The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

McGregor vs Mayweather August 26th

DoughtysCheck

13 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

147 was the most recent that I heard.

Can McGregor make that weight anymore? He looked like he was going to die the last time he made 145...

Just now, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Mayweather will win....easily.

I'd be much more interested in seeing an MMA match between the two.

It'd just be the exact opposite but a lot less competitive. 

Just now, TheHitman said:

Can McGregor make that weight anymore? He looked like he was going to die the last time he made 145...

It'd just be the exact opposite but a lot less competitive. 

I just edited my initial post a couple minutes ago.  They settled on 154.

3 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

An MMA match would be terribly one-sided.  At least with boxing, Conor has a punchers chance for the first few rounds until he inevitably tires out.

42 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

That would be infinitely more one sided on McGregor's side than this. Even Mayweather has said this.

The return of "Pretty Boy" Floyd aka "Money" Mayweather! 

Bittersweet cause I get to witness Floyds greatness once more, but wish it were against a better boxer. 

Right now he's 49-0, come August 26 50-0. 

Oooh I'd love nothing more than to see McGregor punch his lights out, but yeah, hard to see it happening.

That being said, seems like McGregor has little to lose here, if he does lose, he'll probably at least look half decent and go back to mma and kick ass there, if Mayweather loses though, to an MMA fighter, with no pro boxing experience, going 49-1? Ouch.

Easy win for Mayweather.  Let's see how MacGregor punches with boxing gloves on.  Also, Floyd also barely gets hit against real boxers. 

And, MacGregor gasses after 2 rounds of MMA, how will he be in round 10. 

This is is all about money.  Won't be competitive at all.  

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Goes the distance and Mayweather wins every round.  

I doubt that Conor has the stamina to go all 12 rounds effectively.  His best shot at winning is slipping a hard punch through within the first 4 rounds. 

4 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

I doubt that Conor has the stamina to go all 12 rounds effectively.  His best shot at winning is slipping a hard punch through within the first 4 rounds. 

How well does Connor take a punch?  If he is aggressively trying to get to Mayweather he will get stopped rather quickly.

40 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

Floyd tends to start slow as well, soon as he gets his range fights over. The Shane Mosley fight was a great example, as he caught Floyd with a nice shot. Wouldn't be surprised if Floyd won by KO via bodyshot. 

As for McGregor looks like he'll be using some trainers based in Ireland? Freddie Roach had also stated Floyd has asked him to train McGregor as well. Virgil Hunter suggesting McGregor should take Maidanas blueprint to have a chance. 

7 hours ago, Chicken. said:

My Money is on Mayweather

Everyone who has a brain should have their money on Mayweather.

He is a douchebag and not aggressive/entertaining most of the time but he will probably go down as the best defensive boxer in history.

It will be 12 rounds of McGregor not being able to land ANYTHING. 

How well does Connor take a punch?  If he is aggressively trying to get to Mayweather he will get stopped rather quickly.

He's never been knocked out.  His losses were all a result of tapping out while in submission holds.

Mayweather won't stop him in those first 4.  After Conor tires out in the 5th, that's when Mayweather can go to work.

4 minutes ago, RRypien37 said:

Not a chance. I doubt he makes more than 20. 

They're saying Conor will be around 70-75 million if the PPV buys go as high or higher than the Pacquiao fight.

Floyd will make 100 million base salary and much much more than that if the PPV buys set another record.

Hard to tell, Nate Diaz doesn't exactly have the hardest punch and he wobbled Conor with a 1-2. Nate is a lot bigger than Mayweather though. 

An exhibition boxing match, eh? I'm assuming 99% of the goodness will take the shape of the gross amount of pre-fight hype, press conferences, etc. And then the fight will occur, and McGregor's glove won't come anywhere near Mayweather's face or body (besides the early shot at both where the crowd uproars and the announcers wonder if Floyd made a bad decision agreeing to the fight). An hour of nothing. Lame. 

Archived