The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[proposal] VAN-STL draft day deal

JM_

VAN 33rd & 55th and rights to Zhukenov for STLs 20th overall. 

Why? STL still has the 27th, they get a 2 more relatively high picks and maybe a sniper Russian kid.

We get to pick Yamamoto or Foote, and we already have Goldobin ahead of Zhukenov on our depth chart. 

What's the chance STL is enticed or do we need to add more?

1 minute ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I wouldn't do this. Benning is gold with picks outside the 1st rd, plus we'd be giving up on a decent prospect at well.

yah but Yamamoto looks Gaudreau-like but a C, and Zhukenov might bolt anyway. And that Torts pick has to be cursed. 

I like the idea of trying to grab another late 1st rounder. Would really like to add another physical presence on the blue line and grab Nic Hague in the top 20

Edit: Obviously depending on which direction they go at #5

1 minute ago, diesel_3 said:

I like the idea of trying to grab another late 1st rounder. Would really like to add another physical presence on the blue line and grab Nic Hague in the top 20.

Acquiring Hague would be a real bonus,  but I doubt St Louis accepts this proposal.   Aside from Parayko their system isn't exactly teeming with young NHL ready defenseman or D prospects - they would likely be looking to draft a D with their first. 

Just now, Fanuck said:

Acquiring Hague would be a real bonus,  but I doubt St Louis accepts this proposal.   Aside from Parayko their system isn't exactly teeming with young NHL ready defenseman or D prospects - they would likely be looking to draft a D with their first. 

Yup, and i'm willing to bet Hague would be a guy they are targeting, too.

Hague reminds me a lot of Dylan Mcilrath who I followed a bit up until the 2010 draft, the major difference being Hague can move well for a big guy and has a bit more offense to add.

I've been all in on drafting Hague for awhile. I doubt he would even be available at 20. However...the Isles do not have a lot of picks this year. How about that same deal to the Isles, except maybe looking at the rights to negotiating with Rodin tossed in. With the depth we have at wing, Rodin may not get much of a chance next year. That would get us into the mid-teen's and able to get Hague.

Reasoning on Hague; with his size and skill set, he can compliment Juolevi, or Tanev, very well. He can take the place of Guddy, should Guddy not cut it; if he does succeed, then that gives us two very large Dmen, one of which has the skill set that is being looked for currently.

Edit: skip this one, just remembered the Isles traded that 1st to Vegas. Still, though, the principle applies, just needs to be a team in the right slot.

Archived