The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[poll] Who would you give up for Nate MacKinnon?

JM_

Who would you trade for MacKinnon?   

78 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Any single player in our system I'd trade for Nate MacKinnon. He grew up loving and idolizing the Avs/Sakic and he's their future so little chance he gets moved unless someone throws an offer they can't refuse.

This is one of those rumours that's unlikely to come to fruition. Then again, so was PK Subban.

5 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

According to @Jaku there's a rumour that Nate might be available. Do we have the horses for a deal? Discuss.

Sorry calling BS on that.

We do not have the pieces to facilitate that deal.  Edmonton could easily offer RNH and Eberle/Puljujarvi for him and the Avs giggle and run.

The Avs have Duchene and Landeskog who are older more established, more attractive and would garner better returns 1 for 1 than trading the future in Mackinnon.

If Sakic gets his rumoured return for either of them

1st round pick, top prospect and young roster player it will be a far better return than getting the same for Mackinnon.

8 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Sorry calling BS on that.

We do not have the pieces to facilitate that deal.  Edmonton could easily offer RNH and Eberle/Puljujarvi for him and the Avs giggle and run.

The Avs have Duchene and Landeskog who are older more established, more attractive and would garner better returns 1 for 1 than trading the future in Mackinnon.

If Sakic gets his rumoured return for either of them

1st round pick, top prospect and young roster player it will be a far better return than getting the same for Mackinnon.

They could, but would they really? Given everything they've got does Nate really want to end up the 3C on that team? Don't think so. And EDM doesn't have anything close to quality D in the deal. I think that D would be a key piece of this for the AVs. 

3 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

As far as I know Sakic has no ties to BC anymore (never hear of anything) and he'll likely screw us over as much as any other team out there. No thanks don't want to get graped by him. He'll want Bo or Tryamkin.

Yah thats kind of disappointing given Burnaby named a damn street after him. 

32 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

According to @Jaku there's a rumour that Nate might be available. Do we have the horses for a deal? Discuss.

I actually see Mackinnon as a winger on a top line, but not a center.  I wouldn't give up Boeser or Demko, but I would give up Tanev + Goldobin + a second.  

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I actually see Mackinnon as a winger on a top line, but not a center.  I wouldn't give up Boeser or Demko, but I would give up Tanev + Goldobin + a second.  

he's just over 50% this year tho.... and with Manny coaching him he could be decent. 

24 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

They could, but would they really? Given everything they've got does Nate really want to end up the 3C on that team? Don't think so. And EDM doesn't have anything close to quality D in the deal. I think that D would be a key piece of this for the AVs. 

A 1-2-3 of McJesus, Mackinnon, Draisatl would terrorize the league for a decade.

But I was simply putting something out there in regards to what others could offer without hurting their team vs us who would have to gut it to facilitate that trade.

I think you should add picks to the poll. Also, seperate Goldy And Dahlin. I think Dahlin could end up being a star in this league, or he might not. "I would like to find that out with him on our team. Also, you left off Virt I am not one of those who thinks he will be a bust. he was rushed last year, played hurt imo and came into camp thinking he had A spot nailed down. I hope I am right and he lights it up

As for the poll, he has been on A decline the last few years, except on team N.A Maybe it's the system in Co but guys like him and Duchene stock must be lower than 3  years ago no? So I would do Tanev A second this year and a first top 15 protected next year. I think that is fair top shutdown d man or at least top 10 a good young prospect and mid 1st in a strong 2018 draft, seems pretty fair. or take the 2nd back and throw in Goldy. Though I rather wouldn't Rip away  Nathan get's more hype because of what he was supposed to become. I think he is good. I don"t think he at least not yet is anywhere near what he was hyped as.

4 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

A 1-2-3 of McJesus, Mackinnon, Draisatl would terrorize the league for a decade.

As long as Bettman turned the salary cap off in the league settings:ph34r:

The Avs are clearly a ways a way from being competitive.  So I don't think Tanev fits their needs (age wise).    If your asking what I'd give up.  Anyone except Horvat and Tryamkin.  

I'm sure the Avalanche would want top prospect (Boeser, Virtanen) + young left handed D (Hutton, Joulevi) + a pick.  I honestly don't think we have the resources to acquire a player of his calibre, but I would be doing my happy dance if we managed to get him!

Archived