The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Discussion) Best case scenerio

Just like to see everyone's opinion on what they feel will be the best direction we can go this year to really help our future. We all have different opinions so how about showing yours before picking out the negative in everyone else's :)

For me this is what I'd like to see...

Go into the year with the current roster, but I'd like to see Goldobin on the too line with BoBoeser, Eriksson back with the twins, and Juolevi in the lineup (he is ready imo).

Goldobin Horvat Boeser

Sedin Sedin Eriksson 

Baertschi Sutter Granlund 

Molino Gagner Rodin/Burmistrov 

Edler Tanev 

Hutton Gudbranson 

Juolevi Stecher 

Del Zotto

Markstrom/Nillson/Bachman

Virtanen, Subban, McEneny, Chaput, Pedan, and Gaunce being call up options.

As the year progresses hopefully we have some chemistry building up and we are scoring goals. Main thing this year is the young guys trying to take over this team. Guys like Horvat, Boeser, Goldobin, Stecher, Hutton, Baertschi, Granlund, and Juolevi will hopefully all take big steps this year. 

I'm hoping to be in the playoff picture for most of the year to create excitement for us as fans and our young guys as players, but I'm also hoping our goalies eventually hold us back enough to sell at the deadline. Hopefully were about 10 pts between being a playoff team and best lottery odds. If we sell at the deadline we have some interesting players to shop, better than last year's Burrows and Hansen that got us 2 very good prospects.

Edler, Tanev, Sutter, and maybe even Gudbranson.

So for Edler, me personally I'm going to say him to Ottawa for a 1st and a 4th.

Tanev I'm going to say Rangers for a 1st + A prospect.

Sutter at 50% for a 1st to a willing team (Pens?).

And if Gudbranson isn't signed I would get a huge bidding war going. Might even pry something like Sergachev + a 1st for a guy like him to a contending team.

In:

4 - 2018 1st round picks

Sergachev

A prospect

Out:

Edler

Tanev

Sutter

Gudbranson

Bring up Virtanen and Subban and finish out the year with this roster...

Goldobin Horvat Boeser 

Sedin Sedin Eriksson 

Baertschi Gagner Granlund 

Virtanen Gaunce Molino 

Hutton Stecher

Juolevi Subban

Del Zotto Sergachev

Pedan

We should then fall to around 25th-26th OA and give us 5th or 6th best odds at Dahlin. Which will then hopefully lead to us finally luckily out and getting Dahlin.

But for the sake of a rumen let's say worst case we pick 6th OA. We will go into the 1st found with a total of 5 picks, 4 of which will be in the later half of the round.

Package the 6th OA, late 1st, and Baertschi for 1st OA. Maybe a bit more if needed. 

The following year is when the young guys will really begin to take over. Petterson, Dahlen, Dahlin, and Gaudette should be ready to make the jump.

2018-2019

Virtanen Horvat Boeser 

Goldobin Pettersson Dahlen 

Sedin Sedin Eriksson/Gagner

Granlund Gaudette Molino

Juolevi Stecher

Dahlin Sergachev

Hutton Del Zotto 

Holm Subban

TDL bait: Gagner, Del Zotto, Holm

Following Offseason convince Tryamkin to come back, trade Hutton for veteran big shutdown Dman + a pick.

2019-2020

Virtanen Horvat Boeser 

Goldobin Pettersson Dahlen 

Granlund Gaudette Molino

Sedin Sedin Eriksson 

Dahlin Tryamkin

Juolevi Sergachev

Hutton Stecher

Subban

Demko

Sedins retire champs as the Canucks swept the Maple Leafs. Demko made history only allowing 1 goal in the finals as a rookie. Finishes with 7 shutouts in the playoffs (3 in the finals), and we go on to become a dynasty for 10 years. Winning 5 cups in that span, back to back twice.

You're hopeless. :lol:

Edit:

First of all, the team probably will look completely different from what you envisioned. Second, that last paragraph... I know this thread is called "best scenario" but... yeah, that's just pure comedy. :P

Well, that certainly looks like a good plan. I'm hesitant to talk about playoffs and winning Cups anytime soon though. EDM and CGY are just ramping up, probably the Canucks biggest competition.

I like the idea of being competitive enough that we're in the playoff talk in January, but assuming that doesn't happen, I'd also like to see Benning sell at the TDL (Edler, Tanev, Sutter). I'd like to see Virtanen, Goldobin, Boeser and Juolevi make the team this year, and for Bo's line to be the new #1. I have a feeling Dorsett's career will be halted and he'll end up leaving the game after a valiant effort. I'd like to see Boeser get an opportunity to play with the Sedins, to learn, gain confidence. He's talented and smart enough to fit in. I'd also like to see Goldy with Bo's line.

Baertschi - Horvat - Goldobin

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Boeser

Granlund - Gagner - Eriksson

Gaunce - Sutter - Virtanen

Rodin

Edler - Stecher

Del Zotto - Tanev

Hutton - Gudbranson

Juolevi

Wiercioch

Markstrom

Nilsson

UTICA: Boucher, Molino, Labate, Burmistrov, Megna, Chaput, Holm, Pedan, Biega, Subban, Demko

Hortankin is a dreamer with an imagination, nothing wrong with that, makes for interesting discussion anyway - as long as it's realistic. During this time of year, when the newspapers have zero Canucks news, I really miss the team. It's kind of fun to discuss possibilities, and be positive that one day the Canucks will be a playoff team again. Don't care for tennis, baseball, soccer or CFL football. So, any discussion regarding the Canucks interests me. But again, as long as it's realistic. Sorry Hortankin, getting Sergachev isn't realistic.

1 hour ago, Hortankin said:

Goldobin Horvat Boeser

Sedin Sedin Eriksson 

Baertschi Sutter Granlund 

Molino Gagner Rodin/Burmistrov 

Really liked Goldobin with the Sedin's at the end of the season, would love to see him get another shot with them in camp and to start the year. Good young energy is I think part of what they need to stay competitive.

15 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

Really liked Goldobin with the Sedin's at the end of the season, would love to see him get another shot with them in camp and to start the year. Good young energy is I think part of what they need to stay competitive.

I liked him there to but I kind of want the young guys building chemistry together

4 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

2017/18 Canucks Point Leaders

Horvat  28-35 = 63

Boeser  22-28 = 50

H. Sedin  12-36 = 48

D. Sedin  20-24 = 44

Baertschi  22-18 = 40

Eriksson  17-21 = 38

Goldobin  18-18 = 36

I think you got Horvat, Baertschi and Gold dead on but I think the rest do a bit better. I think the Sedins and Eriksson bounce back under Green, and I'm thinking Boeser sprites and hits 30

I'd lower Bo's goal total and add to his assists

My best case scenario...trade the Sedins for Crosby/Malkin or Toews/Kane.  Then trade Edler for PK Subban, Tanev for Weber, Sutter for Bergeron.

Ok, I know I'm exaggerating and my scenario is impossible....but your best case scenario, is barely more probable than mine.

i would watch players during training camp. some will be shoo ins, like the sedins, horvat, granlund, sutter, ericksson, baertschi and boeser.

on the bubble will be, virtanen, goldobin, dahlin, burmistrov, gaunce, labate and dorsett and juolevi. 

gagner, del zotto, weircoch and nilsson will have to be looked at closely.

one thing i'ld like to see is not rushing our young players on to roster before they are ready to compete  and play the right way. 

i would want coach green and his fellow coaches to decide who is ready and who is not and make the decisions that is right for the team and the players. 

1 minute ago, timberz21 said:

My best case scenario...trade the Sedins for Crosby/Malkin or Toews/Kane.  Then trade Edler for PK Subban, Tanev for Weber, Sutter for Bergeron.

Ok, I know I'm exaggerating and my scenario is impossible....but your best case scenario, is barely more probable than mine.

:lol:

@Where'd Luongo?, @Goal:thecup et al, you're free to simply not read threads if you don't want to. If you have issues with another user you can also user the ignore feature. Please don't reply to what you perceive as spam by spamming yourselves and hijacking threads.

Also remember this is the Proposals forum. There's obviously going to be some out of the box stuff posted frequently. Respond with discussion and reason, not derision and insults. If you can't deal with that then don't respond at all. 

4 minutes ago, Hortankin said:

I liked him there to but I kind of want the young guys building chemistry together

Would like to see that as well, but I also think that Goldobin is a player that would really benefit from some direct experience of playing with the Sedins. I think he could use a really strong mentor to get him through some rough spots in his game.

I think the kid has really good potential, but not sure he's going to get what he needs this year, playing on a young line.

Could be wrong though, wouldn't be the first time :)

Archived