-Vintage Canuck-

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, cory40 said:

Would anyone be surprised if he got 60 points next year?.

I would be, I'm surprised when any rookie gets over 60. It's an incredible feat... 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, hoholla sk said:

Hey Forza,

 

What says the commentator before the of the third about Elias and Vancouver please?

 

Edit : Before his second goal :DD

 

A vacnouver fan in the arena, we see Petterson, you like Elias obviously.
If he takes that one off there may be a Dahlén one under there aswell

Canucks picked Pettersson #5 overall, and his improvement this year shows they know what they do over there in Vancouver
#1 in SHL scoring and leader of the play-off scoring. What he is doing on the is is on an incredibly INCREDIBLY high level.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Attila Umbrus said:

Thanks for the update. I disagree about Lind as well. Just listening to Ryan Johnsons recent interview and he shed some really important light to me about Lind. Which is he is pretty shocked about the difference of hockey in the WHL compared to the AHL. Johnson goes on to state that he is happy with his progress as he is taking it all in stride and is taking the humble approach and watching and learning. Some prospects aren't ready right away. Some need to see what it's like to be a Pro every day all day on ice or off it, so to me it's still a win that he is taking this information and not getting cocky about it, and not taking this opportunity for granted whether he plays or not. 

Yeah, I don't see the comparable with Shinkaruk.  Lind is not afraid to go to the hard areas and doesn't simply feast on powerplay time.  Lind at 19 is already 2" taller and about the same weight (although I don't buy Hunter being anywhere near 190 unless something drastic happened the past couple years).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Yeah, I don't see the comparable with Shinkaruk.  Lind is not afraid to go to the hard areas and doesn't simply feast on powerplay time.  Lind at 19 is already 2" taller and about the same weight (although I don't buy Hunter being anywhere near 190 unless something drastic happened the past couple years).

Ya I'm going to have to agree. Those comparisons are bogus. 

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, cory40 said:

Would anyone be surprised if he got 60 points next year?.

...a little bit...if he plays the whole season I know he will be at 1 PPG or better...it just is...it just is....

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, cyoung said:

I would be, I'm surprised when any rookie gets over 60. It's an incredible feat... 

Usually I would agree, but he isn't a "rookie" in the sense of a typical 19 or 20 year old coming out of the CHL.  He has basically been playing at the same level as the AHL in a men's league (some would argue higher level from a skill perspective but maybe not a physicality perspective) and was the league leading scorer and probably best offensive player.

 

He turned 19 after the beginning of the season.  He is only going to get better. I think this kid may really surprise some people especially if he has the right line mate (s) and opportunity like 1st unit PP.

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ForzaTikare said:

I am getting ready to dominate the NHL now for the Canucks together with Dahlén and Dahlin after we win the lottery this year. SWEDEN POWER!

That's just too much awesomeness.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ForzaTikare said:

"Congratulations to the 3rd victory"
- Thanks alot!
"why did you win this game?
- Ehh, I think we got out ok, Skellefteå came out good in the second after their goal i think we take the game. The third period is out best and we close the game in a good way.
"I was looking and thought it felt a little sleepy in the Växjö troup today, yet you had power to turn it around with 2 goals in the second, how did you feel half way into the game?"
- I agree, Skellefteå made it hard for us with fast plays and we didnt forecheck as good as we use to, but we saw what we did wrong an could turn it around.
"As an old coach i see players that reads stuff all the time and my feeling about you is that you take steps, you are infront of the goal, youre screening and scoring yourself.
How do you feel? Do you learn stuff for every day that passes?"
- Ehh, im trying to get better every day and when im on the ice i always try to see where the next play will be, if its best to go infront of the net for a screen, to find a spot for an open pass or to get in position for a shot. I always try to be 1 step ahead.
"Congratulations to the victory and to a great game."
- Thanks! I am getting ready to dominate the NHL now for the Canucks together with Dahlén and Dahlin after we win the lottery this year. SWEDEN POWER!

I’m thinking you added the bolded. But I like it anyway!  :gocan:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Borvat said:

Usually I would agree, but he isn't a "rookie" in the sense of a typical 19 or 20 year old coming out of the CHL.  He has basically been playing at the same level as the AHL in a men's league (some would argue higher level from a skill perspective but maybe not a physicality perspective) and was the league leading scorer and probably best offensive player.

 

He turned 19 after the beginning of the season.  He is only going to get better. I think this kid may really surprise some people especially if he has the right line mate (s) and opportunity like 1st unit PP.

I understand all of that. Regardless it's still surprising and impressive. It doesn't happen often. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Alflives said:

I’m thinking you added the bolded. But I like it anyway!  :gocan:

You'll have to go learn Swedish to get sure :ph34r::rolleyes:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ForzaTikare said:


- Ehh, im trying to get better every day and when im on the ice i always try to see where the next play will be, if its best to go infront of the net for a screen, to find a spot for an open pass or to get in position for a shot. I always try to be 1 step ahead.
 

The Bobby Fischer of hockey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, cyoung said:

I understand all of that. Regardless it's still surprising and impressive. It doesn't happen often. 

My point was it wouldn't be that surprising if you look at what he has actually accomplished at his age in a high level men's league compared to 19 year old rookies coming out of junior hockey playing against 17 and 18 year olds.

Edited by Borvat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Borvat said:

My point was it wouldn't be that surprising if you look at what he has done at his age in a high level men's league compared to kids out of junior.

I understand your opinion, I just don't agree. I think he can do it, I'd be surprised still though. I hope he gets over 80 haha but we shall see. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, cyoung said:

I understand your opinion, I just don't agree. I think he can do it, I'd be surprised still though. I hope he gets over 80 haha but we shall see. 

Yup me too.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ForzaTikare said:

You'll have to go learn Swedish to get sure :ph34r::rolleyes:

I put together IKEA cabinets; that’s enough Swedish for me.  :towel:

  • Hydration 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Yeah, I don't see the comparable with Shinkaruk.  Lind is not afraid to go to the hard areas and doesn't simply feast on powerplay time.  Lind at 19 is already 2" taller and about the same weight (although I don't buy Hunter being anywhere near 190 unless something drastic happened the past couple years).

 

52 minutes ago, cyoung said:

Ya I'm going to have to agree. Those comparisons are bogus. 

It is an Oilers scout. They don't exactly have the best drafting record outside the top 5 picks they're handed year after year.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

He had a nice interview after the game... my Swedish is a bit rusty.

But I think he actually said we're probably going to win the first pick overall and looks forward to playing with Dahlin.

Awesome. EP is the good luck charm that will finally get us that #1 overall pick and ultimately, the Stanley Cup.

  • Like 1
  • Hydration 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bitter Melon said:

 

It is an Oilers scout. They don't exactly have the best drafting record outside the top 5 picks they're handed year after year.

Its easy to say after the fact too. Lol.  He could just be saying that to make himself sound good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.