The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

4 hours ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

what i most learned from this video

is that the swedish fans at that game

sure stay involved with all their clapping, singing, chanting

we need to import 2 sections of their fans for the first 10 games of the upcoming season

so they can teach our fans how to become truly involved in a hockey game

vancouver home games are a morgue compared to the constant noise i heard in this game

we are bush league, rank amateurs, when it comes to being an involved fan base at a game

let's learn something and up our fan game over here

i also learned that vaxjo lakers play a pretty adept cycle game

maybe they watch and like what they saw from the sedins

and i learned

petersson knows hockey :towel:

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

what i most learned from this video

is that the swedish fans at that game

sure stay involved with all their clapping, singing, chanting

we need to import 2 sections of their fans for the first 10 games of the upcoming season

so they can teach our fans how to become truly involved in a hockey game

vancouver home games are a morgue compared to the constant noise i heard in this game

we are bush league, rank amateurs, when it comes to being an involved fan base at a game

let's learn something and up our fan game over here

i also learned that vaxjo lakers play a pretty adept cycle game

maybe they watch and like what they saw from the sedins

and i learned

petersson knows hockey :towel:

I learned that the other team was really trying to nail EP every chance they got...

They learned that the harder they try to hit him, the worse the miss will be...and then you'll piss him off enough to score a highlight reel goal while you watch ...sitting on your ass...wondering how you missed him...again...

I also learned that EP doesn't play in a soft league and is not a soft player....well I already knew that ...so I reaffirmed it...the kid is a winner...pure and simple...and he is coming to a team of winner's with the new core and JD, AG and OJ coming in this year...all as winner's....

Expect Awesome people....if it doesn't happen...check to see if the sky is falling...if not...we accept it for whatever it is....but Expect Awesome to happen in a rink near you...!

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, coastal.view said:

feel free to aim low if you wish

i expect him to score on his first shift

but i will be ok, and not hold it against him, if he does not

I prefer to not get my hopes high too much. I mean if he scores on his first shift...great. I'm just worried that Canucks fans are gonna expect too much out of him right off the bat. If he proves me wrong and starts producing right away then I'll gladly eat my own words.

20 minutes ago, buddyguy said:

I prefer to not get my hopes high too much. I mean if he scores on his first shift...great. I'm just worried that Canucks fans are gonna expect too much out of him right off the bat. If he proves me wrong and starts producing right away then I'll gladly eat my own words.

i'm hoping i can hand you a fork then

7 hours ago, Borvat said:

Usually I would agree, but he isn't a "rookie" in the sense of a typical 19 or 20 year old coming out of the CHL.  He has basically been playing at the same level as the AHL in a men's league (some would argue higher level from a skill perspective but maybe not a physicality perspective) and was the league leading scorer and probably best offensive player.

He turned 19 after the beginning of the season.  He is only going to get better. I think this kid may really surprise some people especially if he has the right line mate (s) and opportunity like 1st unit PP.

7 hours ago, Rush17 said:

has this been posted omg

I have never seen anyone pull a move like that before.

I watched it over and over. I figure the far side defender was going to go behind the net and stop a wrap around but had to try and stop the unthinkable Elias bringing it shortside. Probably the only play he could have done and scored himself. I remembered someone saying he always seems to do the only option (not expected) and make it look easy.

Looks like he will replace both Daniel and Henrick.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, TGokou said:

I would not be at all. Based on his NHL projections I actually expect him to have 65 points MINIMUM. I know this is having totally unrealistic expectations but if the stats are correct that is what I am hoping for. 

My bet is north of 70. And a slow start to boot. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cory40 said:

I watched it over and over. I figure the far side defender was going to go behind the net and stop a wrap around but had to try and stop the unthinkable Elias bringing it shortside. Probably the only play he could have done and scored himself. I remembered someone saying he always seems to do the only option (not expected) and make it look easy.

Looks like he will replace both Daniel and Henrick.

He got the defender thinking...and by time he woke up...the defender had no time to stick check him or even dump him on his ass...the poor guy had no clue how to deal with any of that...

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, cory40 said:

My bet is north of 70. And a slow start to boot. 

I think Nick Bakstrom had 69 points in his NHL rookie season which was his d+2 year (if im not mistaken). Hes probably the closest comparable to EP in the modern NHL in terms of development path. At the very least it shows 1st production is possible for elias next season. 

Edited by Canadian Clay
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Elias Pettersson is like the better version of Clayton Keller. 

What an incredible season he's had.

SO fun to watch

The one play from today where he stepped around his guy from the corner boards and set up a teammate in the slot for a chance was just magic.

He must have had 7 or 8 shot assists and half of them into the high danger area of the ice. Not to mention 2 goals and two shots from in tight too. 

I'm actually excited for the WC this year. 

Horvat
Pettersson Hopefully
Juolevi Hopefully

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

It’s so tough to predict Pettersson.

This season, he’s blown past even the most optimistic forecasts of what he could do in the SHL.

Obviously NHL is a significant step up, but he’s proven a lot this year playing against men in the 3rd best hockey league in the world.

He’s been able to adjust to the ramped up intensity of playoff hockey, taking a few games to find his bearings, and then showing he can still dominate during what’s been a very chippy series.

He’s been a marked man for a while now, and he just seems to relish the competition and raise his game the harder teams go after him. He does not back down. He just keeps finding another gear.

How many more gears he has is the question. But you look at his skillset, and it’s hard not to feel like he’s still just scratching the surface of how good he can be. He’s blown the ceiling right off. Where he goes from here is anyone’s guess.

But it really feels like we’re at a place where it’s just a question of whether he’s going to be a star or a superstar in the NHL.

It’s definitely going to be fun finding out. 

I can't wait to see Boeser and Pettersson feeding each other on the PP. Now you got 2 quality forwards for Juolevi to work with. We all saw what he did with Laine, Aho, and Pulvi.  All he needs is players who can make use of his crisp passing and amazing timings.

• Cheers 3

1 hour ago, buddyguy said:

I'd say 55-60 pts is realistic 

That's fair.  I predicted between 45-75.  Very vague I know lol.  But will depend how many games he plays in the NHL. He may sit some or start in Utica. Crazy as that sounds lol.  It will be hard to keep him out of the NHL tho. He is sooooo good for his age.

Edited by Rush17