The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] David Pastrnak to be traded

Instead of Gudbranson and Virtanen, i think Hutton and Virtanen would give us a better shot.  Boston can see Huttton is cheaper, younger and a RFA after his contract runs up as opposed to a UFA like Gudbranson.  If Vancouver can't or doesn't want to re-sign Gudbranson he can be traded at the deadline. 

Id throw in as high as a 2'nd if needed to try to get it done. 

5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Overpaying for a player that has had one good season under his belt. What could go wrong there?

You say that like he's 33 and only had one productive season.  I could easily twist that to say that of the only full season he's played, he was spectacular. 

51 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

Hopefully they do trade him, and get a similar return to what Seguin got them.

If we could offload Loui and get Pastaman back, I'd be willing to add quite a lot to our side...

Loui, Gudbranson, Baertschi and a 3rd?

Just now, Zhukini said:

You say that like he's 33 and only had one productive season.  I could easily twist that to say that of the only full season he's played, he was spectacular. 

No but I find it funny that in one thread we're saying we have to be patient with young players, yet as soon as another teams player becomes available it's all about dumping those same young players.

If Virtanen is such a write off like some people are saying, why would Boston trade a 30 goals scorer for him? They wouldn't.

The only way we're ever going to get good value for our young guys is if we patiently develop them. Trading them at 20 years old will only come back to bite us.

8 minutes ago, EagleShield said:

If we could offload Loui and get Pastaman back, I'd be willing to add quite a lot to our side...

Loui, Gudbranson, Baertschi and a 3rd?

If that's what we give up, okay, but Likely It would cost us our good prospects.

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

How about we trade or the guys JB (maybe?) should have drafted?  I'm with DeNiro on this one.  Let's keep what we have and see what they become.

Yeah, they will bleed us dry. He is a 21 year old who just put a 70 point season. They will ask for anything and everything. No thanks, it would be a better investment to grow our own assets than to trade them away before we have seen what they are capable of. Ask yourself what you would want if the Canucks were trading a player of this caliber, you probably wouldn't be asking for the likes of Virtanen and Gudbranson.

5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

No but I find it funny that in one thread we're saying we have to be patient with young players, yet as soon as another teams player becomes available it's all about dumping those same young players.

If Virtanen is such a write off like some people are saying, why would Boston trade a 30 goals scorer for him? They wouldn't.

The only way we're ever going to get good value for our young guys is if we patiently develop them. Trading them at 20 years old will only come back to bite us.

Agreed. Virtanen isn't worth much in a trade at this point.

Yeah, unfortunately we can't give them the players we want to get Pastrnak. They would want Bo or Boeser, maybe Juolevi. We trade Bo and then we're looking for a #2C again, unless we wait for Pettersson and Gaudette. I'd hate to lose Boeser too, and Juolevi is going to lead our D for the next 15 years. Maybe the best thing to do is wait until next year's draft, the Canucks could get Brady Tkachuk (LW/C), if they're out on Dahlin.

1 hour ago, S'all Good Man said:

...did a quick search. This began with an Eklund rumour.  

So ends the thread.... 

Beat me to it,

If Brian Lawton's source is Eklund then Lawton is more of a hack than I thought.

Archived