The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Man drives car through counter-protesters at white supremacist rally in Charlottesville

Toews

24 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Toews, whats he supposed to say?!

Both you and the Hippy are sure quick to judge, damn and burn. I think you're reacting to things you may not fully understand yet. Unless, you're just that awesome that you don't ever get it wrong. Glad we don't have any witches anymore. 

Thinking outloud question of the day: 

What is the ratio of left vs right violent attacks against either side?

I mean, how many violent white guy "right wing" attacks have there been against the left compared to how many left attacks on the right in NA.

(As if you're going to see it in the Zion media. You might have to look harder to make a serious attempt to answer this)

Looking forward to more facts before I comment on this human lawnmower video.

38 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Who was protesting what?

All I heard was white supremacists, which can mean anything these days, were being protested by someone.

Whats the whole story?

Terrorism, has worn out its umbrella. 

Which advocacy group has taken credit for the human-bowling by Charger?

I try to avoid labeling people by political ideology... but why is this such an integral part of "the right's" playbook? 

It's like trolling is so ingrained in them they can't comment on an event without throwing little callous barbs to evoke some hostility from the other side.  The follow-up in the playbook is to point to any flak they get back and play the victim or call "the left" out on stooping to what amounts to their bread and butter.

Thinking outloud questions of the day:

Ever stop to think that if your idea of a "win" is to incite someone down to your level, you're playing for the wrong team?

If your comments come with a built-in attempt to antagonize, is it any wonder so many don't take you seriously?

48 minutes ago, Harvey Spector said:

Taylor Lorenz, Tech reporter for The Hill, tweeted that police officers think that the person that ran people down was not malicious in intent and that the driver was scared. His car was being swarmed and some of them turned violent.[16] Lorenz was also punched in the face at the rally. 

Oh great. The police have made a point of trying to establish some kind of "reasonable doubt" in the media. Its already a circus and this fool is going to get off running his car through a crowd of people. Probably make money on a book and become an alt-right hero if he isn't already. 

37 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

US Army...but was scared at what the right call

"A bunch of p***y leftist libtards"

Sure he didn't know what he was doing, sure

He was only in the military for 4 months. Fat little white supremacist couldn't even make it through boot camp. I'm sure those libtards with their anti-Trump signs scared the sh*t out of him really...  ^_^

7 minutes ago, Harvey Spector said:

He was only in the military for 4 months. Fat little white supremacist couldn't even make it through boot camp. I'm sure those libtards with their anti-Trump signs scared the sh*t out of him really...  ^_^

I always feel conflicted up voting your posts....but sometimes you call it.

7 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

This world is in BIG trouble and the number one finger of blame goes toward Government officials who are responsible to diffuse and de-escalate tensions, not fuel them.  My God, this is hard to watch....

Almost 20 years of divisive governance in the US post 9/11

Things won't change soon when so many are still so upset over the colour of Obamas skin and the fact he held office

Permit gets issued for a far right rally, also counter protest was allowed.

People come in with shields, helmets, hard hats, poles, sticks, chains etc and police was probably ordered to stand down.

Elected officials carry a lot of blame.

6 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Almost 20 years of divisive governance in the US post 9/11

Things won't change soon when so many are still so upset over the colour of Obamas skin and the fact he held office

Division is how people stay in power, make money, get elected, rule plebs, have great TV ratings, etc.

Been like that way longer then 20 years.

9 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Permit gets issued for a far right rally, also counter protest was allowed.

People come in with shields, helmets, hard hats, poles, sticks, chains etc and police was probably ordered to stand down.

Elected officials carry a lot of blame.

Whoa whoa whoa wait

You mean guys coming to peacefully protest carrying arms, armour and weapons with the leader flat out stating " we were looking for a fight" had ulterior motives in mind?

The nerve of the left for engaging them....

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

Whoa whoa whoa wait

You mean guys coming to peacefully protest carrying arms, armour and weapons with the leader flat out stating " we were looking for a fight" had ulterior motives in mind?

The nerve of the left for engaging them....

Engaging armed people is alway dum, unless you are armed yourself.

We get searched going to sporting games. 

But you can wear a shield like, a &^@#ing King Arthur and no one bats an eye.

Just now, CBH1926 said:

Engaging armed people is alway dum, unless you are armed yourself.

We get searched going to sporting games. 

But you can wear a shield like, a &^@#ing King Arthur and no one bats an eye.

Did...did you see the scary white guys in paramilitary uniforms from some other state carrying fully automatic weapons with confederate flag patches sewn on?

Ya...'Murica

Archived