The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Rangers sign F Brandon Pirri [1 year x $1.1M]

Looks like JB has complete faith in Rodin and Virtanen! And that's cool.... since a number of you don't want Kane to come.... and Landeskog would cost us Edler/Tanev + Horvat.... as long as we get the signal of rebuilding, then we won't even need to discuss possible upgrades.... just need to get used to seeing a half empty building on most nights....

51 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I think elvis doesn't appreciate how many posters have an interest in Grimace.

Oh no, clearly there's interest. It just has nothing to do with anything hockey rumour related he might be tweeting. 4th post into a trade and Ossi mentions him, followed by yours not long after and all the rest recently (funny, but hardly on topic). Not many people defending this guy as a legit source.

3 hours ago, J.R. said:

Hoping he gets put with Sutter and Eriksson for the most part. Still allows them to 'shelter' him with two very savvy, veteran forwards but gives him some talent to play with.

All three are good-great defensively, Sutter's good at draws which should get them possession, Eriksson is a great finisher, Sutter certainly less so but has a great shot, all three can skate.

Add Horvat's line sharing defensive duties to lighten the load there and that should let Baer have space to get a bit creative and set those two up all day long.

I agree. I am hoping we see these lines-  Provide balance, and a bit of sheltering for all our young players

Sedin Sedin Hansen

Baer Sutter Eriksson

Burrows Horvat Rodin

Virtanen Gaunce/Granlund Dorsett

30 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

Oh no, clearly there's interest. It just has nothing to do with anything hockey rumour related he might be tweeting.

So? Is there a mandatory requirement that all posters stay on topic and not deviate from the subject matter? Clearly not, or I wouldn't still be here.:lol:

4th post into a trade and Ossi mentions him, followed by yours not long after and all the rest recently (funny, but hardly on topic). Not many people defending this guy as a legit source.

It's summer, elvis. Posters are having fun at the expense of a ridiculous Twitter source who will most likely disappear into the ether sooner than later. I'd understand if the thread was a repeat or clone of a pre-existing one, but the mention of purplegrimace in a trade thread is no big thing. I mean, how else would we have found out that the OG Grimace was meant to be the "embodiment of a milkshake"?

I consider my life richer for knowing that.

5 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

So? Is there a mandatory requirement that all posters stay on topic and not deviate from the subject matter? Clearly not, or wouldn't still be here.:lol:

It's summer, elvis. Posters are having fun at the expense of a ridiculous Twitter source who will most likely disappear into the ether sooner than later. I'd understand if the thread was a repeat or clone of a pre-existing one, but the mention of purplegrimace in a trade thread is no big thing. I mean, how else would we have found out that the OG Grimace was meant to be the "embodiment of a milkshake"?

I consider my life richer for knowing that.

Oh, I'm all for a little fun. I don't think Ossi had fun in mind when he created that thread to discredit a guy people were already laughing at. He's smarter than that, and I thought smarter than to get worked up over someone fairly calling him out on it.

And, like, triple thick richer? Or maybe triple doughnut and chocolate coated bacon richer?

77a847bad024bc921e6074d4a802110b.jpg

Now I want a milkshake...

If Pirri remained a UFA this long and ended up with a 1 year, 1 mil contract, perhaps there is reason 29 other teams weren't lining up to pay like Fry meme.

I say the same about Hudler.  1 year, 2 mil for a 30 goal scorer, who lead the Flames in scoring.  

When UFA's sit this long and then end up with discount contracts, perhaps there is a reason Campy Uncle Jim wasn't targeting them.

18 minutes ago, Nuckles80 said:

I agree. I am hoping we see these lines-  Provide balance, and a bit of sheltering for all our young players

Sedin Sedin Hansen

Baer Sutter Eriksson

Burrows Horvat Rodin

Virtanen Gaunce/Granlund Dorsett

As I posted elsewhere...

I don't see Rodin with Horvat at all. Same story as WD not wanting Baer on that line if possible as they don't have overly complimentary play styles. If he makes it, it's either miraculously top 6 (not likely) or a sheltered 'offensive' 4th line with Granlund IMO.

Say what you want about Dors but he pairs well with Horvat and he's the best we've got given the makeup WD wants for that line (counter attacking, tenacious puck pursuit) unless we can find someone to bump Hansen down to that spot. Or perhaps if Virtanen comes out looking BEAST. That said, I doubt they go with that much youth on Horvat's line (Etem, Horvat, Virtanen). Maybe Burr and Dorsett swap but at this point I think Dorsett's speed trumps Burrows there.

7 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

Oh, I'm all for a little fun. I don't think Ossi had fun in mind when he created that thread to discredit a guy people were already laughing at. He's smarter than that, and I thought smarter than to get worked up over someone fairly calling him out on it.

And, like, triple thick richer? Or maybe triple doughnut and chocolate coated bacon richer?

77a847bad024bc921e6074d4a802110b.jpg

Now I want a milkshake...

That looks delicious.

I think Ossi made a one line comment on purplegrimace. And if he did, what's the harm? If purplegrimace (I never thought I'd be writing this sentence) wants to make predictions and suppositions regarding hockey trades or signings, then they are putting themselves at the behest of the public.

5 hours ago, nazzymx said:

The signing of Hudler and Pirri makes me think that the Canucks are brewing a trade.

A package that includes Edler/Landeskog.

Or the fact that players don't want to sign here because better teams going somewhere want them instead

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

That looks delicious.

I think Ossi made a one line comment on purplegrimace. And if he did, what's the harm? If purplegrimace (I never thought I'd be writing this sentence) wants to make predictions and suppositions regarding hockey trades or signings, then they are putting themselves at the behest of the public.

Yup, and I made a one line comment as well, then talked about Pirri. He didn't like that apparently, perhaps also as a part of the thread he made on this guy getting locked.

Hell, I'm one of the first to point out how much trust you should put in a source who's handle is a McDonald's character (and I did so in the first thread I saw him used in, as did many, many others), but creating a thread to talk about the guy should open Ossi up to some commentary himself.

13 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

Yup, and I made a one line comment as well, then talked about Pirri. He didn't like that apparently, perhaps also as a part of the thread he made on this guy getting locked.

Hell, I'm one of the first to point out how much trust you should put in a source who's handle is a McDonald's character (and I did so in the first thread I saw him used in, as did many, many others), but creating a thread to talk about the guy should open Ossi up to some commentary himself.

Fair enough. 

30 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Money talks in professional sports.

There are many instances where that isn't true, some players don't want to play for a team that is going to miss the playoffs when they can play for contenders;  this thread is no difference and so does the Hamhuis and Hudler threads

11 minutes ago, mpt said:

There are many instances where that isn't true, some players don't want to play for a team that is going to miss the playoffs when they can play for contenders;  this thread is no difference and so does the Hamhuis and Hudler threads

Sure. 

Archived