The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC rally for desi!!!!

ILL BILL NECRO

Bring back Desi?  

75 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 hours ago, Wild Sean Monahan said:

I'm really curious to see if Alf returns- the timing of his disappearance is a little suspicious. If Alf was a desi dupe, that's just some masterful trolling on both accounts.

His profile says he was active 50 minutes ago.    He is still around.  

Like or hate Desi he was the ultimate heel. If you didn't take him seriously he was as comical as it gets.

How fun would professional wrestling be without the bad guys? How good would the Simpsons be without Mr Burns? Or the NHL without the Toronto Maple leafs.

We need Desi to keep things balanced. If everyone agreed it would be a pretty boring place. As crazy as he was I don't Remeber him personally attacking people. Not nearly as much as people personally attacked him. Sometimes, completely unjustified. If he reported all of these attacks and the mods acted on every post that personally attacked him without provoking someone would be suspended every day. 

I don't know what was done internally to warrant a ban, but I don't think it's right to silence a guy with a different view of things. 

Over the years there have been some pretty big D-heAds on these boards who personally attacked people. Shawn Rocker, King of the ES to name a few but Desi was just Desi. He was harmless. 

9 hours ago, Wild Sean Monahan said:

I'm really curious to see if Alf returns- the timing of his disappearance is a little suspicious. If Alf was a desi dupe, that's just some masterful trolling on both accounts.

If they are in fact, the same, dude deserves a huge round of applause. I'm really curious now though, cause Alf hasn't been around since the ban hammer went to Desi...

1 hour ago, HC20.0 said:

If they are in fact, the same, dude deserves a huge round of applause. I'm really curious now though, cause Alf hasn't been around since the ban hammer went to Desi...

Drummerboy said he was active this evening but it's not like Alf to hold his tongue this long. It's suspicious.

On 7/10/2016 at 7:49 PM, LaBamba said:

Like or hate Desi he was the ultimate heel. If you didn't take him seriously he was as comical as it gets.

How fun would professional wrestling be without the bad guys? How good would the Simpsons be without Mr Burns? Or the NHL without the Toronto Maple leafs.

We need Desi to keep things balanced. If everyone agreed it would be a pretty boring place. As crazy as he was I don't Remeber him personally attacking people. Not nearly as much as people personally attacked him. Sometimes, completely unjustified. If he reported all of these attacks and the mods acted on every post that personally attacked him without provoking someone would be suspended every day. 

I don't know what was done internally to warrant a ban, but I don't think it's right to silence a guy with a different view of things. 

Over the years there have been some pretty big D-heAds on these boards who personally attacked people. Shawn Rocker, King of the ES to name a few but Desi was just Desi. He was harmless. 

I agree with your post, especially the highlighted part. I've been on these boards for awhile now and it always bothers me when people get booted for voicing different opinions. As others have mentioned, Desi never made personal attacks towards others (at least not that I know of) and was pretty harmless.

I think this frustration with not being able to express a different point of view on certain topics is why Ambien ended up getting banned. I know that this is a forum and the idea of "freedom of speech" doesn't necessarily apply but still...

Just my $0.02 on this. Hopefully Desi can come back and bring some flavor.

On July 10, 2016 at 10:04 AM, Wild Sean Monahan said:

Alf loaded up the scooter into the Winnebago and went on vacation. Probably out adopting cats from shelters in the hinterlands.

On 2016-07-13 at 9:40 AM, babych said:

I think this frustration with not being able to express a different point of view on certain topics is why Ambien ended up getting banned. I know that this is a forum and the idea of "freedom of speech" doesn't necessarily apply but still...

Ambien was banned for repeatedly defying a moderator's warnings to cease and desist. And then taking on said moderator in a public thread. He deserved to be banned for it and was. (And was not  banned by the moderator he was having the issue with, either.) Others have been banned from this board for exactly the same reason. It wasn't 'frustration', it was out and out calling out a moderator and refusing to heed the warnings to stop his 'against the board rules' behavior. I'm sure the warning level he already had put him over the limit, as well.

On 7/10/2016 at 6:49 PM, LaBamba said:

Don't worry, he will make another account and hate on Benning's every move like the troll he is.

Archived