The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Missing Tags]A Sedin trade is not ruled out....

NHL97OneTimer

http://www.tsn.ca/video/benning-on-mumps-asking-ntc-players-for-list-of-trade-teams~1065408

Go to 6:45......MG JB mentions all players with "provisions" have been contacted for a list of teams.  I'm interpreting this as the Sedins also.  Not to say that they will be traded, but does this not seem like a TSN-turning point for the relationship with the Sedins and finally the organization (i.e. rebuild is official)?!!!

5 minutes ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

http://www.tsn.ca/video/benning-on-mumps-asking-ntc-players-for-list-of-trade-teams~1065408

Go to 6:45......MG JB mentions all players with "provisions" have been contacted for a list of teams.  I'm interpreting this as the Sedins also.  Not to say that they will be traded, but does this not seem like a TSN-turning point for the relationship with the Sedins and finally the organization (i.e. rebuild is official)?!!!

God, I hope you're right.  I don't know if the Twins are even tradable, but if they would waive it would allow our team to FINALLY rebuild properly.  

Just now, Alflives said:

God, I hope you're right.  I don't know if the Twins are even tradable, but if they would waive it would allow our team to FINALLY rebuild properly.  

IF they get good value for them.  Tough to think that he would ask them for a trade and tough to think another team would take on the cap hit for both of them......also tough to think that the Sedins would want a cup more than to stay here.

1 minute ago, MikeyBoy44 said:

You guys are all asking for third saddest day of my life to happen. Shame on you all.:angry:

Not that it has any chance of happening, but if the Twins were traded to a playoff team, at least we would have a team to cheer for to win the Cup, right?

I don't know what the twins value would possibly be if they were packaged. It's strange. They could certainly be plugged into a contending lineup and recreate some magic, but at this point, who knows. Some picks, some prospects...high ones, no idea. They will never be traded though because the franchise simply needs some more lifers to worship for all of eternity. 

Just now, Alflives said:

Not that it has any chance of happening, but if the Twins were traded to a playoff team, at least we would have a team to cheer for to win the Cup, right?

Once the Sedins go the team won't have much identity to me. Don't get me wrong though Scorvat is definitely growing on me, however after him and probably Hansen I'm just not drawn to any one player other than the Sedins. I cried when we traded Kes and bawlled when we traded Lu. I feel once they are gone I'll just be following the logo. Which isn't per say terrible, but it makes it more fun to get attached to certain players. I'm a softy like that.

2 minutes ago, MikeyBoy44 said:

Once the Sedins go the team won't have much identity to me. Don't get me wrong though Scorvat is definitely growing on me, however after him and probably Hansen I'm just not drawn to any one player other than the Sedins. I cried when we traded Kes and bawlled when we traded Lu. I feel once they are gone I'll just be following the logo. Which isn't per say terrible, but it makes it more fun to get attached to certain players. I'm a softy like that.

Cried when we traded Kes......sorry man but Kesler was not a player I minded losing.  Loved him when he played hard but hated him off of the ice.  He was expendable.

The Sedins don't have provisions in their contracts. Benning was referring to players with modified NTCs. 

Having said that, there's just no way a Sedin trade could be possible at this time of the year. Unless there's a team with boat loads of cap and cash to suddenly spend? I'd have to look into it. I suppose a deal could be made with massive cap dump coming back? 

Worth noting, I believe teams are only allowed to retain cap for up to 3 players at any given time. Lu is 1 and I'm pretty sure Burrows would have to be 2. So there's probably a 99% chance that the Sedins don't get traded. 

I wish that wasn't the case though. If we were somehow able to trade then, we'd tank hard for the rest of the year and possibly get a top 3 pick. Then we'd be in the position acquire a top 6 forward for cheap that would otherwise be drafted by LV. We would also have cash freed up to sign a significant top 6 free agent. So it would be pretty sweet. Never gonna happen though.

Archived