The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Tryamkin goes to the KHL

1 minute ago, Shirotashi said:

This sucks serious life out of the franchise. Someone could very well lose their job for this, its that bad. The whole time we have been

talking about how we needed a "generational player" in the draft. Well I'm pretty sure we just lost a generational player. I don't have any

problems saying that because his potential was that high. This is atom bomb level problems for that management team, no idea how

you recover from losing a player in what seemed to be preventable loss. I know I said in a earlier post I don't think this is managements

fault, I take that back, how can it not be their fault? He was basically called out as being fat and lazy in the beginning and he looked like our

best most physical D man on most nights. Sbisa on the other hand....

I wouldnt call him 'generational' but I'd call him potential to be an impactful player - generational is like Lidstrom, Coffey, even Weber - not quite at that potential but Chara /Buff for sure. The latter both very impactful players and able to affect game outcomes but not able to carry a team so to speak but yes this is not a good thing for the franchise.

More money, more ice time, with family, in home country.  And we suck.  

Do the math though, could Tram be a top 4 guy.  Not going to surpass Gud, Tanev, Elder or even Sbisa. They are better players  And of course Hutton and Stech have better O game with Juolevi in the pipe.  And we got Brise as well.  Tram is your bottom six most nights with the Nucks - he knew that.    

I am disappointed we lost a player (don't like the term asset) but I was skeptical about Tram's upside as the season dragged on here.  Hutton and Stech seemed to get better as the season progress but I thought Tram's game plateaued a bit.  Canucks wanted him to hit and be tough but I dont think that his game.   He was never going to be Chara - Chara is one of the best Ds of the past 10 years.  

4 minutes ago, Shirotashi said:

This sucks serious life out of the franchise. Someone could very well lose their job for this, its that bad. The whole time we have been

talking about how we needed a "generational player" in the draft. Well I'm pretty sure we just lost a generational player. I don't have any

problems saying that because his potential was that high. This is atom bomb level problems for that management team, no idea how

you recover from losing a player in what seemed to be preventable loss. I know I said in a earlier post I don't think this is managements

fault, I take that back, how can it not be their fault? He was basically called out as being fat and lazy in the beginning and he looked like our

best most physical D man on most nights. Sbisa on the other hand....

Who was Tram better than on the Nucks - Biega (iffy), Larsen (yeah okay).   Sorry but he wasn't going to beat Stech, Hutton, Gud, Tanev, Elder, Sibisa out of top 4 minutes.  Not to mention you got Juolevi who will be in the show a lot sooner than people think.  You got Brisebois, and then guys like Pedan.     You seriously overestimate Tram and I cannot see how you do this

One more thing Tram lovers.  If the Nucks were high on him they would have thrown a huge bit of cash at him and promised the world.  This signing was not out of blue.  

He adds depth but we did not lose a major piece of our future.    He would have add to work his butt of to get top 4 time and we see now that their are limits to his desire and effort.  

8 minutes ago, samurai said:

More money, more ice time, with family, in home country.  And we suck.  

Do the math though, could Tram be a top 4 guy.  Not going to surpass Gud, Tanev, Elder or even Sbisa. They are better players  And of course Hutton and Stech have better O game with Juolevi in the pipe.  And we got Brise as well.  Tram is your bottom six most nights with the Nucks - he knew that.    

I am disappointed we lost a player (don't like the term asset) but I was skeptical about Tram's upside as the season dragged on here.  Hutton and Stech seemed to get better as the season progress but I thought Tram's game plateaued a bit.  Canucks wanted him to hit and be tough but I dont think that his game.   He was never going to be Chara - Chara is one of the best Ds of the past 10 years.  

Ya that is true - they seemed to have to be telling him to use his physicality and that's not what he wanted to do. Could also be part of it. If he's being asked to fight and is not a fighter, regardless of his size I can't see him being happy with that. You either have that mentality/edge/temper in you or you dont - he seems to be a big guy who wants to use his size 'effectively' but not to punish and to put up offense if given that chance (as he did in Russia).

Maybe we're making a mountain out of a mole hill as he may never have become that punisher we wanted /needed - as Willie seemed to be reinforcing we needed more of that from him  - so clearly it wasn't 'part of his game' naturally.

Still, his tools had us all drooling...sad to see him go

14 minutes ago, Boeser6 said:

Point was canuck luck

1. Yes Modano was ranked number 1 but we also went 4-4-2 in our last ten that year screwing our pick - not to mention Roenick and Selanne were taken after Linden (both would have had a major impact and larger than TL as much as he was a great part of our franchise)

2. Don't for a second get in a debate with me over Neely, I was a kid and knew how stupid that trade was at that time. Neely had 3 30 pt years already, was hitting and intimidating everything in sight, and was knocking people out with his fists. He was young and while no one knew he'd be a 50 goal man - he had impact player written all over him. Trading him for Pederson was a bad trade even at that time - and most saw it as such add in the fact we threw in a 3rd overall pick and it was a disaster. Pure disaster before we knew what Neely was sir. Don't even go there because I remember to this day thinking WTF are they doing, I was 10 years old and could see it.

Post wasn't about living in the past if you read it, it was about canuck luck - clearly we have been a bit of a cursed franchise when it comes to that

we also drafted nedved because he was such a hot commodity. jagr was behind the iron curtain and no one knew when he might come over. he shone greater than all 4 of the players chosen ahead on them. other gm's were choked when pat quinn took bure in the 6th round. they all believed that he hadn't played the required games over there to be eligible. quinn had done his home work and bure, indeed had played the required games. hindsight is always easier than foresight. we all hated the neely trade after cam became the wrecking ball, but he was a young player who hadn't proved yet what he would become. pederson was a very good player but ended up having cancerous lumps on his body. in todays nhl that trade would have been nullified. we also had some good luck too. 

26 minutes ago, asian player said:

Being 29th in the league didn't help with things either...

That shouldn't be an issue..Its a privilege to play in the NHL...Then again Tryamkin comes from a different culture...I think he's gone because he and his wife could not adjust to the language and culture..They've gone back home.

I wasn't a WD fan,but I can't fault WD one bit for the the amount of ice time Tryamkin received..He was still learning the NHL game on the 3rd pairing...

I bet Tryamkin returns in a year or two...

5 minutes ago, Honky Cat said:

That shouldn't be an issue..Its a privilege to play in the NHL...Then again Tryamkin comes from a different culture...I think he's gone because he and his wife could not adjust to the language and culture..They've gone back home.

I wasn't a WD fan,but I can't fault WD one bit for the the amount of ice time Tryamkin received..He was still learning the NHL game on the 3rd pairing...

With us or another club?

7 minutes ago, Honky Cat said:

Do we still retain his rights?

11 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

we also drafted nedved because he was such a hot commodity. jagr was behind the iron curtain and no one knew when he might come over. he shone greater than all 4 of the players chosen ahead on them. other gm's were choked when pat quinn took bure in the 6th round. they all believed that he hadn't played the required games over there to be eligible. quinn had done his home work and bure, indeed had played the required games. hindsight is always easier than foresight. we all hated the neely trade after cam became the wrecking ball, but he was a young player who hadn't proved yet what he would become. pederson was a very good player but ended up having cancerous lumps on his body. in todays nhl that trade would have been nullified. we also had some good luck too. 

where did i say anything about nedved  - i was at that draft and was well aware of why not only us but 4 teams passed on Jagr

don't put words in my mouth - we haven't had good luck and that's reality good for you if you think crap smells like roses buddy -it doesnt

Neely was a wrecking ball in Vancouver - he head that much in his game already plus 3-30 pt seasons and was on an upward trajectory stop facking arguing man go find a life

2 hours ago, Derp... said:

I think this is more a family decision than a hockey decision.

Hope everything is good for him and he can return to the NHL in a couple years to help this team.

Yeah, he sounded homesick in the interview, and signed with his hometown team. Short of offering him a ridiculous contract, it's hard to compete with that.

As a family man myself, I respect the decision. Sucks as a Canucks fan though.

19 minutes ago, Boeser6 said:

Ya that is true - they seemed to have to be telling him to use his physicality and that's not what he wanted to do. Could also be part of it. If he's being asked to fight and is not a fighter, regardless of his size I can't see him being happy with that. You either have that mentality/edge/temper in you or you dont - he seems to be a big guy who wants to use his size 'effectively' but not to punish and to put up offense if given that chance (as he did in Russia).

Maybe we're making a mountain out of a mole hill as he may never have become that punisher we wanted /needed - as Willie seemed to be reinforcing we needed more of that from him  - so clearly it wasn't 'part of his game' naturally.

Still, his tools had us all drooling...sad to see him go

He had a picture of the virgin mary in his locker.   Van wanted him to be a beast but that is not his hardware.  I actually think he was one of the Nucks that got noticeable worse as the season progressed.  An opposite example is Hutton.        

I never drooled.  Goldy though makes me drool.

13 minutes ago, Honky Cat said:

Then again Tryamkin comes from a different culture...I think he's gone because he and his wife could not adjust to the language and culture..They've gone back home.

What makes you think that? North America switches from english to russian?

3 hours ago, spook007 said:

WTF????.... is it April 1st? Guess Edler Tanev won't be traded after all.....Noooooooo just Noooooooo

Fixed that for you. Edler plays left side, Tryamkin right side. Tanev would have to be moved to give Try more minutes.

Just now, samurai said:

He had a picture of the virgin mary in his locker.   Van wanted him to be a beast but that is not his hardware.  I actually think he was one of the Nucks that got noticeable worse as the season progressed.  An opposite example is Hutton.        

I never drooled.  Goldy though makes me drool.

Drooled at the tools - but perhaps that's where the 'tease' lied - we saw Buff/Chara 2.0 but he gave us Willie Huber 2.0 - for those who are too young Willie Huber was called he gentle Giant - 6'5'' 225 back in the day when guys were much smaller. Beast in junior but in the NHL never brought that physicality

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=2394

Archived