The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Definitive Thread of Unequivocal Boredom

Rate this topic

Tre Mac

Sort of a confession of mine ~

I'm not too crazy about Seattle, and have been sort of looking at other areas to live.

I went to Spokane on Friday.  There is a Junior Hockey team, they have an International airport, I really like the parks, and the Riverfront is really nice, and the shopping and restaurants are great. And so far, everyone is nice and very helpful.  I think I need go back there more, and really get a feel for it, before I take any leaps.  The airport is quick to get through, and there are flights to Seattle, San Francisco, and Chicago, and other areas. When I saw the flight to Chicago, I was thinking, I could go to Montreal from Spokane by taking a flight to Chicago and up to Montreal, or taking a day trip to San Francisco.  

I have some things to consider.  Take the leap, or sign another lease, or sign a sort term lease where I am at now.  I really like the outdoors and cheaper cost of living.  So next time, I need to explore more and look at the employment, and see if there are other areas I may like. 

Edited by brilac

This is how you do champagne!  I know I will be a little of a lush after I am done with this.  It's not the average serving of champagne.  It's 2.5 times larger.  I have cut down on the wine and champagne, but the weather change has made me sleepy and hungry, and I usually have a glass when I am at a restaurant.

As for the cassette player, I got that at a second hand shop on Saturday.  It looks very cool, and I had to have it! And for the Marc Jacobs bag, I bought it in Spokane.  It's a step up from my usual Marc by Marc Jacobs bags.  I like to say - Marc Jacobs.  Not Marc by Marc Jacobs, but Marc Jacobs.

Screenshot_2018-10-03-18-24-17-2.png.ecdbcc0ab82481e17b4e7a20122c8c0b.png

Edited by brilac
Edit - And I bought a matching wallet as well, Marc Jacobs. And oh wow, they only charged me $7.99 for my lushness! I am totally drunk right now. This must have been more than 2.5 glasses!
  • Cheers 1
On 10/10/2018 at 12:07 PM, Tre Mac said:

Haven't had a drink since the summer(early Aug.)  I am not much of a drinker but that means all I've had since then is water. 

I not much of a drinker either.  I've cut down on the wine and champagne, and I don't drink hard liquor or those fancy drinks.  The last time I had the champagne was the date listed above in this thread.  

I used to drink a lot of wine and champagne last year, and then I joined the gym and cut down.

Edited by brilac

I got my hair cut today.  I'm not too crazy about the cut.  I look like a mushroom!  And I can't stop looking in the mirror laughing and in astonishment. My hairdresser shaved the sides and layered it at the top.  I didn't think anything of it at first, but she kept shaving the sides.  

Oh boy, and I'm having trouble trying to style it in a way I like, and keep telling myself these sides will grow back in a month and perhaps I can style it in a week or two that I like, or I can either wear the Vancouver Canucks hat or the Montreal Canadiens hat.  It is Hockey season you know.  At least I'm positive and laughing!

Edited by brilac
  • Upvote 1
On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 5:07 PM, brilac said:

I got my hair cut today.  I'm not too crazy about the cut.  I look like a mushroom!  And I can't stop looking in the mirror laughing and in astonishment. My hairdresser shaved the sides and layered it at the top.  I didn't think anything of it at first, but she kept shaving the sides.  

Oh boy, and I'm having trouble trying to style it in a way I like, and keep telling myself these sides will grow back in a month and perhaps I can style it in a week or two that I like, or I can either wear the Vancouver Canucks hat or the Montreal Canadiens hat.  It is Hockey season you know.  At least I'm positive and laughing!

Lots of stylish canuck hats out there! Getting a bad haircut sucks, luckily I found a good barber.  He's a pro and takes only 5 min to cut, which is impressive.  I once tried this barbershop and the guy was literally 80yo lol.  He gave such a bad haircut that I had to instantly go to someone else to clean it up lol.

4 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Lots of stylish canuck hats out there! Getting a bad haircut sucks, luckily I found a good barber.  He's a pro and takes only 5 min to cut, which is impressive.  I once tried this barbershop and the guy was literally 80yo lol.  He gave such a bad haircut that I had to instantly go to someone else to clean it up lol.

I know, it's the Montreal Canadiens hat with the matching watch today.  Tomorrow it is the Vancouver Canucks hat with the matching shirt.

My hair is looking better.  I have been taking glucosamine pills.  Anything to make those sides grow faster.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Coming down with a nasty cold, thank god I got tomorrow off.  Trying to stay awake long enough to get through the last 30min of work.

I have a massive headache and my head is hot.  It's been occurring for a few days.

I have 2.25 hours left of work.

Edited by brilac
Just now, brilac said:

I have a massive headache and my head is hot.  It's been occurring for a few days.

I had a headache yesterday, that came first along with one of the worst sore throats I've ever endured, today I am just sapped of all energy. 

My cat, who is 13, has kidney disease.  This is very common in older cats, and I feel I am not doing enough or have all the information I need.  She's my baby, I have had her since she was 6 weeks.  This is the cat who brought me home a feather every day and stood at the end of the yard waiting for me to get home when I was working 2 jobs in 2006.  This is the cat who attached my boyfriend at the time when he was saying things to me that I did not like and she was listening.  He went to pet her while she was next to me, and she attacked. He thought she was vile and I thought she was great. She is also the cat when we were watching Hockey and she ran up to the TV and tried to bat a the puck, as well as the time when we were watching the Habs close up, she was in her kitty chair next to me and I was in my computer chair in front of the TV, and she was glued to the TV! This is the cat who would not let the pet sitter in.  What cat does not let the pet sitter in?!  This is also the cat who roll overs like a dog showing her belly every time I get home.  She drops to the ground and does her roll over dance! 

I know this is common, and she is old.  But I need the information I need, and I feel it is not 100% of the information I am receiving.  She was diabetic when she was 10, and one vet told me she would be diabetic the rest of her life.  I was not accepting it, so I took her to another vet and got a second opinion, and 9 months later, she was in remission.  I know that kidney disease is not reversible, but I need more information to slow down the progress.  Whatever I can do.  

12 hours ago, brilac said:

My cat, who is 13, has kidney disease.  This is very common in older cats, and I feel I am not doing enough or have all the information I need.  She's my baby, I have had her since she was 6 weeks.  This is the cat who brought me home a feather every day and stood at the end of the yard waiting for me to get home when I was working 2 jobs in 2006.  This is the cat who attached my boyfriend at the time when he was saying things to me that I did not like and she was listening.  He went to pet her while she was next to me, and she attacked. He thought she was vile and I thought she was great. She is also the cat when we were watching Hockey and she ran up to the TV and tried to bat a the puck, as well as the time when we were watching the Habs close up, she was in her kitty chair next to me and I was in my computer chair in front of the TV, and she was glued to the TV! This is the cat who would not let the pet sitter in.  What cat does not let the pet sitter in?!  This is also the cat who roll overs like a dog showing her belly every time I get home.  She drops to the ground and does her roll over dance! 

I know this is common, and she is old.  But I need the information I need, and I feel it is not 100% of the information I am receiving.  She was diabetic when she was 10, and one vet told me she would be diabetic the rest of her life.  I was not accepting it, so I took her to another vet and got a second opinion, and 9 months later, she was in remission.  I know that kidney disease is not reversible, but I need more information to slow down the progress.  Whatever I can do.  

Sorry to hear about your cat, unfortunately my cat had the same thing.  Best of luck.

8 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Sorry to hear about your cat, unfortunately my cat had the same thing.  Best of luck.

How did you treat that?  Did your vet recommend anything to help slow the progression? My vet recommended that I keep her on the same food - Tiki Cat, and I give her omega 3 supplements.  I don't feel that is enough, and may take her to another vet for a second opinion.

I'm kind of irked. The vet knew about this last year when the cat had a blood work up. Her kidney levels were at 1.6, and the vet was not really sure if she was starting kidney disease, and told me that this was common in older cats, and did not recommend anything to me.  This year, her kidney levels are at 2.4.  We did an urine test as well as take her blood pressure. Her urine is fine, but shows her kidneys are not functioning 100%, and she does not have high blood pressure.

Keep hearing from people who are above 30 or who are married that occasions like Halloween aren't for them, and sometimes they don't even attend the parties if they are invited or they leave early.  While there is some basis (more so for singles to meet and get drunk, party, etc.) but would they not be able to at least enjoy occasions??

Edited by Phil_314
31 minutes ago, Phil_314 said:

Keep hearing from people who are above 30 or who are married that occasions like Halloween aren't for them, and sometimes they don't even attend the parties if they are invited or they leave early.  While there is some basis (more so for singles to meet and get drunk, party, etc.) but would they not be able to at least enjoy occasions??

those people are boring. 

17 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

that is really boring into my personality. everyone get there eventually. we'll save you a spot at boreville manor.

thanks Joe, but I'm pretty much a child in a suit, my wife thinks I'll probably never really grow up. 

20 hours ago, brilac said:

How did you treat that?  Did your vet recommend anything to help slow the progression? My vet recommended that I keep her on the same food - Tiki Cat, and I give her omega 3 supplements.  I don't feel that is enough, and may take her to another vet for a second opinion.

I'm kind of irked. The vet knew about this last year when the cat had a blood work up. Her kidney levels were at 1.6, and the vet was not really sure if she was starting kidney disease, and told me that this was common in older cats, and did not recommend anything to me.  This year, her kidney levels are at 2.4.  We did an urine test as well as take her blood pressure. Her urine is fine, but shows her kidneys are not functioning 100%, and she does not have high blood pressure.

It was awhile ago but both the vet and I thought it would be best if we put her down.  It escalated rather quickly and I didn't think it was best for her to have to go through dialysis every week.