Etem-Granlund-Dorsett

Pedan

Edler-Tanev

Hutton-Gudbranson

Sbisa-Tree

Larsen

Miller

Markstrom

I realize that might be our best group of top nine forwards, but are we too easy to play against in that group?

14 minutes ago, playboi19 said:

Sedin-Sedin-Eriksson

Baertschi-Sutter-Hansen

Burrows-Horvat-Rodin

Etem-Granlund-Dorsett

Pedan

Edler-Tanev

Hutton-Gudbranson

Sbisa-Tree

Larsen

Miller

Markstrom

This will probably be the line up except change out Rodin for Virtanen. Gaunce should be the 13th forward and Rodin starts the season in Utica on rehabilitation stint. Pedan will be on the D unless we get decimated with injuries. 

Dare I say...

Baertschi Sedin Erikkson

Sedin Horvat Rodin

Etem Sutter Hansen

Gaunce Granlund Dorsett

Burrows

Edler Tanev

Hutton Gudbrandson

Sbisa Tryamkin

Larsen

Let's not forget how both the Sedin's were able to be successful when the other was injured for longer periods of time in their careers. Time to split them up and spread the love and reap the rewards. I mean c'mon it's been 15 odd years and still no one has had the balls to see what happens when you split them up other than for a few shifts here and there. Time to roll the dice. And let's be honest, it's not like they are the backhand, no-look, (how did they even do that?) passing wizards that they once were. Plus I think Horvat could go beast mode if he was getting fed the puck from the likes of Danny off the wing. Even if it wasn't sustainable over a longer period, I would really like to see how it works over at least a 10-20 game stretch!

On 2016-09-05 at 8:25 PM, playboi19 said:

Sedin-Sedin-Eriksson

Baertschi-Sutter-Hansen

Etem-Horvat-Burrows

Grenier -Granlund -Dorsett

Rodin (ease him in slowly till ready for NA game full time at which point you trade Hansen amd bring up Gaunce or JV)

Edler-Tanev

Hutton-Gudbranson

Sbisa-Tree

Larsen Pedan

Miller

Markstrom

Zalewski may take Grenier spot depending on who has the best preseason and deserves the spot (both waiver eligible)

On 2016-09-02 at 7:04 AM, Odjick_fan said:

lol yes I totally agree that that would not benefit Canucks at all if that trade were to happen.  

With the Bruins signing Moore another Centre, you gotta wonder if the Edler-Krejci trade might become a reality.  This trade would solve Canucks 1C in the next couple of years, also Krejci has talked to media about his displeasure with the B's so maybe it will happen soon.

Would it be a 1 for 1 ????

As i would think we would need more as Krejci is injury prone and D are worth way more that forwards (HALL/LARSON)

So i would expect a 2nd and 3rd or a first to come to us ???

4 hours ago, Outsiders said:

Like it but would rather have Gaunce centre Burrows and Dorsett instead of Granlund

Because Guance's 1 point in 20 games with a -9 was more impressive than Granlunds 3 points in 16 games with a -3?

Not sure why so many are so quick to write Grandlund off after so few games played here.

41 minutes ago, RogersTowell said:

Or Virtanen.

I hope that they put JV in the A for the year to get his confidence and learn to play the pro game (GREEN is better for him than WD)

I think this would be the best for his FUTURE and he can also be called up a few times as well

And if the Baby Nucks can get into the PLAYOFFS then him, Gaunce and other kids  will gain great experience

10 hours ago, Baggins said:

Because Guance's 1 point in 20 games with a -9 was more impressive than Granlunds 3 points in 16 games with a -3?

Not sure why so many are so quick to write Grandlund off after so few games played here.

Gaunce to me has more grit and grind that Granlund and has a better Face-off %. I just feel Gaunce fits that line/role better

1 minute ago, Outsiders said:

Gaunce to me has more grit and grind that Granlund and has a better Face-off %. I just feel Gaunce fits that line/role better

It would probably not be the same line definition - different linemates and usage.

Gaunce would make for a more traditional 4th line.  WD talks of how he accepted that his entry in the league would be as an energy/shut-down player.  I am not sure Granlund would have that same role on the 4th line.  

He says it's easier for him to play with skilled guys because playing with 4th liners forces him to change his game.  WD never had him with Dorsett, Gaunce or even Burrows.  He had him with Baertschi (whenever both healthy) and mostly Virtanen.  

This.  WD will change lineups like the wind though:

Sedin - Sedin - Hansen

Eriksson - Sutter - Rodin

Baertschi - Horvat - Burrows

Etem - Granlund - Virtanen

Dorsett

Edler - Tanev

Hutton - Gudbranson

Sbisa - Tryamkin

Larsen

PowerPlay:  Sedin - Sedin - Eriksson

Sedin - Sedin - Eriksson

Baertschi - Sutter - Rodin

Burrows- Horvat - Hansen

Dorsett - Granlund - Ruutu

Etem/ Guance

Eagle - Tanev

Hutton - Gudbranson

Sbisa - Larsson

Tryamkin

Miller

Markstrom

1. Jake Virtanen probably does not make the opening roster unless he really impresses at camp. If he does it will be at the expense of Etem or Guance. Probably in lieu of Etem because Guance has a much better work ethic. As noted by Trevor Linden on several occasions.

2. Rodin will get a shot in the top 9. I suspect in the top 6. If you look at his game does not play a style suited for the bottom 6, 3rd line would be a stretch for his game. This is his last shot and the NHL and its boom or bust. he will get 25 games at least.

3. Pedan gets sent down. I don't think he impresses enough to get a shot on opening night, mostly because I believe Tryamkin will outplay him. He will probably come back mid season and stick after some injuries.

4. Larsson get spot on the third pairing with Sbisa. Same reasoning as Rodin. Also, Sbisa and Larsson would be a good mix of speed, skill and toughness. A lesser version of Hutton and Gudbanson.

5. Ruutu makes the team on the 4th line. I just have a feeling.

On 2016-09-16 at 10:19 PM, Vancity87 said:

Sedin - Sedin - Eriksson

Burrows- Horvat - Hansen

Dorsett - Granlund - Ruutu

Etem/ Guance

Eagle - Tanev

Hutton - Gudbranson

Sbisa - Larsson

Tryamkin

Miller

Markstrom

1. Jake Virtanen probably does not make the opening roster unless he really impresses at camp. If he does it will be at the expense of Etem or Guance. Probably in lieu of Etem because Guance has a much better work ethic. As noted by Trevor Linden on several occasions.

2. Rodin will get a shot in the top 9. I suspect in the top 6. If you look at his game does not play a style suited for the bottom 6, 3rd line would be a stretch for his game. This is his last shot and the NHL and its boom or bust. he will get 25 games at least.

3. Pedan gets sent down. I don't think he impresses enough to get a shot on opening night, mostly because I believe Tryamkin will outplay him. He will probably come back mid season and stick after some injuries.

4. Larsson get spot on the third pairing with Sbisa. Same reasoning as Rodin. Also, Sbisa and Larsson would be a good mix of speed, skill and toughness. A lesser version of Hutton and Gudbanson.

5. Ruutu makes the team on the 4th line. I just have a feeling.

Sedin - Sedin - Eriksson

ETEM - Horvat - Hansen

BURROWS - Granlund - DORSETT

GRENIER

Eagle - Tanev

Hutton - Gudbranson

Sbisa - Larsson

Tryamkin PEDAN

Miller

Markstrom

1) Pedan wont be sent down as he will get claimed (JB said they are starting with 8 D)

2) Trevor said he was impressed with Etem and WD says he like Bo and Etem together

3) I think it will be hard for Ruutu or any PTO to make it with Grenier and Zalewski having to clear waivers

On July 3, 2016 at 5:41 PM, shayster007 said:

I don't think we see Jake in the opening lineup. I think he's sent down and plays top line minutes in Utica. 

Sedin-Sedin-Eriksson

Baertschi-Horvat-Rodin

Etem-Sutter-Hansen

Burrows-Gralund-Dorsett

Pedan

Edler-Tanev

Hutton-Gudbranson

Sbisa-Tryamkin

Larsen

Miller/Marky split

Pedan is 4th line fill in and Larson is 7th D

I predict this will be correct. Hope to see Pedan take Burrows spot on the 4th line and add some toughness up front 

21 hours ago, Freaky Freak said:

Sedin - Sedin - Eriksson

ETEM - Horvat - Hansen

BURROWS - Granlund - DORSETT

GRENIER

Eagle - Tanev

Hutton - Gudbranson

Sbisa - Larsson

Tryamkin PEDAN

Miller

Markstrom

1) Pedan wont be sent down as he will get claimed (JB said they are starting with 8 D)

2) Trevor said he was impressed with Etem and WD says he like Bo and Etem together

3) I think it will be hard for Ruutu or any PTO to make it with Grenier and Zalewski having to clear waivers

I like the looks of your line up as well. It will be an interesting camp.

Archived