The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] A young winger for Bo

IbanezRG

5 minutes ago, Odd. said:

I'd think Winnipeg would want someone in their 25-27 years old range back the other way. They don't need picks or prospects that much. Winnipeg, even with the amount of talent and DEPTH DEPTH DEPTH they have can't seem to win. 

We don't have the pieces they want back. And those pieces that we DO have, we aren't in the position to be trading them (Sutter, Tanev, Hansen). That's our problem.

I'd trade Hansen for him. Hansen is in a $&!#ty situation because he is at his peak and on a team that is bottoming out. Trading him to a decent team would be a favour in my opinion.

Domi. Max Domi please. I don't know what their needs are, but I heard they needed a centre if they were to trade of Hanzal. So maybe a three-way deal involving another team that has excess at centre?

ARI: Stepan

NYR: Tanev

VAN: Domi

Maybe? I just want to see Domi and Horvat reunited from their London days. They showed insane chemistry and skill together.

Bottom 9F when healthy would then be...

Baertschi - Granlund - Eriksson

Domi - Horvat - Hansen

Gaunce - Chaput - Burrows

And then in the future...

Domi - Horvat - Boeser

Baertschi - Hischier? - Virtanen

Instead of wingers, I think VAN needs to target 1 more C first to stop other teams from focusing on Horvat/Henrik too much. I think that helps Horvat out more than a line mate. 

VAN has decent depth at C w/ Sutter, Granlund, Guance, Chaput, Megna on paper. But nothing solid on the ice yet. Somehow everyone ends up a winger. 

5 minutes ago, Canada Hockey Place said:

Instead of wingers, I think VAN needs to target 1 more C first to stop other teams from focusing on Horvat/Henrik too much. I think that helps Horvat out more than a line mate. 

VAN has decent depth at C w/ Sutter, Granlund, Guance, Chaput, Megna on paper. But nothing solid on the ice yet. Somehow everyone ends up a winger. 

Everyone ends up a winger because we need a winger. Hence trading for a winger.

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Yes, we see a line of those three in the next year or two, but does our OWNER?  Just heard on TSN 1040 that the Canucks might be for sale, and the playoffs are a must.  Will our OWNER be patient?

Heard that as well.  Any idea if there is any truth to it?  Google isn't helping me.

43 minutes ago, Odd. said:

I'd think Winnipeg would want someone in their 25-27 years old range back the other way. They don't need picks or prospects that much. Winnipeg, even with the amount of talent and DEPTH DEPTH DEPTH they have can't seem to win. 

We don't have the pieces they want back. And those pieces that we DO have, we aren't in the position to be trading them (Sutter, Tanev, Hansen). That's our problem.

There's always the possibility of a larger trade between us involving the exchange of more assets. Perhaps start of with some kind of tanev for Trouba exchange.

thats the most obvious one to me, their chemistry would be insane, then include boeser next year as a finisher..: 

12 minutes ago, stuman491 said:

Heard that as well.  Any idea if there is any truth to it?  Google isn't helping me.

Ive heard this before too.  TL came out a few weeks back, and said the team (as far as he knew - at that moment) wasn't for sale.  He's a politician now though, so he could easily be spinningthe truth.  

Just now, Alflives said:

Ive heard this before too.  TL came out a few weeks back, and said the team (as far as he knew - at that moment) wasn't for sale.  He's a politician now though, so he could easily be spinningthe truth.  

Okay.  The only articles I came across were from last year.  So maybe its something that been in the works for a while.  It might explain the rebuild on the fly mandate. 

Just now, Alflives said:

A little off topic, but wouldn't they be trying to shed cap if they wanted to sell? 

Just now, stuman491 said:

Okay.  The only articles I came across were from last year.  So maybe its something that been in the works for a while.  It might explain the rebuild on the fly mandate. 

Just now, IbanezRG said:

A little off topic, but wouldn't they be trying to shed cap if they wanted to sell? 

There was a divorce a while back too.  The guys on 1040 were discussing the settlement was 250,000 and who knows what else.  Maybe there is part of the team in there too?  

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

There was a divorce a while back too.  The guys on 1040 were discussing the settlement was 250,000 and who knows what else.  Maybe there is part of the team in there too?  

Can't they just work it out? lol

6 minutes ago, IbanezRG said:

I think a competitive team leads to increased ticket and merchandise sales, which leads to a hire valuation of the franchise, which means a higher asking price for the team.

And there was no thread about this topic.  Saw Alflives comment and wanted to know if he knew something I didn't.

27 minutes ago, stuman491 said:

Can't they just work it out? lol

I think a competitive team leads to increased ticket and merchandise sales, which leads to a hire valuation of the franchise, which means a higher asking price for the team.

And there was no thread about this topic.  Saw Alflives comment and wanted to know if he knew something I didn't.

I guess it makes sense if AQ wants full value for the team as apposed to selling as quickly as possible.

Canucks could look very attractive to some loaded businessmen if they continue their impressive retool. 

3 hours ago, IbanezRG said:

Horvats a monster, we all know that, playing better then Mackinnon this year with worse wingers... he basically makes whatever Line he's on, could you imagine if the Canucks went out and got him an equally talented winger to play with ASAP?

For the sake of simplicity, let's assume Burrows is a lock on the line as a vet/backchecker (means the winger we acquire can be one dimensional offensive if you wish)

Try and keep the trades realistic, remember, Four turds from us won't give us a diamond like in NHL17. Ideally someone around the same age with a similar ceiling.

Example: (This trade would never happen)

Van: Demko, Boeser, 1st 2016

Wpg: Hatrick Laine

Laine-Horvat-Burrows 

Or 

Laine-Horvat-Erickson (Bo will be doing all the backchecking in this instance though) 

Another Proposal that could potentially be a bit more realistic:

Van: Juloevi, Boeser, 

Phx: Domi, OEML

We exchange Juleovi for a more established version of a similar player, while giving up his potential higher ceiling, and acquire a player Bo is familiar with and has a lot of potential.

Get creative, have fun. 

What's the M for in OEL's handle? Oliver Ekman *#**#-****** Larsen?

4 hours ago, IbanezRG said:

Horvats a monster, we all know that, playing better then Mackinnon this year with worse wingers... he basically makes whatever Line he's on, could you imagine if the Canucks went out and got him an equally talented winger to play with ASAP?

For the sake of simplicity, let's assume Burrows is a lock on the line as a vet/backchecker (means the winger we acquire can be one dimensional offensive if you wish)

Try and keep the trades realistic, remember, Four turds from us won't give us a diamond like in NHL17. Ideally someone around the same age with a similar ceiling.

Example: (This trade would never happen)

Van: Demko, Boeser, 1st 2016

Wpg: Hatrick Laine

Laine-Horvat-Burrows 

Or 

Laine-Horvat-Erickson (Bo will be doing all the backchecking in this instance though) 

Another Proposal that could potentially be a bit more realistic:

Van: Juloevi, Boeser, 

Phx: Domi, OEML

We exchange Juleovi for a more established version of a similar player, while giving up his potential higher ceiling, and acquire a player Bo is familiar with and has a lot of potential.

Get creative, have fun. 

Thought you said realistic.

Laine is the second coming of Selanne to Winipeg. He's not going anywhere.

As for trading prospects; I'd rather see veterans moved. There've been too many threads involving them so I'll refrain from regurgitating the same proposals but definite no to the second deal. I still believe we have good forward prospects within the organization. I'd rather see more stocking of the shelves and see what these kids have. The true path to long term success is solid drafting and development. I like what JB's done at the draft, so far, regardless of what the, so called experts say. With proper development and vision for a prospect, any player can be a useful player to the right team. As long as Benning goes to each draft with a specific plan in mind, and sticks to it, Vancouver will be successful in the future. I've said this a few times now but must say it again. Patience will win out.

14 hours ago, kenhodgejr said:

What if we could acquire Swiss left winger Kevin Fiala from Nashville? Picked 11th in 2014. Might be a good fit with Bo!

I like it, Bo has proven to be versatile as well and that he doesn't need his winger to be from the same system as him. (OHL)  I don't know anything about his stats, size or weight though, what do you think it would take to acquire him? 

Archived