The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Definitive Thread of Unequivocal Boredom

Rate this topic

Tre Mac

On ‎4‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 12:11 PM, -AJ- said:

Very slow day at work today. Nothing to do and the boss isn't around to give me any tasks. The whole accounting department is just killing time, lol.

Those days are nice here and there but I found it makes the work week go by slowly if you're not busy.  Me on the other hand have been going full throttle all month with even more to do next month.  The bright side is the days are flying by but the downer is I am pretty wiped at the end of the day to do anything social.

• 2 weeks later...

Been working OT and notice that even though I get paid double time, the amount on my cheque is practically straight time.  Dam you taxman.

Image result for taxman

Any who, gonna make me some Tom Collins and head to the beach for some geets in the sun.  I haven't had a drink since winter.

• Upvote 1
  • 4 weeks later...

So I can be a little odd at times, and loopy when. I am sick or when the allergies are hitting my head.  Today, I went to Bartell Drugs.  I needed drugs for my sickness or allergies.  I got drugs, but there were choices of the pshuphed, whatever you call it.  So I spoke with the 

Pharmacist, and took her recommendation of which choice.  I was confused and loopy.  

Then I pulled up my list on my cell phone, and I needed Coconut oil, Vitamin E cream, and vaseline, all for my face.  Vaseline for under the eyes.  I heard can work just as great as an under eye cream as well as for chapped lips, and I wanted to try it, as well as the Vitamin E cream for a moisturizer.  the vaseline was $2.79, and I was like - I can get that for $1.99 at the QFC!  I have been using Estee Lauder, but that is really expensive, but then again, I paid to get the upgrade to First Class to Alaska and back on Saturday.  The trip for Coach was free anyways.  I used by airline miles, but I rarely fly coach to Montreal, and I sit close to the ice at Hockey games, and spurge on handbags.  

I'm still loopy and cannot talk that great, and took pshuphed, whatever you spell it or call it. 

• Cheers 1
11 hours ago, brilac said:

So I can be a little odd at times, and loopy when. I am sick or when the allergies are hitting my head.  Today, I went to Bartell Drugs.  I needed drugs for my sickness or allergies.  I got drugs, but there were choices of the pshuphed, whatever you call it.  So I spoke with the 

Pharmacist, and took her recommendation of which choice.  I was confused and loopy.  

Then I pulled up my list on my cell phone, and I needed Coconut oil, Vitamin E cream, and vaseline, all for my face.  Vaseline for under the eyes.  I heard can work just as great as an under eye cream as well as for chapped lips, and I wanted to try it, as well as the Vitamin E cream for a moisturizer.  the vaseline was $2.79, and I was like - I can get that for $1.99 at the QFC!  I have been using Estee Lauder, but that is really expensive, but then again, I paid to get the upgrade to First Class to Alaska and back on Saturday.  The trip for Coach was free anyways.  I used by airline miles, but I rarely fly coach to Montreal, and I sit close to the ice at Hockey games, and spurge on handbags.  

I'm still loopy and cannot talk that great, and took pshuphed, whatever you spell it or call it. 

Allergies are insane this year!  I haven't taking any meds for my allergies in years and I thought I kind of built up an immunity to them but not this year.  Thank god we have a sauna in our building, 30min in that and it melts all the stuffiness away.  Hopefully all this pollen will wash away this weekend because I don't feel like taking allergy meds anymore.

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Allergies are insane this year!  I haven't taking any meds for my allergies in years and I thought I kind of built up an immunity to them but not this year.  Thank god we have a sauna in our building, 30min in that and it melts all the stuffiness away.  Hopefully all this pollen will wash away this weekend because I don't feel like taking allergy meds anymore.

Yeah this is tough this year.  The drugs I have been taking, at least my head is clear.  I'm still a little loopy, and cannot really talk. 

• 1 month later...

I used to frequent the restaurants a lot, as well as drink wine.  I've cut down on the wine, and drink more Kombucha.  When I lived on the Olympic Peninsula, I used to drink 2 glasses to a bottle some days, not everyday, but some.  I was a lush, and really enjoyed the local wineries.  I was 22.  Plus I really enjoyed taking the ferry over to Victoria, and really enjoyed drinking wine at the Vista 18 while enjoying the view from that place.  I had a boyfriend who introduced me to that place, and from then on, I really liked that place. He was spot on about that.  And 13 years later, I still go there whenever I go to Victoria. 

Anyhow, I used to go to Vancouver, and especially during Hockey season.  I had the Ice Pack, so I would fly up there, and sometimes take the bus or train.  There's this dessert place I really like, and would go there to have dessert with wine or coffee, depending on the time of day.  I would go there, sit near the window, and order the same thing either paired with wine or coffee.  And I was telling a co-worker today, how one day, I found it funny that the gal knew where I liked to sit and what I liked to order.  I wouldn't say much, I would order, eat dessert, drink my wine or coffee, look at the window at the people or cars, whatever was going on, and pick up my phone a few times.  I didn't realized that I went there often, it was just something I would do when I got to Vancouver.  

On August 2, 2018 at 10:50 PM, brilac said:

I used to frequent the restaurants a lot, as well as drink wine.  I've cut down on the wine, and drink more Kombucha.  When I lived on the Olympic Peninsula, I used to drink 2 glasses to a bottle some days, not everyday, but some.  I was a lush, and really enjoyed the local wineries.  I was 22.  Plus I really enjoyed taking the ferry over to Victoria, and really enjoyed drinking wine at the Vista 18 while enjoying the view from that place.  I had a boyfriend who introduced me to that place, and from then on, I really liked that place. He was spot on about that.  And 13 years later, I still go there whenever I go to Victoria. 

Anyhow, I used to go to Vancouver, and especially during Hockey season.  I had the Ice Pack, so I would fly up there, and sometimes take the bus or train.  There's this dessert place I really like, and would go there to have dessert with wine or coffee, depending on the time of day.  I would go there, sit near the window, and order the same thing either paired with wine or coffee.  And I was telling a co-worker today, how one day, I found it funny that the gal knew where I liked to sit and what I liked to order.  I wouldn't say much, I would order, eat dessert, drink my wine or coffee, look at the window at the people or cars, whatever was going on, and pick up my phone a few times.  I didn't realized that I went there often, it was just something I would do when I got to Vancouver.  

That sounds like a lot of fun.  I personally don't eat out much but if I did it would be desserts as well.  There is this Belgium waffle place near my house I might try, some of their food sure looks tasty. 

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

That sounds like a lot of fun.  I personally don't eat out much but if I did it would be desserts as well.  There is this Belgium waffle place near my house I might try, some of their food sure looks tasty. 

That sounds very tasty.  I've been eating cookie butter with fruit, and that would be very tasty on top of Belgium waffles with fruit.  Cookie butter is great.  It's 90 calories a serving, and tastes great with fruit.  

I was thinking the time when I did the Grouse Grind Challenge, and thinking while doing it, there's pancakes at the top.  I've done the Grouse Grind 2x.  The first time I did it, someone called me, and I was like - oh yeah, just doing the Grouse Grind.  I am either going to do it in August or September, but it is hot right now.  It was 91F in Seattle today, so the weather is probably hot in Vancouver. 

• Upvote 1

I was thinking the time I went to Ottawa for the day.  I took the train from Montreal.  I had never been to Ottawa, and it was something to do, something fun. It's a 2 hour train ride from Montreal.  I got to Ottawa, and took the bus downtown.  I was not sure where I was going, but I saw Parliament Hill after 20 minutes on the bus, so I rang the bell, and got off.  I walked around.  I couldn't get close to Parliament Hill.  There was security, many of the entrances were blocked off.  They must have been in Session, and it was the Morning.  Then around noon, I saw a barcade of security driving out, and I thought - ooh, it must be out to lunch for JT!  Woohoo.  Then I was able to get closer to Parliament Hill.  After that, I found a dessert place close by.  Ate dessert and drank coffee, and walked around.  Then went back to Montreal during the Evening which I  knew it was time, when I went back to Parliament Hill after dessert, when I was right under the clock, this guy in an uniform and sunglasses, looking very stern starting starring at me, and would not stop starring.  I knew it was time to leave.  I was just taking pictures under the clock.  So I turned around, casually walked away, and went back where I catch the bus to the train station.  

I really like Montreal, and I enjoy taking day trips by train when I am there, or tourism at night.  I having a little bit of wine on particular night at a restaurant while eating my meal and dessert, and came up the the idea of 'Tourism at Night.' Where I walk around looking at buildings/historic sites at night oohing and awing.   I was going to taxi it up or walk to Mont Royal, but I this was after a bit of wine.  Another time I went to Montreal, after landing and taking the bus to downtown, I checked into the hotel, and went to the Bell Centre.  There's statues of players right outside.  I knew it was selfie time.  What else does someone do after they arrive in Montreal? 

Another time, I took a day trip to Quebec City.  It's a 4 hour train ride from Montreal.  I love the history there, and walking around, and stopped for Lunch, and of course wine and dessert with food.  It's funny because people always ask me for directions in Montreal, and I even got asked for directions in Quebec City and Ottawa, and I never really know where I am going.

And another time, back in 2015, I had half my head shaved in the form of a CH logo at FanJam.  I was very popular that weekend.  I was in 2 online publications that weekend.  Everyone went crazy taking my picture when I sat down to get the CH logo.  When about to get the CH logo, the person who was going to do it, asked me if I really wanted to do this, that I had pretty hair, and I was like - yeah! Then when this has happening, everyone was taking my picture, and I thought to myself - smile! 

Edited by brilac
  • 1 month later...

I saw a Stylist today over in Bellevue.  It's Fashion Week, and I booked a complimentary consultation with them.  I'm always open for improvements I can make with my wardrobe, so this was a great opportunity.  

From what I learned today, I learned:

I am wearing my clothes too big.  Smaller sizes work best. 

Skinny jeans are best for me, and to cuff them at the bottom to make my legs look longer, and hiding the socks, no to socks, except the ones that hide in the shoe/not showing.

Cardigans are not for me, to replace them with blazers.  

Then I went shopping with the stylist.  We picked out 2 pairs of jeans, a top, and a blazer.  She was great! I looked more put together, and know what to look for now, and what my sizes are. And my closet is going to have a big clean out. 

• Upvote 1
On 9/22/2018 at 7:21 PM, brilac said:

I saw a Stylist today over in Bellevue.  It's Fashion Week, and I booked a complimentary consultation with them.  I'm always open for improvements I can make with my wardrobe, so this was a great opportunity.  

From what I learned today, I learned:

I am wearing my clothes too big.  Smaller sizes work best. 

Skinny jeans are best for me, and to cuff them at the bottom to make my legs look longer, and hiding the socks, no to socks, except the ones that hide in the shoe/not showing.

Cardigans are not for me, to replace them with blazers.  

Then I went shopping with the stylist.  We picked out 2 pairs of jeans, a top, and a blazer.  She was great! I looked more put together, and know what to look for now, and what my sizes are. And my closet is going to have a big clean out. 

Shopping with a professional is the best. I am pretty hopeless by myself, so I'll go to a nice suit shop, get measured up, and they pick out the clothes. If I had the money, I'd just hire a personal shopper.

• Upvote 2

Sadly I buy clothes once a decade and it's shows big time.  There is a commercial were friends gather once a year and they bug one guy for wearing the same shirt lol, that's me!  Next time I go shopping for clothes I'll be sure to buy the skinniest jeans possible. 

Image result for kramer skinny jeans

• Like 1
8 hours ago, MattJVD said:

Shopping with a professional is the best. I am pretty hopeless by myself, so I'll go to a nice suit shop, get measured up, and they pick out the clothes. If I had the money, I'd just hire a personal shopper.

It is the best.  I wore the skinny jeans today with a blazer.  One of my co-workers told me how nice I looked, and I told her about the stylist.  Then I saw she had her jeans cuffed too, and told her what the stylist said about that, how it makes your legs look longer. 

Anyhow I'm still adjusting to the skinny jeans, trying to loosen them up.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

I got home from work today, and this is what the cat did ~

Screenshot_2018-09-26-18-27-40-1.png.44e86f369bea915a568ba0b797f1d6d7.png

She put her kitty toys in some type of order, like a clock.  Slid the closet door, and moved one of her kitty toys from the living room to her blanket in the bedroom.

Now only if I could train her to use the toilet!

Edited by brilac
  • Haha 1
On ‎9‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 6:39 PM, brilac said:

I got home from work today, and this is what the cat did ~

Screenshot_2018-09-26-18-27-40-1.png.44e86f369bea915a568ba0b797f1d6d7.png

She put her kitty toys in some type of order, like a clock.  Slid the closet door, and moved one of her kitty toys from the living room to her blanket in the bedroom.

Now only if I could train her to use the toilet!

When I had a cat her favorite toy by far was the little plastic ring that you peel off when you open a jug a milk for the first time.  She would purr so loud whenever I'd come home with groceries and she would bat that thing around the house for ages.  That and putting a little bouncing ball in the drain of the bathtub for her to pry out and swat around the tub. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

When I had a cat her favorite toy by far was the little plastic ring that you peel off when you open a jug a milk for the first time.  She would purr so loud whenever I'd come home with groceries and she would bat that thing around the house for ages.  That and putting a little bouncing ball in the drain of the bathtub for her to pry out and swat around the tub. 

The milk ring is definitely a cat thing. That and toilet paper rolls that they could bat around.

I had to put the tp under the sink or else the cats thought they were spinning the money wheel on Price is Right the little varmints!