The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What is your most painful memory/moment as a Canuck fan (slightly depressing Discussion)

ReggieBush

Just now, 189lb enforcers? said:

After watching our A get slapped by him? 

Your puckin right I would. 

A rat is better than a pusse.

That's a rat with a Cup too.  Give me an entire team of Marchands, Burrows, and Keslers.  If I get to celebrate my team winning a .Cup I don't care how ratlike they are.

Just now, 189lb enforcers? said:

Messier

Winners find ways to win. The game within the game. 

Yup, they are guys willing to do whatever it takes to win, both on and off the ice.  Bobby Clarke used to skate dragging a truck tire around behind him in the off season, so he could get an edge up on other guys.  We need guys who will do whatever it takes to win, including the off ice stuff too.  

14 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yup, they are guys willing to do whatever it takes to win, both on and off the ice.  Bobby Clarke used to skate dragging a truck tire around behind him in the off season, so he could get an edge up on other guys.  We need guys who will do whatever it takes to win, including the off ice stuff too.  

Barcheese is not that guy, for instance. Hutton is not that guy. 

We need to get our Geoff Cortnall, Gelinas and Ohlund's in these drafts and dump this soft core filler. 

My favorite memory is being proud of the Canucks because even if the lost they game, they never got beat up or pushed off the puck. It's been a tough go watching this soft smurf hockey, even with the wins and the trophies.

it will always be HOW you play the game and not about if you win. I will take Iginla over Nasund in any game, in any situation, every time. Canadian hockey, are my favorite memories. 

6 minutes ago, Me_ said:

A most painful event:

Watching Daniel get slapped around by an 18 year old kid on International prime time hockey.

...and 1994.

Glad you felt the same disgust. Something's transcend the game and that was a defining moment for this franchise.

And folks still can't figure out why the Sedins are disrespected on and off the ice by players? Nobody slapped Sackic or Lidstrom. Sometimes, a spade is a spade. And abitch slap is abitch slapped. 

This franchise has had some doozies:

Blowing a 2-0 series lead to Detroit. Basically got steamrolled after that Lidstrom goal.

Blowing a 3-1 series lead to a third year expansion franchise. Getting blown out in game 5 &6 before losing a 2-0 lead in game 7.

Losing game 7 94. That teem fought till the end though.

Getting steamrolled in their 2011 Stanley Cup final losses. Daniel Sedin taking punches like a school girl was embarrassing enough. Followed up by losing a game 7 of the SCF on home ice....4-0.

2011 Cup Finals was easily the worst experience for me as a Canucks fan. Because we rolled over and played dead though not.m because we lost. I was actually embarrassed especially by Marchand speed bagging Sedin.

94 was the most gut wrenching but I was proud of the team because they were largely a rag tag group who punched above their weight class and never gave up an inch of ice without a fight. The deck was very stacked against them both with a formidable Rangers team and the free pass given to Messier and company. But they gave those Rangers a scare for sure. They left it all on the ice.

Maybe seeing a Canucks team that played with that heart is what makes me hate the long time polite version of the Canucks. No swagger. No pushback. No intense hatred of losing. I miss those things.

• 2 weeks later...

Sad isn't an emotion I get. It's mostly anger.

1989 - Joel Otto kicks in a puck in Game 7 OT against Vancouver. Shouldn't have counted. Flames go on to win Stanley Cup.

Every time a Flames fan mentions 1989, I mention Joel Otto. Their championship is tainted.

aside from the team having nothing left in game 7 in 2011.  I think the early 2000's loss to mini after Bert said the series was over when we were up 3-1 in the series. 

that 7th game really hurt. I remember the puck bouncing off the linesmans skate and Marky burying it

and that time when their goalie wasnt paying attention on the faceoff and nearly got scored on lol.  I think we would of been in the cup finals that year.

2011 was the worst for me... because I felt the team had given up... also because the League was clearly biased towards a Boston win.

1994 I could accept, the team played hard right to the end, and almost tied it up.  It could have gone either way in the third period.

I also felt extremely ashamed of the fans who rioted in 1994 and 2011... that was a black mark on the city.

Archived