The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Jannik Hansen Has Presented Management With a 8 Team List

1 minute ago, Darius71 said:

anybody else thinking it might be dangerous to unload competent vets that can shelter and mentor the next wave of kids? Unless they draft some phenoms and they start winning right away I'm worried that perptual losing can destroy young players. 

So so is it so bad if they keep a solid hockey player like Hansen who prob has another 3-4 good years left? 

Yes but, who would be exposed in the expansion draft?  There's talk of somebody with a no trade waiving.  Who?  

3 minutes ago, Darius71 said:

anybody else thinking it might be dangerous to unload competent vets that can shelter and mentor the next wave of kids? Unless they draft some phenoms and they start winning right away I'm worried that perptual losing can destroy young players. 

So so is it so bad if they keep a solid hockey player like Hansen who prob has another 3-4 good years left? 

With the expansion draft the odds of him having to be exposed and  plucked by Vegas are high. Benning knows this and is trying to manage his assets. Since he was hired the fanbase and media have criticized Benning for his lack of asset management. Well, here ya go..

5 minutes ago, Darius71 said:

I've been saying that for years. However, our players have matured ample enough to be able to shed Burrows and Hansen who have two of the hardest working four vets on this team.

Hank & Dank are going to be with the Canucks for another year.

Turning a guy who shouldn't be in the league into a top flight scorer on a Stanley Cup competing team is a feat in itself. Getting Dalhen out of Burrows is a major boost to the franchise.

2 minutes ago, Darius71 said:

That's the key here. Up until now they have been very cautious to keep a specific handful of vets to mentor the kids.  What we're seeing is the indication that management believes the kids are ready to take the ball and start running with it.

On 2/28/2017 at 8:54 PM, Darius71 said:

Better to trade too early than too late. We need to get picks/prospects now, rather than lesser ones for an older Hansen five years from now.

That is, if we can even protect him before June.

Just now, Hutton Wink said:

That's the key here. Up until now they have been very cautious to keep a specific handful of vets to mentor the kids.  What we're seeing is the indication that management believes the kids are ready to take the ball and start running with it.

Absolutely, and I hope the fan base is prepared for what that's going to look like for a year or two.

1 minute ago, Hutton Wink said:

Horvat is pretty good

4 minutes ago, Darius71 said:

Yeah I was thinking there would be a dman moved, but if we don't move another forward we'll potentially lose a good one on expansion draft day anyways. Maybe not Hansen, but I like the idea of getting something now while we still have some modicum of control over the return. 

You're right about one thing, if Hansen is on the way out then the Canucks just lost 2 of its hardest workers. It'll be up to the twins, Horvat, and Stecher to lead by example, and only 2 of those 4 players have relevant experience. 

5 minutes ago, Darius71 said:

I'm fine either way with Hansen... exactly the kind of guy you want ushering in the new guys.  That said, I'm expecting a pretty good return if we do move him so it could be worth it. 

The expansion draft factors in as well... that Granlund/Baer/Hansen logjam is tough.

Archived