWE is all about media now and for a fighting sport I think WWE will take it a bit to far like they did with football.

It is not WWE, it is WME, an entertainment management group.  Includes the Krafts that own the Patriots.  Vince McMahon can't afford 4.2 B.

Great time to be getting out of the sport by the Fertitas, fighters are starting to demand fair pay and if the Ali act goes through in the US they will have to start reporting financials which will make it a lot harder to screw the fighters like they do.  Keeping Dana White is a mistake IMHO.  His time has come and gone.  

Great sport but the organization has not treated its athletes well.  Hopefully being managed by a entertainment management group, they will finally treat the talent well, the fighters deserve a lot better.

1 hour ago, ItsMillerTime said:

Wtf is this!!!!!!! No wonder guys like Rory Mcdonald and Gsp quit.

54 minutes ago, Stelar said:

ditto, also treatment of him by White was brutal..

1 hour ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

I stopped watching after GSP called it quits. He was my only real interest in it.

GSP is coming back. 

https://t.co/kiPFTe6zXA

Georges St-Pierre, a man widely considered to be the greatest welterweight to ever compete in mixed martial arts, is ready to give it one more good run. St-Pierre announced Monday on The MMA Hour that he has decided to end his nearly three-year hiatus and return to the Octagon, provided that his management and the UFC are able to come to terms on a deal.

Archived