[Value of] Dougie Hamilton

4 hours ago, khay said:

Tanev for Hamilton. Do it JB. 

So, then...

Edler - Hamilton

Hutton - Gudbranson

Tryamkin - Stecher

Interesting mix.

- Also deal Sbisa(after exposing for expansion)?

- Olli Juolevi takes Edler's spot, in a couple yrs, at most

Our back-end wouldn't be pushed around much, that's for sure.

6 hours ago, Warhippy said:

40+ points with size and a solid break out pass?  Ya, kiss Larsen good bye.  And or Sbisa.  

Edler - Hamilton

Hutton - Gudbranson

Sbisa/Tryamkin - Tanev

Just depends on what Calgary would want for Hamilton. That defense would almost single handedly get us to the playoffs. 

There is a reason Sweeney let this guy go... he cant play D to save his life. So what if he puts up 40 plus, every game I watched of the flamers I seen this guy relax on his D responsibility. He is the next Mike Green, shows stats but when it comes down to it cant play his position of D. Bruins are aging and yet they still let this kid go, hey flames good luck with that contract, at least he will put up 40 while giving up 60. Do not give me that tripe about Bruins having cap issues, if this kid was so valuable they would have made room. They should have kept Boychuck......

BTW that Pastranak kid sure looks good right now, good job Sweeney. 

18 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Well documented contract demands and a serious lack of cap space.

And the fact that he is just a mess out there.  Getting 40 pts doesn't make up for everything else.  But, Boston has moved Wheeler, Kessel, Seguin, and Smith, so Hamilton being moved is probably an indication that he's gonna be a first tier player.

21 hours ago, Beeekz37 said:

Too early for Calgary to give up on Hamilton. I wouldn't mind picking him up, but we seem to be pretty stacked for D. Plus, this would be the final nail in the coffin for Tryamkin.

For Tryamkin? No idea why you'd think that, Hamilton's a right hander and Tryamkin's a lefty (but can play either side). Adding Hamilton would make things crowded on the right, but make someone like Larsen less useful. We'd still need to stronger, defensive presence - more in fact - and that'd fall on the left side behind Hutton as we move on from the our older D.

21 hours ago, khay said:

Tanev for Hamilton. Do it JB. 

I'd consider that.

21 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Doesn't matter.

At no point in time did Burke look at a near free Pronger and then say sorry Scott Neidermeyer, we don't need you.  At no point did Bowman look at Lidstrom and tell Rafalski sorry we don't need you.  At NO point in time did Lameriello look at Neidermeyer and say sorry man, Scott Stevens ya know.  

When you have or IF you have a chance to draft/trade or acquire a stud D man you do it.  Even if it costs you a 1st 2nd and 3rd round pick.

That being said, NO chance at all Calgary just lets this guy go.

21 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Well documented contract demands and a serious lack of cap space.

And as was noted, the locker room issues. I know, I know, we seemingly hear about those a lot after an unexpected trade, but without that you find a way to keep a 40 point D-man in his early twenties on a defence that was getting nothing but older. I wouldn't have done it for his asking price, but you find a way to negotiate a little more without any other issues.

I totally agree though on still getting a guy like this even if you already have another stud in some form. As long as it won't kill you from a cap perspective, absolutely look at it. I'm just not sure I'd go for a 1st, 2nd and a 3rd even if Calgary would be asking for a lot in case he's only there for points (if defence really is a problem) and would be an issue in the locker room.

But yeah, we aren't getting him.

52 minutes ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

Add in Boeser and either a 1st rounder or Demko and you meet Calgary's demands from a division rival... Same reason why Tanev is not getting you Trouba or GL etc...

Not worth it!

I agree that we shouldn't add the premium but I don't agree that we need to pay the division rival premium.

Calgary needs a defensive defenceman. Tanev defends better than Hamilton although Hamilton is better in other aspects, which could benefit the Canucks.

They are getting a good roster player from us, a player that possesses the qualities that they desire. So if anything they should pay us the premium, which is Dougie Hamilton + nothing.

You are right that Hamilton's value > Tanev's value. So the premium they pay us is trading an overall better player for a player that is better defensively. Tanev will surely improve Calgary whereas Hamilton is just a redundancy on their roster.

@elvis15 The only reason I think that (aside from whos lefty and whos righty) is our plethora of D, and the lack of ice time that Tryamkin is getting. The guy wants to play. I want the guy to play, but its gotta be fairly disheartening to be told a line to get him over here, use him for a couple months to end a season (in which I thought he looked pretty impressive), and then just sit him in the press box to start the new season (still early, and no real room for him, I know). I don't blame him for turning down the AHL assignment, but if he was smart he would take the conditioning stint, show WD and the rest of our coaching staff that he is still our version of Chara and be ready to go on the next call up. I have full faith that he will be a regular one day, just needs to be given that chance. From what I have seen of him (highlights), he has the abillity and potential to become a game changer/breaker. The guy that will either throw that huge hit to stop the other team from constantly running around us, or he may develop a cannon from the point like Chara. Either way, this guy will be more than just a #5 or #6 (or 7,8,9) dman.

This is the first season in many, many years that I have actually been able to watch games on TV. For years, I didn't bother getting cable/satellite as I found it to be a waste of money. There is never anything I want to watch on, and I have spent most nights flipping through channels just to find something decent or interesting to watch. Most Canucks games I would watch at a friends house (those that actually liked the Canucks... most of my friends are Montreal, Calgary and Edmonton fans), listen to it on the radio, or just read every damned article I could find the next day about the games and anything else that is going on in Canuckland. 6 games in, and I am loving what this team looks like already (not to mention what else we have that can be added to the roster over the years).

This is my wall of writing for the day as the boss is out and I don't have to type on my cellphone haha

On HFBoards, I saw Leafer-backers discussing JVR/Hamilton swaps with mulleted-Flamers.

Give the Fleas a chance to recoup a piece of the Kessel tragedy. Does Cowtown need JVR? Would the guy want to see Burkey & his dangling necktie, once more?

Philly is always looking for Righty's. Calgary would prob like a package with Sanheim, wouldn't they?

Wouldn't surprise me to see this guy moved.

7 hours ago, Beeekz37 said:

@elvis15 The only reason I think that (aside from whos lefty and whos righty) is our plethora of D, and the lack of ice time that Tryamkin is getting.

This is my wall of writing for the day as the boss is out and I don't have to type on my cellphone haha

I get that, but if we moved for someone like Hamilton we'd either have a defenceman going the other way, or being moved in a separate trade to fill a different hole.

• 1 month later...

Archived