The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] VANCOUVER CANUCKS @ EDMONTON OILERS | MARCH.18 | 7:00PM | CBC | THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE CUP |

J-23

28 minutes ago, Davathor said:

Thats serious adjustments? Looks like the revolving door of AHL plugs continues. Same garbage we've got for 2 seasons.

Im either watching this to see the best Canadian player in the league, or not watching at all because the Canucks are about to get $&!# stomped. Maybe Train will give us something to be excited about, because those forward lines sure won't.

This is "playing the kids"? 

Chaput, Megan, Crammarosa and Shore?

WTF is this?

What did you think a rebuild was going to look like?

2 minutes ago, McDavyCrockett said:

GL tonight boys. I can unfortunately see tonight being the classic "trap" game for my Oilers riding the highs of the past two wins.

Hopefully McDavid can get back to leading the scoring race over Marchand. I'm sure no Nucks fan will mind, lol.

You've got that!

15 minutes ago, stawns said:

What did you think a rebuild was going to look like?

I thought it would look like less career AHLers and more young players that actually have a future in the NHL- because crammarosa, Megan, chaput and shore aren't even close

and it's a "retool" remember? Rebuilding teams don't generally sign over the hill swedes to 5 year 6 million $ contracts, or trade promising forwards for plug defenceman when the team couldn't score their way out of a wet paper bag

17 hours ago, J-23 said:

Player Headshot           Player Headshot          Player Headshot   

Player Headshot          Player Headshot           Player Headshot      <------

Player Headshot           Player Headshot           Player Headshot

Ok but did anyone notice there were actually 2 Daniel Sedins on that line lmao

Canucks roster look terrible, but it is what it is.

I agree with some that the gushing over McDavid gets a little much. Bob Cole is bad for this too. Almost creepy how much he admirers him. Sure, he's a great, exciting player, but take a cold shower already.

18 minutes ago, Davathor said:

I thought it would look like less career AHLers and more young players that actually have a future in the NHL- because crammarosa, Megan, chaput and shore aren't even close

and it's a "retool" remember? Rebuilding teams don't generally sign over the hill swedes to 5 year 6 million $ contracts, or trade promising forwards for plug defenceman when the team couldn't score their way out of a wet paper bag

All 4 are fighting to get a contract for next season - they will need players to fill the lineup.  For now, there are only 8 players who seem to be set - the 7 expansion protected and Dorsett.

Chaput, Cramarossa and Shore are RFAs just like Gaunce and Boucher.  Megna is the only one that is a UFA. 

Boeser is expected to start in Utica next year (unless surprise).  They want to avoid a Virtanen/McCann repeat where they were brought in too early.

Vancouver's lineup looks like a pre-season lineup -- half NHLers and half AHLers who haven't been sent down yet. Too bad the other half of the NHLers aren't playing another pre-season game in San Jose.

Archived